• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | Sunday, February 21 | KO: 16:30 UTC | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
EurVjERXEAI1e83
Where is willian??

GoonerJay24

_116582254_2015_16_table.png

Remember when we were joint top of the league with Leicester and the thought of loosing out on the title to them was inconceivable.

There was no way we were winning the title that season with the high amount of injuries. Without Cazorla and Rosicky for the whole season. Then you had Welbeck, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Gibbs, Walcott, Alexis, Arteta and Koscielny all injured for long periods.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let’s face it. City are in white hot form, steamrolling all the top teams in the Prem. So we secretly hope for a good result whilst not being overly frustrated if it doesn’t happen.

This is the biggest gulf between the two sides in my lifetime. If anyone here gets frustrated at the lack of a result here they’re certainly not going to enjoy the 90 minutes preceding it.

Arteta’s going to play two immobile CMs against a midfield of Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Foden. He’s played more or less the same way in every game and has no plan B.

You only get a result today if you have energy in midfield, and our lack of rotation is problematic. Keep 11 on the pitch, avoid further injury and still be in the game by half time.

Legend14

Established Member
Not confident we get anything today. Our CMs and Bellerin will likely get destroyed, which will put us on the backfoot the entire match.

Hoping for a miracle draw, but will focused on who raises their game tomorrow in the face of real competition. City is no joke.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I bet we lose like 3-1 and we're all like "yeah yeah, we just can't compete" and then next week City lose randomly to like Fulham or someone.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I can't see us getting turned over today. Arteta generally has us pretty well marshalled against the bigger clubs.

We'll for sure be on the backfoot though. 0-2 Man City.

I guess the positive is very few of us are expecting anything out of the match so if we do get something it'll be a nice bonus.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its going to be a narrow loss for Arsenal. Arteta doesn't lose big.
Supporting a team spending 5th, I'd rather be continually over performing in the top 4, Champions league, and lose big occasionally than be 10th and losing lots of games by one goal.

Arsenal fans are clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A lot of people expecting nothing and its understandable. We are up against the best and most inform team in the league. However its still a football match and its still 3 points up for grabs.

What I dont want to see from the team or Mikel or the fans is just this acceptance that today we are just getting a game out of the road and playing down the importance of it.

I even saw people talking about resting players to keep them for Thursday night. Imagine being Arsenal going into a game and just accepting losing. On any given day any team can win a football match. This is no different.

I don't want to see Mikel and the team lame. Happy to defend the 6 yards box and lose 1 0. For some that may represent success or improvement or whatever other positive some want to take from it. But it won't be. We NEED 3 points. Wherever they may come from.

Games are running out and the only way we are going to move forward as a club is winning the majority of the games left. If we miss out on EL this season that no doubt will set us back another 5 years.

Is a win today likely? No. But to play for anything other than a win is a disgrace.

And Mikel knows this City team inside out. About time he showed abit of something that suggests he can mix it with the best. Even the worst managers and the worst teams in the league on their day have managed to take points of the big teams. Today is no different.

Let's go into the game with abit of ambition and purpose and if the cards don't fall our way so be it. But I'd much rather give it a good honest go and get beat 3-0 than sit camped in our 18 yard box afraid and punting hopeful long balls to Auba all game and lose 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom