• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle United | Sunday February 16 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I don't know how we'll play today, it is weird line up. I think that it's:
Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe - Özil - Auba
Nketiah

I rather Eddie as LW and Auba as striker

This could be final nail in the coffin for auba being convinced to stay here. Shoved out wide for laca bad enough, but Eddie as well?

Pepes blue pill

hope cabellos and pepe both release the ball today and not hold on to it for tonnes more time than they need to, both can look amazing to watch or just piss you off

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Can anyone explain to me how Torreira keeps getting dropped yet Özil seems to be the 1st name on the team sheet?

rockofcashel

Reality here guys, is that Arteta has already decided that he is in pre-season mode, and he is giving all the squad a chance to show what they can and cant do, in the white heat of a Premiership game, not some Asia Cup friendly against Burnley or whatnot. He's 15 or so games and no one expects him to get Top 4 through the league (though I still think we might)... he'll play his best team in the EL as he sees that as the best route to CL.. a dangerous game he's playing, but I think he's right. No player can complain that they didnt get an opportunity to impress him, and by Summer he'll really know which players to keep and get rid of.

He'll also be able to point to the board and say, I need more players here, here, here..

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Can anyone explain to me how Torreira keeps getting dropped yet Özil seems to be the 1st name on the team sheet?

Torreira been carrying an injury since the palace game? Could be wrong but does feel like he hasn't had much of a look-in since then

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil undroppable
giphy.gif

Make

Player:Ødegaard
This could be final nail in the coffin for auba being convinced to stay here. Shoved out wide for laca bad enough, but Eddie as well?

Yeah, it's wrong idea from Arteta, but it could be the last season from Auba as Arsenal player

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Difference between Mustafi and Sokratis is just not that big and with Mustafi being the better passer I can see why Arteta prefers him.. Torrreira benched again is weird though, thought he started really well under Arteta.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

Our only other attacking midfielder is on loan in the Championship while we have a stable of average B2B and defensive midfielders.

Can't say I even begin to understand the line up. Quite what Nketiah has done to deserve a start, he wasn't even starting regularly for Leeds. Hardly going to help Lacazette's confidence dropping him. I take the point made earlier about giving everyone a chance but surely you play your best team in the league. Fatigue surely not an issue they've just had 2 weeks off!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think the team is with one eye on Olympiakos. He probably wants a mix of youth and experience against Olympiakos and didn’t want to start Martinelli, Nketiah and Nelson all together in an away leg in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom