• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Pires remains open minded'

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID ... Home&f=rss

I would like him to stay, he does as well going by:

'Now we have a new generation with a huge potential,'' Pires told France Football. ''If I can act as a guide it will be with pleasure.

''About the new stadium - it is a new step. By leaving Highbury, Arsenal will be able to compete with the biggest clubs in Europe.

''Being part of that new story is a very positive thing. Now it is up to the coach to make the decision. '

Saville

i really hope he does stay at arsenal he is still a good player in him just not this season. Also if he leaves i think Henry will to! but If Pires stays then Henry his little Frech friend will stay to in my opinion :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm not averse to him staying, especially as Arsène seems to have accepted that he can't play in every game anymore.

gunnerGH

Established Member
hes still a good bench player but is he worth another year? bergkamp definitely wasnt this year....

Id say yes just for being loyal to the club

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Gunnergregharrison said:
hes still a good bench player but is he worth another year? bergkamp definitely wasnt this year....

Whilst I'm not privvy to Arsenal training sessions, I'd still take a guess and say that having the great Bergkamp around this year was 'worth' it.

Pires is still a sublime passer of the ball, especially that 40 yard-get-behind-the-defence-for-an-Henry-tap-in one. Hleb needs to develop that skill still as the one he tried at Madrid (the only time I've seen him do a pass like that) didn't quite work.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
YuenBiaoFan said:
Pires is still a sublime passer of the ball, especially that 40 yard-get-behind-the-defence-for-an-Henry-tap-in one. Hleb needs to develop that skill still as the one he tried at Madrid (the only time I've seen him do a pass like that) didn't quite work.
Hleb's problem in doing penetrting pass is sometimes he dribbles a bit too much. Defenders, especially for those sit back around their own box, often try to read the ball holder's intention. Hleb has a dribbling-then-pass pattern. Sometime he just dribbles one step too much and the time lost becomes defender's gain.

Legend#1

Established Member
As long as he knows he isn't a starter, I wouldn't mind him as a super sub, and a player the youngsters can learn something from in training.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
pires is still good at home...

his away form is another story(as if the whole team is good enough playing away from home at the moment *sigh*) but nevertheless, he can be a good 75th minute sub.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
He has been a good player for the club however, I feel he is one the top so to speak, he has done himself no favours this season because he has not had the best of games. He just seems to be invisible, perhaps his wages would /could be put to good use somewhere else.

TheEconomist

Established Member
this is really stupid, half the time hes saying he will consider any offers that come in for him, and that he can do whatever he want, the other half hes saying hes totally focused on Arsenal. Make up your mind and dont **** us about

Tegh

Established Member
Please leave Bobby, you tried to hold Arsène to ransom but realised you weren't going to get what you wanted, so now you've done a complete turn around. Fuc|< off.

siddharth

Dennis is 36 and we shouldn't have offered him a new deal this season whereas Pires is 31 !!! He maybe turning 32 soon but i still believe he has got atleast 2 years left in him.What else do you think makes juve interested in him ? Majority of the people say that he's finished but this season our whole team has been poor so just singling him out coz he's 31 isn't right.

We badly need experience in the squad and pires would be great coming of the bench. So many times this season i have noticed that when pires comes on suddenly our passing gets going and it's a delight to watch. Henry is another reason why pires looks so bad coz he just isn't bothered to make the runs he made before.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
YuenBiaoFan said:
Gunnergregharrison said:

Whilst I'm not privvy to Arsenal training sessions, I'd still take a guess and say that having the great Bergkamp around this year was 'worth' it.

I agree and it is not like any major clubs willing to pay what he is demanding is anywhere to be found. His skills won't leave him jsut yet it is just that his body has given up on him. He could be our new Bergkamp in the training sessions. To have competitive squad isn't just to be able to pick the fittest most inform players avaible and having a big bunch to pick from. Training should be of a higher standard then the matches frankly, you will not just learn from the great you will learn to defend again greatness to.

And another thin maybe he can have a future in the coaching staff because far to many player turned manager/coaches these days are all from a defending background, maybe some flamboyance will be lost along the way?

eddie_wills

Pires has not offered us nothing this season.

He has been very good on two occasions I can think of from the bench, against Bolton at home (I think) and Sp**s away in which he totally changed the game (as did RVP). When starting he can't cut it, but against tired legs he still has what is required in my opinion. He remains a goal threat, his passing remains sublime.

As an experienced sub, we can't do any better. He should stay.

Offy

Ever since his cruciate knee ligamnt injury aginast newcastle a few seasons ago, this guy has never been the shame, great shame! :(

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom