• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ondřej Mazuch

mindchnger

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=440722&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=&title=Brno:+No+Mazuch+bids

Although the report denies a bid for the youngster, I wouldn't be surprised if the club were actually interested in him as a "promising young talent." He's a central defender though, so he may spend a little while in the reserves. I've read some reports from the UEFA Under-17 and also UEFA Under-19 tournaments which he played in and there's been positive reaction about him.

Although Wenger claims not to be involved in buying players in the winter transfer period, I think that involves "big name" players... I think that he'll get a couple of academy/youth players.

nazo

Established Member
How the heck do they find these guys? Everyday we are linked with a completely unknown player and 2 years later the player is a freaking beast.

If he's good enough, Wenger will sign him.

Soler

Established Member
A Slovak I know says he's in the same mould as Djourou, which isn't a bad thing.

stiiphunn

Established Member
bluenaz said:
How the heck do they find these guys? Everyday we are linked with a completely unknown player and 2 years later the player is a freaking beast.

If he's good enough, Wenger will sign him.

I wonder how many scouts Wenger has.. Must be quite impressive.

Soler

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=443300&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=&title=Gunners+spy+on+Czech+starlet

Brno want a fee of around £1m for him.

Given the money we have received from the sale of Stokes and Lauren there's no reason why we shouldn't go for him. He's meant to be quite talented.

Paddy from Sweden

asajoseph said:
There's nothing on the Leverkusen official site about this...

Nothing on Kicker Online either and they would've written something about it even if it's a transfer that doesn't come in effect 'til later.

Paddy from Sweden

asajoseph said:
There's nothing on the Leverkusen official site about this...

Nothing on Kicker Online either and they would've reported this even if it's a transfer that doesn't come in effect 'til later.

Meatwad

even if it's not official yet the fact that the Brno club director mentioned a sell-on clause means that Arsenal may not be able to compete with that unless the kid refuse to go to them and wants Arsenal. 1.5m euros from Leverkusen and a sell-on clause is much better than say 2m euros from Arsenal and no sell-on clause.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom