• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We are so so lucky to have him.

He is the striker we all thought Lacazette would be.
People here are so fckn miserable, they just can't be happy that we have 2 great strikers. If we lose Laca (and with the way we treat him here we will lose him), you will be the first coming here crying for another striker.
Today Auba scored goals, but Laca saved our asses many times before and even when he doesn't score he adds value to our attack.

People here are so fckn miserable, they just can't be happy that we have 2 great strikers. If we lose Laca (and with the way we treat him here we will lose him), you will be the first coming here crying for another striker.
Today Auba scored goals, but Laca saved our asses many times before and even when he doesn't score he adds value to our attack.
Well said. It's as if some people have just began watching football and don't understand that dry spells can happen to top players!
CR7, Messi, Hazard, Neymar are just the few of the top of my head that I can remember having dry spells and they are arguably the best at their positions!
It is absolutely normal for a player to have a dry spell. The manager needs to show Laca support during this tough period though and make sure he is happy.
I can guarantee that Laca would start in
at least three of the top 6 in England. Loosing him to a rival would be akin to the the Judas situation!

Tony's nose

Um, actually that is bollocks. He may be top scorer but we are not top of the league and while we are not his misses are costly. Particularly when they are clear cut chances and we're not getting all 3 points.

Andy Cole use to misd hatfulls of chances . Got away with it tho at united because others chipped in.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't see where this idea that Auba misses a lot of chances comes from. According to the BBC, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Auba - 34 shots, 19 on target, 12 goals, a goal every 116 minutes
Salah - 47, 30, 11, 135
Sterling - 23, 18, 9, 134
Kane - 40, 27, 9, 161
Hazard - 27, 20, 8, 164

Salah and Kane have had a lot more chances than Auba and have scored less, to my eyes he seems pretty clinical and the stats back it up.

One stat the BBC doesn't list is % of chances scored so I have worked that out.

Auba - 35%
Salah - 23&
Sterling - 39%
Kane - 23%
Hazard - 30%

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I don't see where this idea that Auba misses a lot of chances comes from. According to the BBC, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Salah - 47, 30, 11, 135
Kane - 40, 27, 9, 161
Hazard - 27, 20, 8, 164

Salah and Kane have had a lot more chances than Auba and have scored less, to my eyes he seems pretty clinical and the stats back it up.

Auba - 35%
Salah - 23&
Sterling - 39%
Kane - 23%
Hazard - 30%
I think the perception is slightly skewed because Auba has missed some sitters. Like the 3 against Chelsea, 1 against Wolves, 1 against United. Obviously those chances came about partly because he has elite positioning sense and sniffs out opportunities. But some of those misses are pretty inexplicable for someone of his calibre.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Salah - 47, 30, 11, 135
Kane - 40, 27, 9, 161
Hazard - 27, 20, 8, 164

Auba - 35%
Salah - 23&
Sterling - 39%
Kane - 23%
Hazard - 30%
His conversation rate for us has been elite ( even with his sitters missed), much better than his average through his career.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Is there a statistic, how many goals he scored when Laca is on the pitch?

Yeah I posted it in the Laca thread.. After yesterday’s game it’s now 13 goals and 4 assists in 21 games and Laca has 8 goals 5 assists.. 21g/9a combined in 21 games.
They have rarerly started or played over 60 min together so the stats are even better if you look at the minutes played together over just games.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Well said. It's as if some people have just began watching football and don't understand that dry spells can happen to top players!
I'm not concerned with his dry spell at all. There are people in football that can see more than just plain statistics, for example Benzema at Real Madrid didn't have great goal scoring stats (although they weren't bad either) but his contribution to the team was crucial, especially in CL. Players like Benzema and Laca are so versatile that they can finish season with 10 goals and they would still be first choices. It's great to praise people who score goals, but there is a process in attack that happens before that and players like Laca and Özil are great in that process, they make this team better and smarter.
It's clear to see that Auba alone struggles, Laca alone struggles and Özil had a lot of problems with Giroud as they weren't great fit. Now, I have a feeling that 3 of them can work together and they can match any team in the world, we can score goals and we can create chances against any team.
As soon as Emery tries to experiment with that we have huge problems in setup or converting chances.
Even Henry needed someone like Bergkamp in his best days and I don't think many people would bash Bergkamp for not scoring enough goals.

arsmile

Established Member
his goalscoring and movement is great- he doesn't do much else

It's strange we move him to the wing to accommodate lacca- I've never seen him do great out there.

laccazette is the better all round footballer so might cope better there

but PEA is the elite goalscorer...total right place right time genius

dbig

My feeling is that he is pretty clinical. Henry missed tonnes of chances for us, but he had lots more opportunities created for him.

Couldn't find the stats on my mobile phone for Henry, but I think he usually only averages about 20% or less for conversion rates.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My feeling is that he is pretty clinical. Henry missed tonnes of chances for us, but he had lots more opportunities created for him.

Couldn't find the stats on my mobile phone for Henry, but I think he usually only averages about 20% or less for conversion rates.
He created some chances all by himself, so it's different.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its difficult to pick holes in any player who scores consistently and Auba certainly does that. Suarez missed loads at Pool but you didn't hear their fans complaining because he scored so many. Its a numbers game! At the end of the day we think of Thierry Henry 228, we don't think damn it could have been 229 if he didn't miss that easy chance vs so and so. For me Auba is doing what we need him to do, create more for him and he will score more but he will also miss more because they go together. When he's not doing either, then I'll complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom