• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 16/10/04

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 273
  • Views 9,520
A

Anonymous

Premiership Week 9
Arsenal Vs Aston Villa
Date:Saturday October 16th 04'
Time:15.00 PM UK Time
Venue:Highbury

After the National Team games,what do u think of a couple of players should getting a rest like:-
-Clichy on for Cole
-Cygan for Campbell
-Pennant on for Ljunberg
-Vieira should start
-so should 1 of Edu/Fabregus
-Bergkamp will start
-Van Persie should have a chance
-might rest Henry
-rest Reyes (if he played for spain)?

Reminder that players and Wenger will be playing this match with match 50 in their heads!!!

Mark

Established Member
We might see a few players rested, but I don't know. I'd rather wait to see what happens on Wednesday. Hopefully we won't pick up any injuries.

We can't rest too many players, that's for sure.

lewdikris

Established Member
Gilberto should start, and then Fabregas should get to play at Old Trafford.

I think Pennant deserves a game - he was top class vs Charlton, and his under 21 form is excellent.

It's a hell of a couple of weeks for our top men - so some rotation will be necessary.

Aussie

Established Member
Pennant and Freddie are in top form.

Give JP a FULL game and save Fred for Man U..

As Mark said lets hope we dont pick up any injuries. Ive probably just jinxed us now.

sukiarsenal

gilberto is injured lewdikris. i think campbell will need to be rested, especially if he plays wednesday. that'll be like his 4/5 games in 2 week. maybe rest freddy but hes inform at the mintue so we might need him.
i want to see van persie given a start.

Mark

Established Member
We could potentially play:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy

Pennant Vieira Edu van Persie

Bergkamp Henry

I'm not sure if that might be too many rested players, though. The bench would certainly look healthy though.

A

Anonymous

We should play like this as Villa have many players OUT:-
..........................Lehman
Lauran..........Toure......Cygan.......Clichy

Pennant.............Vieira.....Edu.........V.Persie

..................Bergkamp........Reyes

Subs:- Henry,Pires,Ljumberg,Cole,Campbell,Fabregus

Aussie

Established Member
tarekgaber said:
We should play like this as Villa have many players OUT:-
..........................Lehman
Lauran..........Toure......Cygan.......Clichy

Pennant.............Vieira.....Edu.........V.Persie

..................Bergkamp........Reyes

Subs:- Henry,Pires,Ljumberg,Cole,Campbell,Fabregus

Nah i wouldnt make that many changes. Villa are strong

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I reckon you cant really have both van persie AND pennant in midfield - thats just way too much inexperience on the wings.

We'll probably play this team

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Cygan
Cole

Pennant
Vieira
Edu
Pires

Bergkamp
Henry

Expect alot of rotating over the next few weeks as we have a pretty hectic schedule. I reckon with the time Arsène has had to sort things out, he already knows who he'll rest and when.

Prediction - 2-0 to the arsenal

Henry IV

I think we should stick with our first choice back four. Edu should be given a start. We should go with Bergkamp and Henry up front.

A

Anonymous

Henry, Pires, Vieira will be playing in Cyprus on Wednesday
Campbell, Cole will be playing in Azabygan on Wednesday
Reyes in Lithuania on Wednesday

Dr. Alban

I'm not so sure Edu will start. Wenger always seems a bit reluctant of playing the south americans when they come straight from action over there..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
My prediction is this for a starting 11:

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Sol
Cole

Freddie
Vieira
Fabregas
Pires

Bergkamp
Henry

Subs:
Almunia
Cygan
Pennant
van Persie
Reyes

AFCG7

Established Member
Agree with that starting 11 .. but anything could happen betweeb now and next week so here's hoping the players dont get any injuries.

Soler

Established Member
Dr. Alban said:
I'm not so sure Edu will start. Wenger always seems a bit reluctant of playing the south americans when they come straight from action over there..

They won't be getting back till Friday UK time I think and will be way too jetlagged to play. Gilberto won't be, since he's not playing and all.

jeromelee

No way AW's gonna rest both Cole and Sol and play Cygan and Clichy. It's gonna leak like a sieve from our left then. No doubt Clichy is fast, but without the influential Sol to support him, there could be too many miscommunications that we can't afford against Villa. Mind you, Villa ain't a bad side. Although Angel is away on International duty, Vassell and Carlton Cole are pretty damn dangerous as well. I say we play our usual team with the exception of Freddie and Gilberto.

Lehmann,
Lauren, Kolo, Sol, Ash
JP, Paddy, Cesc, Pires
Bergy, Henry.

Btw, anyone knows when Gilberto's gonna be back?

Soler

Established Member
You can't really tell with a back injury like his. It could be a month, it could be until 2005.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom