• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Melquiades

He was horrible today again. His effort and attitude was not captains worthy and hasnt been for a while now. The way he reacted to that Tierney pass when we were 4:0 up was disgusting.

Arteta needs to bench him for a game or two. You can stink it up 6-7 games but no way half a season.

Even worse was the play about 15 minutes in where Saka laid an absolutely beautiful cross for him and he pulled up and quit running because he didn't want to involve himself in a 50/50 challenge in the box to win the ball and score.

He's been a terrific player for this team for the past couple seasons but he's been absolute garbage for the last 3 months and the excuses are running out. Amazing people are defending his performance today.

Now 1 goal in open play in his last 14 matches.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Really low on confidence. You can see it in his runs, shots, dribbles, etc. He just doesn't believe he's going to score.
Needs to just keep working hard. The team is starting to find some form and attacking fluidity - surely just a matter of time before he's banging them in again.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looks worse now that we have more technicians in the team. He is still working hard but it was after 70 minutes when ESR and Saka were off that he made one of his trademark runs. He's struggling to adapt to a new playing style and intensity but I hope he'll get there

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Even worse was the play about 15 minutes in where Saka laid an absolutely beautiful cross for him and he pulled up and quit running because he didn't want to involve himself in a 50/50 challenge in the box to win the ball and score.

He's been a terrific player for this team for the past couple seasons but he's been absolute garbage for the last 3 months and the excuses are running out. Amazing people are defending his performance today.

Now 1 goal in open play in his last 14 matches.
So what's your diagnosis then? This is a player who is the most prolific in our history who hit a brick wall coinciding with the clubs worst run of form in it's history... Of course he'll be defended. If he wasn't, this board would contain more ****s than I'd have ever imagined.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At least we’re actually seeing him in some good positions now and the ball getting delivered too, hopefully he can begin to turn it around.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
His movement is still excellent. He’ll score goals. You can tell his lack of form is affecting his attitude though. He’s at his best when he’s smiling, he hasn’t looked happy on the pitch for a while. There is definitely at least some evidence of physical decline though.
:lol: How have you measured that? A decline detected in 5 months? We're all in decline when we hit our 30's, but there's nothing to suggest Auba's lack of goals has anything at all to do with that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
100 league games after today game and 57 goals really not bad record just i wish he can get back to his scoring form just not coming for him at the moment

Legend14

Established Member
Auba played fine today. He put himself into many positions to score; it just didn’t happen. Most who are posting that he didn’t play well would say he played fantastic if he scored a single goal. This is such a shallow assessment of the player’s performance.

He is working himself out of a slump, and today the effort and bravery were there and his technique has returned. He is almost back, mentally, and when he scores again everyone will simply jump back onto the bandwagon with me.

Melquiades

So what's your diagnosis then? This is a player who is the most prolific in our history who hit a brick wall coinciding with the clubs worst run of form in it's history... Of course he'll be defended. If he wasn't, this board would contain more ****s than I'd have ever imagined.

Players get old fast. It's not always a smooth gradual drop. What happened to Rooney/Van Persie/Sanchez/Torres around this age? Even Thierry Henry at from age 31 to 32 went from 26 goals to 4 in 32 games for Barcelona. 31 is ancient for a top-level CF on a major European team. Jamie Vardy is the only one older in the PL starting regularly, along with Cavani/Giroud as super-subs.

He looks old out there. He's a step behind, isn't getting to balls he used to get to, and and isn't showing the hunger he used to show.

Worse, he's not handling it well. His body language sucks, especially for a guy who is team captain. It sucked to see the team captain quitting/bailing on multiple plays today.

I'm sure he'll get a few more goals this season and will play games better than what he's played recently but if you're expecting a return to 20-25 goal/season form ... I think you're wearing rose-coloured glasses and in denial of the obvious.

And I'm not referring to defending him in general. I'm referring to the takes on the game today. You can say he's been a great player and say you think/hope he'll improve going forward while also admitting he was the worst player on the pitch for Arsenal today and that his current form has been awful.

Legend14

Established Member
Players get old fast. It's not always a smooth gradual drop. What happened to Rooney/Van Persie/Sanchez/Torres around this age? 31 is ancient for a top-level CF on a major European team. Jamie Vardy is the only one older in the PL starting regularly, along with Cavani/Giroud as super-subs.

He looks old out there. He's a step behind, isn't getting to balls he used to get to, and and isn't showing the hunger he used to show.

Worse, he's not handling it well. His body language sucks, especially for a guy who is team captain. It sucked to see the team captain quitting/bailing on multiple plays today.

I'm sure he'll get a few more goals this season and will play games better than what he's played recently but if you're expecting a return to 20-25 goal/season form ... I think you're wearing rose-coloured glasses and in denial of the obvious.

And I'm not referring to defending him in general. I'm referring to the takes on the game today. You can say he's been a great player and say you think/hope he'll improve going forward while also admitting he was the worst player on the pitch for Arsenal today and that his current form has been awful.
Way too much dramatization. Today he played well. Its that simple.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some of ya’ll are ungrateful! He basically single handedly won us a trophy and European qualification.

He gets a pass all season idc.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You've made me feel a bit better about him. Cheers.
Van Nistelrooy used to be upset after a team win where he hadn’t scored.

As long as it’s channeled properly it’s okay.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Some of ya’ll are ungrateful! He basically single handedly won us a trophy and European qualification.

He gets a pass all season idc.

Not a chance. Every game is a fresh start for every player. Arteta has kept the faith in Auba. Auba needs to get out of his shell and rediscover his form. The sooner the better.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom