• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

O'Leary & Arsenal

JazzG

Established Member
O'Leary does still like this club, remember he is Aston Villa manager and felt his team got shafted, he is under a lot of pressure. We would of moaned if the same happened to us.

Last season Richard Keys + that prick Quinn were blatently taking the others teams side on skysports and O'Leary was having none of it. He argued his case and said we had screwed. This was after the corner incident at Anfield. I remember him doing our matches twice and both times he stood up for us when the others weren't. Lets not forget about that

Kyla

Ahh maybe you're right Jazz. But his provocation of Pires a few seasons ago was still uncalled for. Didn't he make an obscene gesture to Bobby in French during the Leeds game- and let's face it, it takes a lot to rifle Bobby!

IW8

Alexone234 said:
I think that he wishes to be our manager after Wenger

That's what I believe as well, and as others have said he's hardly going to turn around and say "I'm really glad that TH14 took a quick free kick so the club that made me what I am today are now top of the league"!

However, being nasty and snidey to individual players will do very little to help his cause.

A well known Arsenal fan in the media once told me that O'Leary was still so passionate about Arsenal he found it impossible to be rational, and ends up sounding ridiculous, like you (or I anyway) always end up sounding like a prat in front of a girl you really fancy. He's also a very passionate guy trying to do his job. He did look a prat on Sunday though. Penalty looked blantant to me from behind the goal too - Kanu had arms all over him, and they weren't his own.

Sol man

Not sure if anyone remembers this but he had a little fued with Pires. I remember O leary was blowing kisses at bobby for some reason.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom