• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

O'Leary & Arsenal

You'd think he loved Arsenal after spending so many years here, but he always seems to have a go at us, every time we play a team he manages. He's complaining that TH14 took a free kick b4 their wall was ready, but I seem to remember Harte Leeds doing the same to us a couple of times previously. Maybe he's bitter that we're more successful now than at any time when he was here. It's bad enough everyone againts us, but not ex players as well, please.

satan_beckham

yeah its strange,hes a legend in the club playing the most appearance for us in arsenal history,even more than adams, but he just dont have tge love of the club like adams

Andrew

He seems to try everything to be hated by us. The quick free kick just came back to bite him in arse. He did it against so what's the deal there? And anyway, when Villa had the free kicks they could have taken it quickly if they wanted but chose not too. The penalty was a bit borderline in my opinion but he shouldn't whinge about the free kick.

vin de guerre

Give David a break. He is the manager of Aston Villa not AFC supporters club. First and foremost he has to advance his employer's interests and coming out all lovie dovie about the Gunners will not sound too good. He did us proud as a player and thru what he learnt at Highbury he is doing us proud as a manager. May Adams go in the same path! At present he is managing in the garbage time and can be romantic about the Gunners. In a few years if he does not arrive at Highbury in some role, we will here him sound just like O'Leary.
In the meantime I wish them both all success as long it is not in our detriment.

quattro

vin de guerre said:
Give David a break. He is the manager of Aston Villa not AFC supporters club. First and foremost he has to advance his employer's interests and coming out all lovie dovie about the Gunners will not sound too good. He did us proud as a player and thru what he learnt at Highbury he is doing us proud as a manager. May Adams go in the same path! At present he is managing in the garbage time and can be romantic about the Gunners. In a few years if he does not arrive at Highbury in some role, we will here him sound just like O'Leary.
In the meantime I wish them both all success as long it is not in our detriment.
i agree. but i have to admit, the vision of him fuming at henry pulling a trick he once pulled against us and scoring is rather funny.
;D

Archie The Leper

I think the expression is "For 'tis the sport to have the enginer / Hoist with his own petard" -- Shakespeare, Hamlet III iv.

I'll get my coat

Kyla

Give David a break. Ha! That bastard has never had a kind word to say about Arsenal after a competitive match with any of the teams he has managed. I'll never forget the way he antagonised and crudely insulted Pires a while back....I can categorically say I hate the man. How he tries to find any affilation with AFC is beyond me. His behaviour as Leeds manager certainly doesn't merit association.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
quattro said:
vin de guerre said:
i agree. but i have to admit, the vision of him fuming at henry pulling a trick he once pulled against us and scoring is rather funny.
;D

I agree too.
I have spoken to David some time ago,and found him very nice.
He can not say in public Arsenal did what Leeds did when I was manager and good luck to them.
Aston Villa pays his wages he is a manager so he has to say why his team did not win

Adam

Established Member
It's okay now guys. I've programmed the forum to change your text language into proper English now.

You should still type properly even though this will help you. Text language is a bad habbit.

Allyboy

Established Member
I don't think he has forgiven us for letting him go in 1993, he wanted one more season but we would not give him a contract ( he had just turned 39!!).

Leeds snapped him up for a year and the rest as they say is history...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
vin de guerre said:

All of which is fair, but the free kick was not "dubious". O'Leary got beat by a better side, in his heart he knows it.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Anyone see his response when asked about the quick free kick Leeds took at Highbury?

"That happened a long time ago on a very emotional night and I don't remember the ins and outs of it"

What a bullshit artist!

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom