• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Imagine you lose you parent(s) when you're 19 year old footballer, and make a mistake in a game, and Arsenal fans (or opposition fans) will **** on you on social media and say you will never make it.

The first lesson to be taught to public figures is to stay out of social media engagement, or at least keep it to a minimal degree.

I do think people are learning to navigate it better, though. Even many "social media stars" aren't really engaging with social media to the extent we think they do.

Tom349

At what point does he get stripped of the captaincy?

Should be thankful for Willian for taking all the bullets as he has been just as bad throughout the season and shows even less desire to have an influence on the game.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He did nothing tbh same as laca. At the moment despite what auba has done for us and his career he has been shocking this season.

GLITCH

It's becoming hard to believe he hasn't checked-out mentally. Need to learn from Özil and now Auba situations, and not do it again.

ScotsGooner89

He’s honestly pathetic. The man has no desire to be the guy to get you out of trouble. He’ll score a few here and there when team playing well but he’s not goi g to change the game when coming on. Complete waste of space after his substitution.

novar

Will get blame for no reason, you can't just get the guy that makes us play football out of the pitch and expect us to do well. That's not how football works

TinFish

He should never be bought again when chasing a game. Put Martinelli on instead. The guy offers nothing from the bench. Might fare a bit better starting a game - but as a sub hell no.

REEVIE1995

I genuinely forgot he was on the pitch till he fouled someone near the end. I just don't think he is effective in the central striker role. He is at his most dangerous when he plays off the shoulder of the full back waiting for that ball over the top he can run onto. He does not get them chances in a central position so he is immediately less of a threat.

People seem to think that because he often scores a lot of tap ins within the 6 yard box, that his best position is as a central striker and I dont get it. Sterling scores tap ins most weeks for city and no one thinks his best position is up top. Auba gets so many of those taps ins because he drifts in from out wide while the centre backs are focused on Laca.

Legend14

Established Member
I genuinely forgot he was on the pitch till he fouled someone near the end. I just don't think he is effective in the central striker role. He is at his most dangerous when he plays off the shoulder of the full back waiting for that ball over the top he can run onto. He does not get them chances in a central position so he is immediately less of a threat.

People seem to think that because he often scores a lot of tap ins within the 6 yard box, that his best position is as a central striker and I dont get it. Sterling scores tap ins most weeks for city and no one thinks his best position is up top. Auba gets so many of those taps ins because he drifts in from out wide while the centre backs are focused on Laca.
He will not be a good PL central striker. He can’t manage the tougher central defenders. He needs space and therefore should be wide.
This is not the Bundesliga.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s always been useless if he isn’t scoring goals, never been good at any other aspect. But scoring goals is important so I’ll always back him.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not my type of forward at all. Offers zero when he's not being spoonfed.

Wish we could sell him but we've made our bed now. We love to burden our future with unmovable OAPs.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom