• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Now its liverpool....

patrick42uk

Established Member
united and chelsea now have far greater spending capacity than we do. now liverpool have been bought into by the thai prime minister. i'v heard gerard houllier could have up to 65 million to spend next season (all paid for by the thai taxpayer!). what does this mean for us? i know gerrard houllier is the biggest waster of transfer fees, but 65 million is more than he's had in a season. i'm worried about this and the sooner ashburton comes the better.

A

Anonymous

I'm not worried about this at all.

And I doubt Houllier will have the full £65m to spend. Part of that is going to their new stadium.

esjvpc

Agree, houllier will probably end up bringing in diouf, diao, cheyrou alike to further waste their $$ and hurt their fans. Even he can gather a quality squad (i think he already has one), he by no means can make them play good football instead of hitting aimless long balls and constant running up and down without controlling the game pace. :twisted: :twisted:

Regarding new stadium for the pool, just want to ask if Highbury's capacity (35000) is the least among the top clubs in England ??

A

Anonymous

ASHBURRN said:

And I doubt Houllier will have the full £65m to spend. Part of that is going to their new stadium.

Which is costing a fraction of what ours is costing.

I guess we are just unlucky that property in London costs such a lot, compared to a huge piece of tarmac in some Liverpool ****hole.

I think we are safe, he will spend it on more Dioufs and Biscans.

Soler

Established Member
Ours has glass panalling, theirs has crappy bricks. It'd explain why ours costs so much. We're going for style, they're going for mingerness.

KingReyes

Established Member
He hasn't taken complete takeover though. He just has a share. That still means that Moores,Parry and Houllier will still be there to screw everything up!

Now excuse me while Mr.Wenger and I discuss our next bargain buy which will kick everyones ass off the pitch. ;D

KingReyes

Established Member
Sol said:
ASHBURRN said:

I guess we are just unlucky that property in London costs such a lot, compared to a huge piece of tarmac in some Liverpool ****hole.

Plus, doesn't ours inlcude the deveopment of Highbury..etc??

A

Anonymous

KingReyes said:
Sol said:
ASHBURRN said:

Plus, doesn't ours inlcude the deveopment of Highbury..etc??

No, we wont pay for the redevelopment of Highbury, but we need to build new waste disposal sites and general regeneration to appease some sefish pricks.

JazzG

Established Member
I heard at least £35mill of that is going to be used for their stadium which they are having problems funding. Also doubt that money is for one season, probably 2 or 3.

Going by Houllier's past record in the transfer market we shouldn't worry too much, he has this amazing ability to suck the confidence out of his players :?

Sol said:
ASHBURRN said:

The cost of our actual stadium isn't that much more than theirs, we have to make loads of other things as well hence the much higher costs.

VCC

Mad Jens said:
Ours has glass panalling, theirs has crappy bricks. It'd explain why ours costs so much. We're going for style, they're going for mingerness.

Of course. If they put too much glass on it their fans will think it's a car and try to steal it...they'd have difficulty shifting out of park though.

KingReyes

Established Member
VCC said:
Mad Jens said:

Of course. If they put too much glass on it their fans will think it's a car and try to steal it...they'd have difficulty shifting out of park though.

All they need now is to add hubcaps to the finishing touches and they're pretty much done.

Adam

Established Member
Djibril Cisse and Mexes will improve them, but as long as they keep that style and that Houllier - they cannot compete with this Arsenal side.

Taozhe

U'll never know Liverpool. They might get better this season? I am hoping for them to be kick Mancs out of the EPL :p

As for challenging us, hope our invincibility will still be in tact and Henry will christened them again ;)

KoLo28

esjvpc said:
Agree, houllier will probably end up bringing in diouf, diao, cheyrou alike to further waste their $$ and hurt their fans. Even he can gather a quality squad (i think he already has one), he by no means can make them play good football instead of hitting aimless long balls and constant running up and down without controlling the game pace. :twisted: :twisted:

Regarding new stadium for the pool, just want to ask if Highbury's capacity (35000) is the least among the top clubs in England ??

38,500 - Yes Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and even Everton get more than that.

Gunner4life09

I don't get why all these players want to go to Liverpool, they'll probably come 5th or 4th this season, get scured in the play-offs, go to like the 3rd round of Eufa cup and that would be their highlight of the season. even with the money that the thai Pm is giving 70% of that will be for their new **** hole stadium, and like houlier will waste it on another "next zidane" hahha what a joke. . .

jeromelee

JazzG said:
Going by Houllier's past record in the transfer market we shouldn't worry too much, he has this amazing ability to suck the confidence out of his players :?

Hhaahha that's really funny and true. I've never seen liverpool so resigned to the fact that they're only competing to fourth place in a long time. Those days the fans would just go crazy if the team were playing so badly. But now, they seem to accept that they not title contenders anymore. Weird.

quattro

patrick42uk said:
united and chelsea now have far greater spending capacity than we do.
obviously

now liverpool have been bought into by the thai prime minister.
but didn't liverpool have more money than us last year as well?

i'v heard gerard houllier could have up to 65 million to spend next season (all paid for by the thai taxpayer!). what does this mean for us?
nothing really. whether they spend or dont spend, there's nothing we can do about it (not like we can stop them from spending). besides, its not like we have too many absolutely imperative transfers pending for them (or any other club) to pip us to anyway.

i know gerrard houllier is the biggest waster of transfer fees, but 65 million is more than he's had in a season. i'm worried about this and the sooner ashburton comes the better.
why are you so worried? aren't you guys confident in the team and management we have? are they suddenly going to morph into ac milan that we have to be worried even if we have the most solid lineup and some of the most promising youngsters in the league?

arsenal has done so well in the midst of being the most financially lightweight among this lot and in the league we are unblemished. really, its they that should be worried about us and not the other way around.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom