• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yes, it's too early for overall judgements but come the end of May and we don't finish in the top 4, the season would without a doubt be a huge failure.
We're good enough for the top four but there are five other clubs who are too.

Would be gassed if we managed to get in there but none of those other five sides have as much damage to fix as we do.

Jae

If we're going to play in this new style (which I quite like and is a refreshing change in all honesty) then we can't play with Ramsey - as you can see in some of those clips, he doesn't press properly, he's in the wrong positions and at times he's not even facing the ball and is casually walking backwards towards our own half. Just not disciplined enough and he's not willing to do the boring stuff for the team, just wants on the score sheet.

Secondly, if we are going to start playing out from the back then we can't play Xhaka, who is utterly useless facing his own goal, can't function unless he has a couple yards of space, can't ride a challenge or turn his man and has absolutely no pace or burst of acceleration.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
SMH. This is what happens when AM becomes your English teacher. :p
Bro, that is harsh. I know you are joking but when Yoursif first joined this forum he could barely speak a word of English. Even the most affluent of english speakers tend to muddle their words in anger.
@yousif_arsenal your English has improved tremendously since you joined. Although we're on a decade now aren't we?

FEH

Bro, that is harsh. I know you are joking but when Yoursif first joined this forum he could barely speak a word of English. Even the most affluent of english speakers tend to muddle their words in anger.
@yousif_arsenal your English has improved tremendously since you joined. Although we're on a decade now aren't we?

I think he meant the array of expletives in the post was a result of AM posting mate.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's obvious why most of these guys criticizing the style are very average managers themselves or never had a career in coaching.

Unai wants to play a certain way and it takes time to get that right, but the only way to improve is by doing it no matter what and not abandon it at the first failure. Just imagine Unai telling the lads 'Yeah, we want to press and play from the back, but not against City because I'm scared of them, and well maybe not against Chelsea either. Let's try it when we play Huddersfield at home in two months'.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It's obvious why most of these guys criticizing the style are very average managers themselves or never had a career in coaching.

Unai wants to play a certain way and it takes time to get that right, but the only way to improve is by doing it no matter what and not abandon it at the first failure. Just imagine Unai telling the lads 'Yeah, we want to press and play from the back, but not against City because I'm scared of them, and well maybe not against Chelsea either. Let's try it when we play Huddersfield at home in two months'.
I have faith in Emery, a defeat against city tells you more than thrashing a sh1t team 4:0. He will learn quickly about his players and adapt/ change whatever he feels he needs to.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Looking at our passing stats is shocking considering Emery goal is making pressing and possesion our priority.

Not one of our midfielders got over 82% passing possesion except Torreira and Ramsey even got less than 70%. Mustafi and Torreira the only two players to get over 90%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom