• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: The great schism of our time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
57610b68eab3c79b234066565fa4a56c.jpg

This guy, criminally underrated. He's not world class, I know, but he is top class at what he does and he's very key to us. Another goal and assist for him today, has comfortably outperformed the likes of Van Judas, Falcao, Drogba, Bony, Dzeko etc, even though he broke his leg at the start of the season.

Time to give this man the credit he deserves, he's a top level PL striker at the bare minimum.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Already said he's our most important attacking player in the Villa thread and getting better .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
:lol:

Calm down lad, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

He fits well into our system, which accentuates his ability. Yes you could probably say that about many of our players as well.

He does the job, but he wont win us a game. Thats it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's scored against City twice, United, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle twice and people say that he only scores against the small teams :lol:

The guy has been absolutely superb and he's proven to be an integral part of our team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All about levels, Giroud is spectacular in peak form, but leaves alot to be desired when his form goes down a little.

Good striker though, and very much valued in our system. I have always taken a positive stance with Giroud.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
LOL Typical pessimistic, wannabe realistic, wanna be cynic post from SA there. How is this in any way 'getting ahead of ourselves?' Giroud has been remarkably consistent since signing. Like I said in the OP he's not world class, nevertheless he's instrumental for us.

We harp on all day long about Santi, Walcott, Sanchez etc (and rightly so) but Giroud always plays a key part in our victories/attacking moves and it's about time he gets the credit his play deserves.

Brilliant player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well, this isn't hyperbolic :lol:

He 'appears' to have gone up a level, which kind of coincides with his trajectory as a late-bloomer. He's definitely started to come into his own in the team, but I feel his limits as a player will always count against him, sadly.

He's playing very well, and I think the competition implied by the signing of Welbeck and Giroud's time out has actually given Giroud more impetus. He's playing with more focus, strength and a more clinical edge. We just need him to maintain that level and then maybe we can talk about him being a top PL striker. At this point, it's still up in the air. But he's definitely outperforming Welbeck so far this season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been a lot better this season, his hold up play, finishing, passing, much improved. I'd still be looking at improving on him in the summer but fair play to him he's stepped up.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If he played for any other team people would be creaming themselves over him let's be honest.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Also, it must be said that I didn't see Giroud performing to the level he has in some pretty big games so far this season. Played excellently against City, which I think was a marker of the level he needs to be performing at consistently. More finishes like today and he might just solidify that spot.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he is very useful striker to be honest and always improving shame his injury kept him out 3 months earlier this season, with today goal he have 7 goals from 13 games this season is not bad for him i'm sure if he didn't miss the 3 months he could have scored 15 goals in the league.

is he world class Suarez Aguero Alexis Diego Costa level? of course not but he is very useful striker to have he can score and make assists.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He looks another level to Welbeck btw. I always banged on about Welbeck and all his abilitites, talents etc compared to Giroud, but it seems, for once, I was wrong about something.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's been on point this season, I guess we struggled for long parts last year due to injuries leaving us with no pace and goal threats to open things up for him.

Now with other teams they have to worry about Theo, Alexis and Ramsey as well as him so he's finally making hay. He's won me round.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Great on form, poor when not. This has been the same since he joined Arsenal, and opinion constantly sways on him because of it. He can be utterly frustrating for 5-10 games and everyone is calling for him to be replaced, then performs really well for the same amount of games and people cream themselves.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
He looks another level to Welbeck btw. I always banged on about Welbeck and all his abilitites, talents etc compared to Giroud, but it seems, for once, I was wrong about something.
Never change lad. :lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've been one of Giroud's biggest detractors here, but thus far I think he is definitely having his best season for us.

He is much more clinical in front of goal, he looks better in the air, and his hold up play has improved.

He isn't world class, but he has definitely improved this season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Well I have to say I'm delighted at the way he has upped his game, it is probably for a number of reasons, mainly the fact he isn't the complete focal point of the attack anymore, merely part of it.

Sanchez, Walcott and Ox all helped to ensure he wasn't completely overwhelmed by defenders and had support, last it was Özil trying to find him but he was picked up by defenders constantly and Ramsey got a lot more of the ball put towards him instead;

his fitness and not having to run himself in to the ground also appears to have helped and Wenger alluded to this last year when he was running on fumes;

he's also a confidence player and probably feels the pressure of the team a lot, if the defence is tight he doesn't snatch at chances as much, added to that we've been making more opportunities agaisnt lesser teams so when he plays in the big games the confidence that he will get chances are there.

Give him chances he'll score but eh has been making more opportunities for himself and others since he came back. Makes more runs and is definitely dragging away defenders intentionally a lot more this year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tir Na Nog said:
If he played for any other team people would be creaming themselves over him let's be honest.

No they won't. We'll be mocking him on his slow, lumbering days, the non effective against top teams days etc.

Do we cream about Dzeko who has an incredible scoring record, or Bony? Seriously, we won't cream over Giroud if he started playing for Everton, Liverpool or Sp**s tommorow.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
LOL Typical pessimistic, wannabe realistic, wanna be cynic post from SA there. How is this in any way 'getting ahead of ourselves?' Giroud has been remarkably consistent since signing. Like I said in the OP he's not world class, nevertheless he's instrumental for us.

We harp on all day long about Santi, Walcott, Sanchez etc (and rightly so) but Giroud always plays a key part in our victories/attacking moves and it's about time he gets the credit his play deserves.

Brilliant player.

Make no mistake, he has improved tremendously since last season. Of course there were aggravating factors to him dropping so badly in form and we must consider that.

But to over hype Giroud, and one or two of our other players is expected after a massive result.

Let us revisit this topic when we are more sober minded and that isnt after our next defeat mind you.

Ill say again, decent player and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom