• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Only One Game Plan

Rocafella

Established Member
I think the first priority is getting someone who can deliver from set-pieces. Van Persie has looked fairly good when he takes corners but we don't have anyone who can put in a good ball consistently.

Henry IV

It's always been a criticism of Wenger's Arsenal that we have only one gameplan and that it is easily stymied by a 4-5-1, even Ajax's kids held us twice in 2003. A striker who can score from set pieces but who is quick enough to fit in with Arsenal's pacy style would be a great asset. I don't think we've had a proper header of the ball, up front, since Alan Smith retired and that was a decade ago.

Lukazan

Established Member
You're absolutely correct mate, when things don't go our way we seem to be out of ideas.

If you check back on the Arsenal section of this forum there is a thread about what needs to be changed, perhaps you should post your ideas in there?

Mark

Established Member
That is Wenger's problem. He doesn't change his game plan to a style that will make it harder for our opposition, whereas our opposition have worked out a style to make it hard for us.

Gooner83

Would you change a game plan that worked for 55 games?

It has to be something else, the players mentality or our injury situation.

efurze

Gooner83 said:
Would you change a game plan that worked for 55 games?

Yes. Nothing works all the time, it's either naive or arrogant to assume otherwise.

You including the CL in those 55 games?

awooga83

Established Member
Mourinho did it against Newcastle this season Fergie has done it numerous times, but wenger has not, its a great formation but sometimes you have to try something different to break some teams down, i agree Wenger is reluctant to do this i remember he said once packing the midfield is poor for spectators and he thinks of himself as a spectator.

beyondforever

he always believe in playing total and attractive football and the formation he got is the one type of football that he wants and others to see. what is the point of playing sexy football whereas you lose games and can't win titles?? it seems like he's a person who would rather want people praising his team playng beautiful football than palying ordinary football and winning titles. if he wants to be a spectator i suggest him quitting his job and get a ticket to highbury

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
beyondforever said:
he always believe in playing total and attractive football and the formation he got is the one type of football that he wants and others to see. what is the point of playing sexy football whereas you lose games and can't win titles?? it seems like he's a person who would rather want people praising his team playng beautiful football than palying ordinary football and winning titles. if he wants to be a spectator i suggest him quitting his job and get a ticket to highbury

And let you take over, maybe?

Another ****tish statement, who do you think's won us 3 titles in the last 7 years, genius?

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom