• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This Aulas needs to shut the **** up - every day another statement from him, usually contradicting yesterday's

The very antithesis of Wenger, who must hate having to deal with him
At least he keeping Laca stuff quite for now

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Tonight Aulas said he's a big fan of Giroud, if he decides to join (Lyon) he will welcome it with pleasure.

Seems to me like they've made a bid?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
More from Lequipe on Giroud -

They say we want 30m euros, West Ham are willing to offer 23m euro. Arsène Wenger has granted Giroud little playing time next season hence the push for a move.

He is a good plan B but he's also getting on a bit now and its a world cup year. Makes sense for all parties.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We would miss him as a plan B, but surely it would make us work on something around that if he left? Welbz isn't that type imo. However, if he left, it would most certainly mean that we're signing at least 2 new attackers, which my blue balls of 5 years with Giroud greatly are in need of.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

More from Lequipe on Giroud -

They say we want 30m euros, West Ham are willing to offer 23m euro. Arséne Wenger has granted Giroud little playing time next season hence the push for a move.

He is a good plan B but he's also getting on a bit now and its a world cup year. Makes sense for all parties.

23m euros? What the ****?

Pickford is going for £30M, Ake for £20M, £35M for Bolasie. Yet they value Giroud for 23M euros? What are they smoking over there? I don't understand the value for players in this current market.

Giroud will score goals at whoever he goes to. He's an upgrade on Andy Carroll and West Ham play to his strengths more.

say yes

forum master baiter
Plan Bs are overrated. Much more important to have a decent Plan A.

I don't see Barca/Real/Chelsea/City/PSG/Juventus wheeling out a lamppost everytime they're behind.

Welbz may not have Giroud's impact from the bench but he's not bad in the air and a much less disruptive squad option for when injuries strike. You can still play your A game with Welbz leading the line.

His tactical versatility also means its much easier to keep Welbeck happy. He can get minutes in a number of positions, while Giroud will only ever get minutes if he's ruining the team in that CF position.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
23m euros? What the ****?

Pickford is going for £30M, Ake for £20M, £35M for Bolasie. Yet they value Giroud for 23M euros? What are they smoking over there? I don't understand the value for players in this current market.

Giroud will score goals at whoever he goes to. He's an upgrade on Andy Carroll and West Ham play to his strengths more.

Not according to @Dokaka, he isn't. Carroll makes more forward passes than Giroud. Dealbreaker.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Giroud joins West Ham, that's half his goals gone.

We'll have to replace him with another striker in addition to Mbappe/Lacazette .

We don't have enough goals from the likes Welbeck, Özil, Walcott, Ox, Perez etc to get rid of Giroud without a replacement.

say yes

forum master baiter
We'll have to replace him with another striker in addition to Mbappe/Lacazette .

We don't have enough goals from the likes Welbeck, Özil, Walcott, Ox, Perez etc to get rid of Giroud without a replacement.

Our team scores more when Giroud doesn't play though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would miss Giroud and everyone says he's a great plan B but he's too good for a plan B, we've been using him as a plan A for years. For his own career he has to leave us and I hope he does, for him and for us. 30m EUR would be a very good price if we could get it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Our team scores more when Giroud doesn't play though.

Hmmm and where are all of those goals going to?

Giroud was our second highest scorer in the PL after Alexis Sanchez.

Welbeck only had 2 PL goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom