• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pepe

Segway

According to Spanish newspaper AS we have reportedly made a bid of £25m for Real Madrid defender Pepe as he could be on the move since contract negotiations have broken down.

He's a great defender IMO but with psychopathic tendencies as we have seen:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7DOKyItIw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7DOKyItIw</a>

Obviously there are numerous things that don't speak in favor of this move happening but what do you guys think?

Proof

Established Member
I never liked Pepe as a defender. Spending £25m on him would be insane and I'm sure that Wenger won't buy him. I'd rather have Sakho and Vertonghen for that amount of money.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I don't think Wenger would be crazy enough to invest 25M on a lunatic, although he is a class defender.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Pepe was the target Wenger was referring as a short term loan signing during January transfer period.

GDeep™

League is very weak
albakos said:
But it wouldn't surprise me if Pepe was the target Wenger was referring as a short term loan signing during January transfer period.

Not in a million years, Pepe, along with Carvalho are the only 2 CBs at Real who Jose has any faith in, key member of the team. Garay could be available in the summer, someone who we were linked with strongly before Real snapped him up.

TheJoyofCesc

25m? Never going to happen.
Wenger would not even spend 25m on a proven 20+ goal a season striker let alone a player in any other position.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Same ole thing. You're not getting a contract so your agent starts rumours about a team that seems to need a player of your ilk.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
yousif_persie said:
pepe is good defender
but 25m its alot and wenger will not pay that

Yep and his wage might be another obstacle....

I can see Jose wouldn't sell one of his best player at any cost...

entropy13

Established Member
If "links" like this happen, it would be inevitable that someone would link us to Thiago Silva as well

Herbas

Segway said:
According to Spanish newspaper AS we have reportedly made a bid of £25m

Someone there (and AS editor as well) apparently have not heard about Wenger at all.

AFCG7

Established Member
Thiago Silva.. now he is certainly in that price bracket, would go for him if we had £25 m to blow on a CB

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
AFCG7 said:
Thiago Silva.. now he is certainly in that price bracket, would go for him if we had £25 m to blow on a CB

To be honest i'd just buy Sakho for around 15m on a lowish wage and leave it there.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Thiago Silva is very good when playing with an organizer at the back.. notice how night and day his performances are when playing WITH Nesta and playing WITHOUT Nesta.. without Nesta, he looks a pale shadow of the player he looks when Nesta is on the pitch..

that said, thought he did OK as a DM the last couple games when he was forced to play there..

Shue

Established Member
Can't see a need for another CB personally. Djourou has proven his quality, Vermaelen is on his way back (touch wood) and Koscielny is improving with every game and has a great partnership with JD. Beyond that we have Squillaci who has played fine with both JD and TV. We also have Bartley impressing at Sheffield United and now Walter Smith is bigging him up.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom