• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I’m relatively unstressed about Auba and Gabriel tbh.

I’m more conscious we’re probably starting the season with Elneny or Willock if Torreira leaves seen as we’re not close on a new midfielder right now.
That's why hurrying up and getting the two nearly done out of the ****ing way would be a good idea.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We dont need a big fanfare when a current player signs a new contract. I hope when they announce the Gabriel signing tomorrow or next week, they juts tag an "Oh btw, Aubameyang has signed a new contract!" on the end!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's why hurrying up and getting the two nearly done out of the ****ing way.

I doubt there’s no capacity to get in new players just because they’re probably hammering out legal details with Gabriel and Auba.

I think we just have to be aware that the transfer market has stalled massively for most clubs because the finances just aren’t there due to Covid.

It’s clear that we’re waiting to sell players to clubs who are waiting to sell players. Most journalists think once the season starts getting closer things will start happening.

Not a massive coincidence to me we’ve seen a lot of movement from Ligue 1 clubs and their season has already started.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I doubt there’s no capacity to get in new players just because they’re probably hammering out legal details with Gabriel and Auba.

I think we just have to be aware that the transfer market has stalled massively for most clubs because the finances just aren’t there due to Covid.

It’s clear that we’re waiting to sell players to clubs who are waiting to sell players. Most journalists think once the season starts getting closer things will start happening.

Not a massive coincidence to me we’ve seen a lot of movement from Ligue 1 clubs and their season has already started.
Probably but the slowness with which the club functions is pitiful. Even Willian took a week too long.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Mikel Arteta 26 August 20:15

“there will be a deal for Auba soon”

“soon”

Probably just stringing it out to 1st Sept, saves us £50k per week the longer we wait. Yes, I really do think Arsenal think like that, they just sacked 55 people earning peanuts!

GDeep™

League is very weak
60 league goals in the next 3 seasons from my bro Auba. As I have been saying for months, you’re buying goals.

Let’s go.

GunnerShy

Probably just stringing it out to 1st Sept, saves us £50k per week the longer we wait. Yes, I really do think Arsenal think like that, they just sacked 55 people earning peanuts!
Without knowing, I suspect the contract would be expressed in an annual sum rather that weekly salary. Can't imagine we will save money kicking the can down the line like that

Iceman10

Established Member
People complain about AFTV and the like being detrimental to the club as a whole, but I have to say observations from those quarters of joy needlessly being sucked out by dragged out closing outs of deals and announcements, both for Auba and Gabriel, fits a pattern of being pretty poor when it comes to backroom culture for this club, and fostering of good relations with the supporter base.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Without knowing, I suspect the contract would be expressed in an annual sum rather that weekly salary. Can't imagine we will save money kicking the can down the line like that

His new monthly salary will start after he signs a new contract, so it does have an effect monthly. I agree its not a huge amount but neither was the wages of 55 people the club have sacked!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If I was him I'd hold out too. You never know Barca, PSG and the likes might get desperate and just decide to sign him. Barca are losing Messi it looks like, Suarez has been told he can leave how are they gonna replace those goals? No better man for a couple of seasons than Auba.

It doesn't help that looking at our midfield options are horrendous, he'll be getting sub-par service here unless we go out and sign two midfielders at least. I wouldn't be so quick to commit just yet.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's waiting for us to sign a midfield

I think this is the most likely reason, and I don't blame him. If I was Auba I'd be doing exactly the same, the club need to show ambition! Willian will help but we really need Partey & Ceballos agreed to give us a chance of top 4. Obviously Gabriel as well but that's any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom