• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Portuguese and Marseille full-back Nuno Tavares (23) has been kicked out of a training session by Croatian manager Igor Tudor, L’Équipe have revealed. The former Juventus centre-back gave a wide-ranging and insightful interview to the outlet on Wednesday. When speaking about the commitment he requires from his players during training, he had admitted that, as of last week, a then-unnamed Marseille player was shown the way to the dressing room because he “was not making necessary efforts.” The player in question was revealed to be Tavares, although L’Équipe also adds that France international wing-back Jonathan Clauss was also recently singled out by Tudor for his performances during training.

“In my football, there is a feature, you have to run“, Tudor assessed. “And if you don’t… If I see one player that doesn’t run in training, I’ll say it once, twice and then on the third time of asking, I’ll intervene.” Since his arrival on loan from Arsenal, the Portuguese defender has left a somewhat mixed impression. His impressive scoring record of six Ligue 1 goals for a wing-back is offset by his erratic decision-making and poor defensive tracking. “During the hour or so of training, I am demanding, the players have understood it”, Tudor added. “But if they want rest days, I can give them some too. And we can joke or laugh, but work is work.“

There’s nothing wrong with Tavares and Sambi(doesn’t like to run too much) Lokonga’s attitude according to @Rasmi.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We made big misses with Lokonga and Tavares thankful they still young and will be easily be sold

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We should avoid sending players to Marseille in the future. This is them obviously trying to reduce the fee for Nuno. Nuno still played 90min on Friday after he got kicked out of training.

This is all BS from Marseille.
Why would a club jeopardise a relationship with a player and publicly shame him if they wanted to buy him and he be part of their long term plan?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

F

Portuguese and Marseille full-back Nuno Tavares (23) has been kicked out of a training session by Croatian manager Igor Tudor, L’Équipe have revealed. The former Juventus centre-back gave a wide-ranging and insightful interview to the outlet on Wednesday. When speaking about the commitment he requires from his players during training, he had admitted that, as of last week, a then-unnamed Marseille player was shown the way to the dressing room because he “was not making necessary efforts.” The player in question was revealed to be Tavares, although L’Équipe also adds that France international wing-back Jonathan Clauss was also recently singled out by Tudor for his performances during training.

“In my football, there is a feature, you have to run“, Tudor assessed. “And if you don’t… If I see one player that doesn’t run in training, I’ll say it once, twice and then on the third time of asking, I’ll intervene.” Since his arrival on loan from Arsenal, the Portuguese defender has left a somewhat mixed impression. His impressive scoring record of six Ligue 1 goals for a wing-back is offset by his erratic decision-making and poor defensive tracking. “During the hour or so of training, I am demanding, the players have understood it”, Tudor added. “But if they want rest days, I can give them some too. And we can joke or laugh, but work is work.“
‘could play for Real, Barca or city’ to this. Life comes at you fast.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Hopefully these kind of signings for this club will be a thing of the past now.

Him & Sambi just didnt work out. They were cheap gambles. We are above that now hopefully.

We went & signed Vieira, who I'm not at all convinced by, & then Kiwi, both of whom were very under the radar quickfire signings who we had been scouting apparently. Lets hope they do better than Nuno & Sambi.

We should make a small profit, so no big deal, but hopefully the club has learnt a lesson there.

Rattata

Exactly.

Very bad take.
It's not a bad take at all. The information Marseille is leaking to the media does not align with what is happening on the pitch. This is the third story in the past weeks about Tavares while the manager still plays him 90 minutes every game. Surely he can't be that bad in training and on the pitch if he still plays all the time. Also Marseille can easily tell Tavares that this is the media's doing and they are fully behind him while the club is actually feeding the media with this story.

I believe Marseille is doing this because they don't want another Saliba situation.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Tudor is a massive prick btw, almost got sacked like three weeks into the job for getting into fights with the dressing room.

Tavares probably isn't the easiest to deal with either tbf but he's an inexperienced kid with massive upside, would be a shame to discard him off the back of this after the first six months he's had

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's not a bad take at all. The information Marseille is leaking to the media does not align with what is happening on the pitch. This is the third story in the past weeks about Tavares while the manager still plays him 90 minutes every game. Surely he can't be that bad in training and on the pitch if he still plays all the time. Also Marseille can easily tell Tavares that this is the media's doing and they are fully behind him while the club is actually feeding the media with this story.

I believe Marseille is doing this because they don't want another Saliba situation.
And who tells the fans it's all BS?

Ciscoo

The manager made comments which could damage Nuno’s reputation and career prospects. If he didn’t get kicked out of training, any half decent agent should be demanding that the club set the record straight.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tudor is a massive prick btw, almost got sacked like three weeks into the job for getting into fights with the dressing room.

Tavares probably isn't the easiest to deal with either tbf but he's an inexperienced kid with massive upside, would be a shame to discard him off the back of this after the first six months he's had
Yeah he has sh1tty reputation in France. And he tend to fall out with players a lot

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The kid has played enough and Arteta coached him so should know his character. He has ability for the price i am a fan because i like molding superstars not buying them. The Wenger way

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom