• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

He's been over hitting some many passes and sending long balls for offside players.

on poor form and Villa was not the game to try and fix that.

How broken was Kiwior that he didn't get this start? The rest I can see the rationale, as Tomi probably can't handle a full 90.

Not the first time Arteta has done this (try to force form) as well.

Such a massive missed opportunity.

El Duderino

He does, but the first goal doesn't happen as Zinny would be able to adjust his body for the pass from Gabriel and we were controlling the game by that point. It's not even about Zinny, I think every pro player including goalkeepers should be able to receive that pass from Gabriel

I actually agree with this. Zinchenko would've caused other problems defensively and in build up, but receiving that pass would not be one of them.

He really needs to just play midfield or bust now. @db10_therza pointed out correctly that his positioning is just too erratic and undisciplined to play the lb role.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I actually agree with this. Zinchenko would've caused other problems defensively and in build up, but receiving that pass would not be one of them.

He really needs to just play midfield or bust now. @db10_therza pointed out correctly that his positioning is just too erratic and undisciplined to play the lb role.

I’m well up for seeing him at lcm playing a deeper role than Ødegaard does on the right.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's been over hitting some many passes and sending long balls for offside players.

on poor form and Villa was not the game to try and fix that.

How broken was Kiwior that he didn't get this start? The rest I can see the rationale, as Tomi probably can't handle a full 90.

Not the first time Arteta has done this (try to force form) as well.

Such a massive missed opportunity.
Exactly. He shoehorned this clown back in at the first opportunity. I agree, Tomi probably isn't fit enough to play a full match yet, particularly if you assume he's going to play some part on Wednesday but there is absolutely no justifiable reason for playing the exact same XI that lost to this Villa team in the away fixture and playing right into their hands a second time when the recipe for success against anyone has been clear for 4 full months. That's why I'm so disgusted. It's one thing to be beaten, I could tolerate just being the worse team on the day. It's another to revert to something that doesn't work for absolutely no good reason and lose that way.

This is far worse than bottling the league last year because there is no injury crisis to hide behind. The most important players are fit enough to play and he shot the team in the foot for no reason at all. It also sends a terrible message to the rest of the squad that you can be a clown all season like Zinchenko and be picked but you can have one bad half against an elite player like Kiwi following 2 pretty solid months and be cast aside.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He does, but the first goal doesn't happen as Zinny would be able to adjust his body for the pass from Gabriel and we were controlling the game by that point. It's not even about Zinny, I think every pro player including goalkeepers should be able to receive that pass from Gabriel
Gabriel messed up in the first place, blaming Kiwior when Gabriel should have just put out is bs imo.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Gabriel messed up in the first place, blaming Kiwior when Gabriel should have just put out is bs imo.
That's not how we play football at all, we build from the back instead of hoofing it like Holding and David Luiz did and we have CBs that can play it that way. We always try to win the ball and keep it, Saliba is amazing in that and Gabriel is not far from that

El Duderino

Exactly. He shoehorned this clown back in at the first opportunity. I agree, Tomi probably isn't fit enough to play a full match yet, particularly if you assume he's going to play some part on Wednesday but there is absolutely no justifiable reason for playing the exact same XI that lost to this Villa team in the away fixture and playing right into their hands a second time when the recipe for success against anyone has been clear for 4 full months. That's why I'm so disgusted. It's one thing to be beaten, I could tolerate just being the worse team on the day. It's another to revert to something that doesn't work for absolutely no good reason and lose that way.

This is far worse than bottling the league last year because there is no injury crisis to hide behind. The most important players are fit enough to play and he shot the team in the foot for no reason at all. It also sends a terrible message to the rest of the squad that you can be a clown all season like Zinchenko and be picked but you can have one bad half against an elite player like Kiwi following 2 pretty solid months and be cast aside.

Thanks for reminding me Unai did a double on him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's fairly straightforward really. If Jorginho or Partey (lol) are not available he's probably our one able progressor from deep. Partey and Jorginho are not physically reliable, especially Partey. As excellent as Rice is, he's not a great progressor consistently. We also lack ball carriers who can create progression/upset opposition structures via running power/speed/trickery.

The more I look at the team the more one-dimensional it feels, if you can shut down our passing lanes in a mid-block we really lack ideas, add to that fatigue and you get a game like yesterday. Zinchenko is still important to us because of alack of technical progression in the team. I think we need to fix this asap.......I'd say it's evenmore important than ST personally.
I have a feeling that this is where Timber would have been a key figure, especially given Zinchenko's own questionable fitness since joining Arsenal. That ACL rupture was a real heavy stroke of bad luck.

But you're 100% on the money though. I've been saying since before last season that we're a few destructive ball carriers away from a real attacking threat and we've done exceptionally well with the attacking football we've been able to play but this is definitely not the best we could do. In terms of progression I also agree but I think Zinchenko's importance underlines a need to recruit a little smarter in that area, and in the case of Timber we kinda did do that. We just need to do it again potentially.

mpower2540

I have a feeling that this is where Timber would have been a key figure, especially given Zinchenko's own questionable fitness since joining Arsenal. That ACL rupture was a real heavy stroke of bad luck.

But you're 100% on the money though. I've been saying since before last season that we're a few destructive ball carriers away from a real attacking threat and we've done exceptionally well with the attacking football we've been able to play but this is definitely not the best we could do. In terms of progression I also agree but I think Zinchenko's importance underlines a need to recruit a little smarter in that area, and in the case of Timber we kinda did do that. We just need to do it again potentially.
Tbh you were the one who opened my eyes to it. I hate football man, think you've cracked it then it comes back to rub the deficiencies in your face

HighburyHigh

One stage the idiot was up next to Saka on the right wing near the penalty box getting in his way.
I've never hated an Arsenal player before, but I hate this dimwit. I'm fed up hearing him virtue signalling about his country. If your that bothered **** off back there pal because your no good currently as a footballer.

Sh*tchenko.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I raise you by this:

View attachment 23502

This is what him and Ben White were arguing over during the Forest game when they got their late consolation. His positioning is very suss.

I don’t get the need to follow the attacker when he could easily just hold the line with our other three defenders.
Now my question is why Mr. Non-negotiables is rewarding this kind of boneheaded behavior with starts at the most crucial point of the season. Kiwior and Tommy know how to hold a line. Why is one of the senior players who is supposed to be teaching the younger ones a winning mentality not capable of things that 8 year olds can master?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

That's not how we play football at all, we build from the back instead of hoofing it like Holding and David Luiz did and we have CBs that can play it that way. We always try to win the ball and keep it, Saliba is amazing in that and Gabriel is not far from that
We were under pressure as the keeper was miles out of his box, why put your team further under pressure?

CannonBals

That was a freak moment with Raya completely out of position and Gabriel completely out of option. For that situation even if you ask Arteta or even Pep they would say the biggest priority is reorganize. If you are not as composed as Saliba the best option is to clear it and regroup.
That goal was because of many errors happening in succession
1. Raya screwup
2. Gabriels bad pass
3. Rice just vacates space for Gnabry by loosing the player he was marking.

Kiwior was not even at fault or atleast not even close to the above 3.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
1. Raya screwup
2. Gabriels bad pass
3. Rice just vacates space for Gnabry by loosing the player he was marking.

Kiwior was not even at fault or atleast not even close to the above 3.
You see, that's where we'll disagree and I'm fine with it. In fact, I'm not saying he did something wrong, I'm saying he was incapable of doing something good/normal that I would expect from any player at this level

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I'm not trying to be contrarian for likes or impressions, but does anyone think the conflict in The Ukraine has damaged his mental health/concentration?

It crossed my mind when I saw him kick out the ball for the downed villa player, much to the annoyance of some of his teammates. I'd say how could it not?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I find it strange that Teta hasn't tried him at the 8 position. Given the fact he is a midfielder being augmented as a LB, it seems to me that it would make sense to at least try him.

He doesn't offer enough defensively & puts the side in danger. His contribution to the attack isnt sufficient to offset his defensive frailties imo.

Wouldn't mind him at 8, but if Teta isn't gonna play him there, what use is he, really ?

*I like him & his passion, it's great, but passion doesn't keep you clean sheets lol

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom