• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ownership of football clubs

MAK

Just read this excellent article in the Guardian
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 36,00.html

Do we think that this oculd happen at Arsenal one day? We are lucky in that we have a board that runs the club with its and not their personal interests at heart. This may not alwys be the case. One day may be the sons of Dein & Fizman will have other ideas. Someone may take teh club to the stock market and we could be the next victims of a Glazer style take over.

If clubs get to negotiate their own broadcast deals it will change everything.

So should the supporters of AFC start the ball rolling and work with the shareholders to ensure that future of the club is safe and secure.

I have always thought that the mutual ownership structure of Real/Barca is the best model for football. It is broadly inclusive of all interest groups, allows for funding through large, benevolent members and allows the club to operate on a sound financial basis (excluding Real's govt. funding!).

How could we make this happen for 'our club'? This is not to say that Hill-Wood family for generations or their successors in the form of Messrs. Dein & Fizman are doing a poor job. Far from it.

seb_afc

Established Member
david dein as much as people may hate him does a great job for this club. especially as hes on the Board at the FA which helps us out. He always does whats best for the club financialy all though at times that does annoy me. i.e not offering players contracts...

dafish

who cares what he is.

whats important though is the clubs survival no.1

then its footballing success no.2

which is why no single player is bigger than the club, given that we have the right personnel in charge of the club matter financially and footbally (is that a word? :roll: ). every player is replaceable so long as we have the right person calling the shots, and with dein dealing with no.1 and wenger no.2, i think we do have it.

i'm not the least bit worried about selling cole, though i understand it will have some short term effects. but in the long term we know clichy can handle himself just as well as cole in the PL AND wenger can use that money to buy better players.

now imagine if it was ferguson as our manager? where's he gonna find 30m to dish out on a hooker-visiting teenager?

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom