• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Kav

Established Member
Really do think it's confirmation bias and not linked at all to his contract. Look at the fundamentals of our play. I'm not big on xG but... Auba doesn't contribute much at all in build up and so our drop off in xG is not due to him not playing well. We just aren't creating the chances for him to finish.

I'm not talking about Xg or any of that statistical nonsense. I'm talking about his actual contribution on the pitch. The man has limited skills sets but the few things that he is good at, he does them excellently.

However since the Contract renewal we have seen very little from him. Some of this is undoubtedly due to our general style of play this season and our overall ineffectiveness. That being said he's looked a shadow of himself.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm not talking about Xg or any of that statistical nonsense. I'm talking about his actual contribution on the pitch. The man has limited skills sets but the few things that he is good at, he does them excellently.

However since the Contract renewal we have seen very little from him. Some of this is undoubtedly due to our general style of play this season and our overall ineffectiveness. That being said he's looked a shadow of himself.

Was happy when we signed him, was all with that, but to be totally honest when I saw him on the pitch for us I was stunned to see his goal scoring rate. It looked like overachievement and a purple patch to me, but could be wrong about that. He’s underperforming now but I think his true level is somewhere in the middle, not where he was before.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Definitely out of form, probably over thinking things, better signs in the last couple of matches including so far today, hes definitely putting in more effort and energy... hopefully it clicks for him soon.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He never hid today, you could see he was up for it and that he was getting a goal in somehow.

The trick here is not to expect him to carry an uncarryable form when we’re not creating as a team.

We did better agains Newcastle, so he had and took the chances that came his way.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Got some chances tonight and produces. Ok he missed a sitter but recovered well with that finish for the first.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
It was just a matter of time especially with his movement in the last few games. He's still the man if we are to do anything this season

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was only saying earlier today that Auba is not in decline. When his pace goes then he'll decline. I hope this title gets changed now!

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom