• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We also missed his mistakes. It would have been more embarrassing if he had played instead of Tomiyasu.

Never said he should’ve played instead of Tomi. Fact is Saliba and Gabriel spent a god portion playing the ball between them. Zinchenko alleviates that to a degree.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Never said he should’ve played instead of Tomi. Fact is Saliba and Gabriel spent a god portion playing the ball between them. Zinchenko alleviates that to a degree.
The best period of football this team has played in the last 2 seasons in terms of results and control of the game came with Zinchenko injured. He's totally redundant when Jorginho or Partey are playing and even when they aren't, he makes so many errors that put the team under pressure, they outweigh whatever value he might have in our build up play. Saliba and Gabriel playing the ball between each other at 0-0 is not a problem. Zinchenko ruining offside traps and giving the ball away is a problem at any scoreline.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The best period of football this team has played in the last 2 seasons in terms of results and control of the game came with Zinchenko injured. He's totally redundant when Jorginho or Partey are playing and even when they aren't, he makes so many errors that put the team under pressure, they outweigh whatever value he might have in our build up play. Saliba and Gabriel playing the ball between each other at 0-0 is not a problem. Zinchenko ruining offside traps and giving the ball away is a problem at any scoreline.

Dominating possession and creating nothing IS a problem. It’s one of the reasons Kwior was hooked in the first leg and disrupted their plan.

Batman

Dominating possession and creating nothing IS a problem. It’s one of the reasons Kwior was hooked in the first leg and disrupted their plan.
And I just pointed out to you that the most successful period this team has had in the last 2 years of dominating possession and turning that possession into goals came with Zinchenko injured and out of the squad. A much bigger problem than dominating possession and not creating anything is losing the ball carelessly and conceding goal scoring opportunities to the opponent, something far more likely to happen when Zinchenko plays. As to your ludicrous bolded point, the sole reason Kiwior was pulled was because Sane was destroying him and we were trailing. We were having zero issues with creating chances from our possession until Gabriel and Kiwior unsettled the whole team with their stupidity. We were dominating Bayern and having the better chances at 1-0 up. Kiwior was taken off for being directly responsible for both goals and showing no signs of improving defensively, not because we weren't creating enough.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think hes the answer for big CL games, but the way the team is setup if Jorginho isn't on the pitch it's almost essentially than Zinchenko is. Who knows how Timber can affect things

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And I just pointed out to you that the most successful period this team has had in the last 2 years of dominating possession and turning that possession into goals came with Zinchenko injured and out of the squad. A much bigger problem than dominating possession and not creating anything is losing the ball carelessly and conceding goal scoring opportunities to the opponent, something far more likely to happen when Zinchenko plays. As to your ludicrous bolded point, the sole reason Kiwior was pulled was because Sane was destroying him and we were trailing. We were having zero issues with creating chances from our possession until Gabriel and Kiwior unsettled the whole team with their stupidity. We were dominating Bayern and having the better chances at 1-0 up. Kiwior was taken off for being directly responsible for both goals and showing no signs of improving defensively, not because we weren't creating enough.

I’m surprised it needs saying but Bayern aren’t your average team. They literally watched Ode like a hawk and cut off Jorginho’s as option.

Kiwior was definitely taken off for more than the goals, but seems a dead end explaining that.

Batman

I’m surprised it needs saying but Bayern aren’t your average team. They literally watched Ode like a hawk and cut off Jorginho’s as option.

Kiwior was definitely taken off for more than the goals, but seems a dead end explaining that.
You aren't explaining anything. You're making a nonsensical speculation that doesn't jive with reality in order to try to defend a garbage player who routinely costs this team at this stage of the season. You are correct however, that I definitely don't want to hear the excuses that you're characterizing as an explanation. Jorginho looked awful against Villa too and Ødegaard looks injured. This bang average Bayern team will get battered across 2 legs against Madrid and all of the overrating them to excuse this failure on our part will ring even more hollow.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You aren't explaining anything. You're making a nonsensical speculation that doesn't jive with reality in order to try to defend a garbage player who routinely costs this team at this stage of the season. You are correct however, that I definitely don't want to hear the excuses that you're characterizing as an explanation.

Because it's a dead end here :lol:

Thrice

People won’t like it but we missed his passing yesterday. Not sure how he could’ve fitted into the team but should’ve tried.
Tomiyasu did a fine job defensively and as a defender he's easily better than Zinchenko, but with Zinny on the field we're so much more unpredictable in attack. He's the best passer in the squad behind Ødegaard and Jorginho. How often have we seen him unlock defenses with one pass.

I don't envy Arteta here. Do you pick the defender, so we don't have to worry about a hole in our defense like against Villa? Or do you pick the more creative LB, so we might be able to score a goal against Bayern?

In an ideal world we find a player that combines Tomiyasu's defending with Zinchenko's technical abilities and passing. But I doubt that player will even be available in the summer.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He really should just play in midfield. He clearly has a good passing range. Wasted as a LB and I've grown to dislike him as a player there. Not his fault I suppose.
I think he's fine as an inverted LB as it then allows us to release another attacking player. When he inverts we transition into a 3-2-4-1/3-2-5 shape. He keeps possession very well. His 89.3% pass success rate is excellent considering the number of high risk passes he makes. Man City do the same when they play Rico Lewis.

1713516823666.png

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyone see after Gabriel won a goal kick and went mad, Zinny tried to do the same to Rice and got aired.

Piss off copying people you little nerd, no one cares.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom