• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanB

Man is class. Needs to play centrally 100% of the time. Made for a more deeper lying team that counter attacks. He'll be ****ing lethal for us.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
World class tap in merchant.
Don't like his attitude in aerial duels though, he should be doing much better with his height.

CanadianGooner1608

He is definitely world class.
His positionning, speed, efficiency in front of the goal. The way he's gelling with his teammates, constantly trying to get involved and drive us forward on the field, even contributing in defense if you believe it, and unselfishly looking for passes instead of shooting from every possible angle.

I couldn't be happier about him coming to Arsenal. And that just covers the technical aspects of him.

His swagger, the constant smile on his face, the attitude of him off field are other qualities I love about this guy. Least we can say is he isn't boring at all.

My only hope is his form doesn't dip next season and he may well be one of the top top scorers in the EPL.

nick gould

and not the slightest sign of the prima donna bad behaviour attributed to him in Germany
I used to think he was a selfish striker who only care for one person thing, his goals. Nope, he seems to be a team player. He has a good relationship with lacazette. You see them talking before kickoff. He is even willing to sacrifice his best position for lacazette. True gent. I have seen him chase back and win the ball for the team.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
and not the slightest sign of the prima donna bad behaviour attributed to him in Germany

That was all made up stuff. He is an extravagant, eccentric person, but on the joyous side of things. He loves fancy haircuts and cars, but luckily isn't one the absolute cringe spectrum like Lingard and the likes.

He was always a team player at Dortmund. Thing is he had held talks with the Dortmund hierarchy as early as two or three seasons ago about being allowed to leave. He then was happy to stay on for the Tuchel tenure, played well and enjoyed himself.
Then Tuchel was sacked and he again asked to leave on the grounds of those handshake agreements "you served us well, so if someone big is genuinely interested and willing to pay up, you can go". Apparently that was the case before Bosz took over, and they kept him. I mean, he signed a contract, so. It all went to **** with Dortmund and he felt he could finally push out, so he did. But he never was not a teamplayer. That's german media narrative. He stayed 4,5 years and did a tremendous job. Dortmund backed themselves against a wall, and if you publicly style yourself as honest and agree on certain things with players, then you have to deal with the consequences.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We need three good years from him. I had been hoping we'd sign him for 3/4 years.

Nest year he's going to get 30+ goals and be among the tope 3 scorers in the league (injuries willing). I hope he won't suffer by not playing centrally all the time. I have the feeling if he did he might get 40 goals but if playing on either side of Laca means they get 50+ goals between them I'll buy that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That was all made up stuff. He is an extravagant, eccentric person, but on the joyous side of things. He loves fancy haircuts and cars, but luckily isn't one the absolute cringe spectrum like Lingard and the likes.

He was always a team player at Dortmund. Thing is he had held talks with the Dortmund hierarchy as early as two or three seasons ago about being allowed to leave. He then was happy to stay on for the Tuchel tenure, played well and enjoyed himself.
Then Tuchel was sacked and he again asked to leave on the grounds of those handshake agreements "you served us well, so if someone big is genuinely interested and willing to pay up, you can go". Apparently that was the case before Bosz took over, and they kept him. I mean, he signed a contract, so. It all went to **** with Dortmund and he felt he could finally push out, so he did. But he never was not a teamplayer. That's german media narrative. He stayed 4,5 years and did a tremendous job. Dortmund backed themselves against a wall, and if you publicly style yourself as honest and agree on certain things with players, then you have to deal with the consequences.
Enjoying your posts. Thanks for this.

HBL

Established Member
So he turns 29 next month. Hopefully he's the type to keep at top level into his early thirties.
Think it will become more and more common for players to be able to perform at high level until the age of 32-33. Plenty of examples already:

• Ronaldo - 33
• Messi - 30
• Higuain -30
• Mertens - 31
• Callejon - 31
• Vardy - 31
• Benzema - 30
• Suarez - 31
• Cavani - 31
• Modric - 32
• Iniesta - 33
• Lewandowksi - 29
• Aspas - 30
• Vidal - 30
• Silva - 32

Of course the top two are freaks and some of the players are probably past their best but a lot of them are still performing at a very high level.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think it will become more and more common for players to be able to perform at high level until the age of 32-33. Plenty of examples already:

• Ronaldo - 33
• Messi - 30
• Higuain -30
• Mertens - 31
• Callejon - 31
• Vardy - 31
• Benzema - 30
• Suarez - 31
• Cavani - 31
• Modric - 32
• Iniesta - 33
• Lewandowksi - 29
• Aspas - 30
• Vidal - 30
• Silva - 32

Of course the top two are freaks and some of the players are probably past their best but a lot of them are still performing at a very high level.
Best example for me is Ribery but that might just be freaky genetics. Can’t believe how good he was in the two CL semi’s and he’s around 35 I think.

HBL

Established Member
Best example for me is Ribery but that might just be freaky genetics. Can’t believe how good he was in the two CL semi’s and he’s around 35 I think.
Ribery has been fantastic all season, not sure how I forgot about him and Robben.

Doesn't have to be really. The sport science and how professional are taken care of are advancing every day almost... We could very well see in next few years professional careers getting extended beyond what was expected couple of years ago.

Beast Incarnate

I can't wait to see what this guy can do with a full pre-season with the club in a settled team.

Despite the chaotic situation the club has been in since he joined, he's done very well. Isn't it like 8 goals and 4 assists in 12 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom