• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why should playmakers have to press anyway, why does everyone have to press these days. It's bullsh*t. Klopp's f*cked it for everyone. For most of football history going back to Pele, cos before that the ball was too heavy to do anything with it, you had the players and then the guys who stopped the players from playing.

If Big Jack Charlton was coaching Coutinho or Özil do you think he'd be asking them to press opposition defenders? Not a chance, he'd say save your energy, son, I'll get the crap ones to run after the ball and then they'll give it to you so you can do something with it.

Now you're supposed to be a perfect athlete who runs non-stop for 90 minutes and presses and tackles and also creates and scores. F*ck that. If you can ball, there should be a place in football for you. If you have a good first touch, if you can spot a pass, if you can tw*t it in from 30 yards, you're suited for football.

Klopp just wants a world of James Milner's and i'm f*cking sick of it. Justice for Phil Coutinho. Justice for James Rodriguez. Justice for Mesut Özil.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why should playmakers have to press anyway, why does everyone have to press these days. It's bullsh*t. Klopp's f*cked it for everyone. For most of football history going back to Pele, cos before that the ball was too heavy to do anything with it, you had the players and then the guys who stopped the players from playing.

If Big Jack Charlton was coaching Coutinho or Özil do you think he'd be asking them to press opposition defenders? Not a chance, he'd say save your energy, son, I'll get the crap ones to run after the ball and then they'll give it to you so you can do something with it.

Now you're supposed to be a perfect athlete who runs non-stop for 90 minutes and presses and tackles and also creates and scores. F*ck that. If you can ball, there should be a place in football for you. If you have a good first touch, if you can spot a pass, if you can tw*t it in from 30 yards, you're suited for football.

Klopp just wants a world of James Milner's and i'm f*cking sick of it. Justice for Phil Coutinho. Justice for James Rodriguez. Justice for Mesut Özil.

Wonderful post.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why this has been bumped but bring him in. We need a playmaker desperately

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

foK.gif

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Awkward.... pressure" he used get the team to hoof it long but then it was expected for the the team to press, it was physically wrecking without a possession based game though. Charlton would've asked wtf Özil is I'd say have a laugh about it with the journalists and then he'd never be seen again.

A lot of the current pressing was based upon Guadiola at Barca, now that was terrifying to watch, didn't allow a team to even play.

I agree with most things you have to say, but the with the current workrate of teams it takes a very special player to not have to work. Even Ronaldo was inclined to press players in the bigger games. If Messi and Ronaldo can do it then its not too much to ask anyone else.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Players would have been slaughtered back in the day for not giving there all, rightly so too.
Dont see why Milner gets so much hate. He’s a fantastic footballer with far more technique than he’s given credit for.

we’d be lucky to have a player like him here.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Coutinho is actually way better than Özil at pressing and can contribute defensively much better. He did fine for Klopp and Rodgers back in the day. He has a good understanding of the "stop start" as well as timing his tackles.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He’s got 80 goals and assists in 140 PL games, that’s better than 1 in 2. That’s excellent. Up until Emery no one in the PL was racking up assists as quick as him, that’s a fact.

What are his stats under Arteta?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
YES please. We have one match winner in Aubameyang. Would be great to have another. Especially on loan.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Jack Charlton had workmen has forwards. There is a whole song dedicated to it put em under pressure :lol:
he literally ran the irish team into the ground. great man and god bless his soul.

Its fancy now because it's getting results. Just like tika taka a few years back. Football is a circular game but everything youre seeing now was about as far back as the 60s. Celtic were renowned for doing it and everyone bought into it.

The Ozils of this world is more the outlier than a hard working forward player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52333261
a nice article here especially the last line.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You ruined it with the last two words. Justice for Arsenal, more like, by getting rid of the crocked, unmotivated, waste of space, time and money. He can’t use the luxury he was afforded.

Bloodbather

Established Member

A lot of the legends of the game, the Juninho's, the Rui Costa's, the Pavel Nedved's, even the Kaka's probably weren't that good actually. They weren't making 3.6 key passes a game and o.6 assists per 90 etc etc, they probably didn't press for sh*t, but they were good on the ball and they scored bangers and that's what people remember.

Nedved was a pretty good presser and a very tenacious player actually, definitely the odd name out in that group of players. I get your point though, just saying.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Don't trust anything that comes from Barcelona papers on Coutinho. Concerted effort to create interest.

Both these tweets come from the typical Barça papers (sport and Mundo Deportivo). Which are pretty **** anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom