• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion | 25/09/17 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Why the game not today? Why its tomorrow? Oh because of Monday night football f**k off sky.

Everton played yesterday and will have 5days rest for their Europa league game and we'll have only about 2 days it make no sense

Luckily we'll probably rotate all 11 players.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If we don't get all 3 points, I'm going to go ahead and assume the season is over in regards to the title (incoming comments about how we never had a chance :rolleyes:). Even if we were to pick up form after this hypothetical dropped points, we'd drop off again eventually as we always do. It's very difficult to be optimistic after a 10-year streak of that exact same thing happening over and over.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
As always I voted for an Arsenal win but I don’t know. Tony Pulis is a fu¢king ¢unt and his thugs can cause an upset. Our defending from set pieces has not improved much. I predict a 0-0 draw or a 0-1 defeat for us. This is the kinda game where everyone is optimistic and Arsenal screw up. Crystal Palace last season comes to mind (although that was away).

I’d like to see this team.
Cech
Laurent Mustafi Nacho
Hector Ramsey Xhaka Kolasinac
Özil Sanchez
Laca

Subs. Giroud, Nelson and Iwobi.
I would be delighted with the three points and a clean sheet.

On a side note, whose pathetic idea was it to schedule a Monday fixture for the Gunners?! I will be working at 3:00 PM Eastern. Will have to make do with the replay on NBC Sports.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Our defending from set pieces has not improved much.
It's a common misconception, but we're actually one of the best in the league with set pieces for the past couple seasons. It's just that when we do concede, it fits into the "weak mentality" agenda and gets overblown. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We have a good record against West Brom at home, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I hope we approach it with the same warrior mentality we did against Chelsea... I have no doubt we'll succeed if we do.

BobP

Memri Fan
Pulis' teams normally turnover at the Emirates. We might beat them, although you just never know which Arsenal will turn up.

It's a common misconception, but we're actually one of the best in the league with set pieces for the past couple seasons. It's just that when we do concede, it fits into the "weak mentality" agenda and gets overblown. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We have a good record against West Brom at home, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I hope we approach it with the same warrior mentality we did against Chelsea... I have no doubt we'll succeed if we do.

If you want success, every game has to be approached in a similar manner to the Chelsea game.

Honestly, that was the 1st time I've ever seen Arsenal players shut up shop and resort to rotating tactical fouls.

karl

I think you're right about the set pieces, although it feels unlikely after so many years of suffering. The goals in my mind come from teams just playing straight through the middle of us and usually on the counter attack. That was the difference, along with a little luck last week.

I would still prefer to see Elneny take the second midfield position and Ramsey take Özil's role, which would be a natural fit. Aaron just offers more goal threat in a team that is not really free scoring these days.

Cech
Laurent Mustafi Nacho
Hector Elneny Xhaka Kolasinac
Ramsey Sanchez
Laca

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
If we don't get all 3 points, I'm going to go ahead and assume the season is over in regards to the title (incoming comments about how we never had a chance :rolleyes:). Even if we were to pick up form after this hypothetical dropped points, we'd drop off again eventually as we always do. It's very difficult to be optimistic after a 10-year streak of that exact same thing happening over and over.
We need to win to keep some pressure on Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle and Southampton.o_O

tcahill

I think you're right about the set pieces, although it feels unlikely after so many years of suffering. The goals in my mind come from teams just playing straight through the middle of us and usually on the counter attack. That was the difference, along with a little luck last week.

I would still prefer to see Elneny take the second midfield position and Ramsey take Özil's role, which would be a natural fit. Aaron just offers more goal threat in a team that is not really free scoring these days.

Cech
Laurent Mustafi Nacho
Hector Elneny Xhaka Kolasinac
Ramsey Sanchez
Laca

I'd think I'd like to see Ramsey next to Xhaka still, we can't just play Elneny forever. I like Elneny but he's not good enough to be our starting midfielder. Ideally I'd still play Ramsey but tell him he has to sit next to Xhaka most of the game, and only run forward on good moments, or his ass is going straight to the bench.

Özil has been a real threat going forward in the 3-4-3 and I'd rather not lose that outlet to accommodate Elneny.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
only 3 pages on match day.... people don't care?
What we all want to see is the commitment that we showed against Chelsea week in week out. Although we still support the team, club, their apathy builds our apathy. We could get relegated and go down fighting and I'd feel it was better than some of the lame performances we've seen in the the last few years. We need consistency! I'm getting excited though, I always get excited before a match, that changes depending on the team's attitude.

Ox and Ramsey looking the other way when we gave away possession against Liverpool and they scored their first goal has to be the worst thing I've ever seen from professionals.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We need to be demolishing teams like WBA at home if we are serious about winning the PL or even qualifying for CL. We need to learn to come out all guns blazing and totally destroy mid table teams in the first half. We have the players to do it, they just all need to focus and the manager needs to play his part too ie no more joke formations, just players in their positions playing at their best, if they don't, off and out next game or better still, put them in the Haribo cup team.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We need to be demolishing teams like WBA at home if we are serious about winning the PL or even qualifying for CL. We need to learn to come out all guns blazing and totally destroy mid table teams in the first half. We have the players to do it, they just all need to focus and the manager needs to play his part too ie no more joke formations, just players in their positions playing at their best, if they don't, off and out next game or better still, put them in the Haribo cup team.
I'm not sure about this, maybe someone will correct me, but West Brom rarely get demolished. They're a solid unit like Burnley, who're also very hard to beat. Brighton at home next week is the team we should be smearing into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom