• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I hate to say it but I can see United challenging again in a couple of years. Their transfer business of late has been solid after years of signing overpriced duds.

Need a new manager though, Ole just doesn't have it does he, Utd is one hell of an interesting project, they have so much money, young talent, not exactly the worst squad either and a British core.

There next managerial appointment if correct will put them back up there I reckon.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Need a new manager though, Ole just doesn't have it does he, Utd is one hell of an interesting project, they have so much money, young talent, not exactly the worst squad either and a British core.

There next managerial appointment if correct will put them back up there I reckon.

I thought it was pretty much a sure thing that Poch will be their manager at the end of the season. I was working on that assumption.

TornadoTed

Established Member
They basically signed an overpriced dud 6 months ago.

Maguire was well overpriced I agree but he has improved them, hardly a dud. Wan Bissaka and James were decent signings too.

I actually think selling Lukaku and Sanchez and putting faith in Rashford and Martial will be their best business. That will benefit them in the long term.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I hate to say it but I can see United challenging again in a couple of years. Their transfer business of late has been solid after years of signing overpriced duds.
When you have that much money it’s harder to be bad than be good, if you know what I mean. A good manager and the big red machine is back.

All our rivals are signing or being linked to exciting players, while we’re collecting players nobody else wants.

Hard not to envy United. They are playing young players, trying to sign exciting players!

Feels like when you look at other so called top6 team ambition and us it feels like we are now more in relation to Everton than the other top6 teams.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Of course my preference is Grealish over this guy but just glad to be addressing a position that has Lingard/Pereira regularly starting in.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

When you have that much money it’s harder to be bad than be good, if you know what I mean. A good manager and the big red machine is back.

All our rivals are signing or being linked to exciting players, while we’re collecting players nobody else wants.

Disagree, they've spent big sums year on year since Fergie left and gone through many a manager yet not even come close to being back at the top apart from one season under Jose.

It's funny because I posted before about how United could spend their way to the top again but it seems that's simply not working.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

On Jude, I think he pretty much says in his celebration "I'm staying here" and points to the ground 2 or 3 times.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

On Jude, I think he pretty much says in his celebration "I'm staying here" and points to the ground 2 or 3 times.

The thing is with Jude he’s going to be getting to the level where he picks his next club.

Atletico and Juve have shown interest, it honestly wouldn’t shock me seeing him for another year or two at Birmingham before going to say Bayern.

Sky’s honestly the limit for him.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

What would you say is over spending on Bruno? For me 60M max I think.

Even that sounds quite high doesn't it? He's coming from the Portuguese league with minimal experience of the Serie A when he was in his early 20's. He's done some outrageous things wherever he's played to be fair to him.

The closer this deal gets the more I'm thinking this might not be a great idea. 45-50M is a deal I could live with.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

The thing is with Jude he’s going to be getting to the level where he picks his next club.

Atletico and Juve have shown interest, it honestly wouldn’t shock me seeing him for another year or two at Birmingham before going to say Bayern.

Agreed, and if he does that it would be very sensible. I don't think he'd look out of ordinary if he was in the premier league right now.

Think he genuinely loves it at Birmingham, he'll probably try to squeeze as much as he can out of playing at this level.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Even that sounds quite high doesn't it? He's coming from the Portuguese league with minimal experience of the Serie A when he was in his early 20's. He's done some outrageous things wherever he's played to be fair to him.

The closer this deal gets the more I'm thinking this might not be a great idea. 45-50M is a deal I could live with.

Yeah it is high, but I think clubs very much often pay for what they are producing atm and don't take into account, league, age, adaption etc. Bruno has some unreal stats in all fairness and if they were in a top league you'd be looking at easily 100M.

When in reality he'll need a year of adaption in the PL and even that's not guaranteed, he'll go for over 60M I think.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Totally agree, what's the hurry. He may as well stay where he is for now, get plenty of game time and enjoy his football.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Arsenals-Alexis-Sanchez-celebrates-scoring-their-third-goal.jpg

Arsenals-Chilean-striker-Alexis-Sanchez.jpg

:(

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Yeah it is high, but I think clubs very much often pay for what they are producing atm and don't take into account, league, age, adaption etc. Bruno has some unreal stats in all fairness and if they were in a top league you'd be looking at easily 100M.

When in reality he'll need a year of adaption in the PL and even that's not guaranteed, he'll go for over 60M I think.

I guess I was all for this deal when I thought this was something that would be quite easy to do because of Sporting's reported financial issues and Bruno's willingness to join (which still seems to be the case with the latter part).

If Sporting directors etc. are going to make things difficult, raising the price unexpectedly (as has been reported) and making this deal as difficult as it would be to sign someone like Grealish, I'm ready to jump ship.

Goonger

Hard not to envy United. They are playing young players, trying to sign exciting players!

Feels like when you look at other so called top6 team ambition and us it feels like we are now more in relation to Everton than the other top6 teams.

I get your point about the signings, but you can't say we're not playing young players.
We have Saliba to come in as well who's only 19.

We never do big business in the winter, whereas Utd still **** money. Let's see how we do in the Summer window before judging. Anyway, them signing Fernandes hopefully takes them out the equation for a summer move for someone like Maddison or Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom