• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Norberto Murara Neto

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes but he’s homegrown.

You kept saying how buying Ramsdale was worth it because he was HG but now that’s fallen through you’re not bothered about it?

The whole point of Ramsdale was he would be our main keeper. Spending £12M on an almost 29 year old Johnstone makes no sense, you don't spend £12M on a keeper that will only ever be a backup.

You go for a stop gap, a loan or someone like Neto on a 2 year deal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The whole point of Ramsdale was he would be our main keeper. Spending £12M on an almost 29 year old Johnstone makes no sense, you don't spend £12M on a keeper that will only ever be a backup.

You go for a stop gap, a loan or someone like Neto on a 2 year deal.

Johnstone > Ramsdale imo.

Also I don’t get this argument that 29 is now retirement age. He’s probably not even peaked as a keeper ffs.

So now you’re not bothered about a HG keeper? Thought it was essential 24 hours ago :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Also I don’t get this argument that 29 is now retirement age. He’s probably not even peaked as a keeper ffs.

So now you’re not bothered about a HG keeper? Thought it was essential 24 hours ago :lol:

Yes right now Johnstone is better than Ramsdale. But you aren't getting the main point here of us wanting a keeper that'll eventually become number 1.

29 isn't old for a keeper. But again, you aren't seeing it? We want someone younger who can develop as a number one I'm not gonna say it again. Why buy someone the same age as Leno long term?

We don't need a homegrown keeper if they're going to be a stop gap.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

That's the thing. 29 is young for a keeper. Even if he was only ever a back up you could seal that spot in the squad for a decade with Johnstone.

£12M isn't that excessive considering you wouldn't think he'd be on big wages.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That's the thing. 29 is young for a keeper. Even if he was only ever a back up you could seal that spot in the squad for a decade with Johnstone.

£12M isn't that excessive considering you wouldn't think he'd be on big wages.
12m is ok but Im not sure Johnstone is better than Ramsdale tbh.
Think they are pretty similar. Obviously Ramsdale is 6 years younger and should develop into the better keeper.

Maybe they see Ramsdale as a future no 1.
Perhaps they see Johnstone as an always no 2.

I would take a loan but we have to be a little careful with the squad & non HG spots.

The fact that Neto is a Kia J client is a worry though considering what 'deals' he has served up so far 😱 .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
God.

That "Goalkeeper Skillz" video properly annoyed me, hate that they think they are actual footballers now :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Did the mods delete Football Manager's post or was it himself?

Love to see it. :lol: (Not what he said.)

I would give more likes to Pyres7, but sadly not possible.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Did the mods delete Football Manager's post or was it himself?

Love to see it. :lol: (Not what he said.)

I would give more likes to Pyres7, but sadly not possible.

He did it, because we can still see it.

I keep saying this, but people who take this place seriously are not right in the head.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom