• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Alexis exits this window maybe Giroud will back himself to win a place in the first eleven.

Doubt the new formation will have much success without Alexis.

Giroud & Lacazette with Özil behind could easily be a viable option with our lack of quality in the wide positions.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He might be a good plan B but when your plan A's good enough like at city, Chelsea etc then why do we need a plan B?! Plan B shouldn't be slogging it into the box anyway.
Our plan A isn't as good as City and Chelsea though, City have a back up in Aguero/Jesus who ****s on Laca too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This isn't about us getting rid anyway. This is all on Giroud, like I have been saying for months he won't want to stay if we sign a new striker given it's a WC year.

He kills himself for a starting spot in Russia if he accepts a bench role behind Laca here.

If Laca comes here and scores, Giroud joins Lyon and scores, no doubt Giroud is ahead of him for Russia.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Giroud should leave to maintain his Russia WC hopes, but no doubt he's still as good as if not better than everyone at Arsenal bar Sanchez.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Julien Laurens saying Laca isn't the right signing if you're hoping to win the league or raise your level, good player but not that good.

Reactions: BBF

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like Laca though, think he'll bury quite a few chances away that we've normally let pass over the years.

Sanchez has to stay though, otherwise it's Newcastle level business.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Alexis exits this window maybe Giroud will back himself to win a place in the first eleven.

Doubt the new formation will have much success without Alexis.

Giroud & Lacazette with Özil behind could easily be a viable option with our lack of quality in the wide positions.
Been touted for a while that Giroud's performances will improve with a partner to do the running he can't.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Might be the best time to sell him, while his stock is still somewhat high,
hes 30 and never had any pace to begin with , will probably get even less playing time next season.
Hes been decent for us, but decent doesnt win titles.

TheLawOfDiQ

This would be a good opportunity to see if Wenger has changed. The old kind-hearted push over would let him go because its 1 year from the WC. Be nice to see him be ruthless for a change.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would rather not sign Lacazette if it meant selling Giroud. I don't think Lacazette is that good that he'd turn us into title challengers, it's not goals that we struggle with either. If signing Laca meant we had to sell Giroud because of his World Cup hopes then I'd rather not, we'd lose an excellent plan B and a guy who can help us defend set-pieces like an absolute boss.

Reactions: BBF

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Irony is that Giroud would flourish if we brought in Lemar. Crosses from him, Sead and Ox would be tailormade for his game.

This too, why sign a guy like Sead who's good at crossing if you're gonna sell Giroud and sign a guy under 6 foot to be a starter?

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
We finished 5th last season, Giroud is part of the problem, I cant believe people would rather keep him than sign Lacazette, just because you like the guy it doesnt mean hes the answer.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
This too, why sign a guy like Sead who's good at crossing if you're gonna sell Giroud and sign a guy under 6 foot to be a starter?
We signed Kolasinac because hes an excellent defender that will add a lot of strength and tough mentality to the team, anyway success for crosses is usually dependent on the quality of the cross and the number of players attacking it in the box, many times we have whipped perfect crosses across the 6 yard box and no one is in the box to attack them, including giroud whod come deep to play those fancy one touch lay offs, Lacazette actually makes those near and far post runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom