• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
****ing hell, season's over cos we drew against Villa :lol:

Sp**s and Liverpool all suffered as well playing a day bfore the other big two and they played ****!

patrick42uk

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
f****g hell, season's over cos we drew against Villa :lol:

Sp**s and Liverpool all suffered as well playing a day bfore the other big two and they played s**t!

Sp**s, like us, dont have title ambitions.

anyway, who said anything about our season being over? there are three cups we have a better chance in

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Yesterday's mistake was starting Henry in place of van Persie. A really bad decision.

Sp**s, Liverpool and us all had a fair few players on international duty a stupidly close time and it showed. The difference was we completely outplayed our opposition who were no doubt highly pumped up. To say our title hopes are ****ed cos we dropped 2 points on opening day is daft.

At least wait until we suffer a defeat first eh.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't mind us struggling or scoring fewer goals in the first month or two as long as we work on keeping our shape and become more efficient at defending as a team . Goals will start to come later on . More important is making us hard to beat .

patrick42uk

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Yesterday's mistake was starting Henry in place of van Persie. A really bad decision.

To say our title hopes are f*d cos we dropped 2 points on opening day is daft.

agreed, but feeling we were never in the race in teh first place because we havent strengthened enough is an opinion i'm allowed to have no?

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I'll tell you the one thing that INFURIATED me yesterday.

Villa players were still getting 'final warnings' from that **** Poll in the 70th minute. Foul after foul.

Toure's first foul and he gets a yellow, straight off.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Of course, but I hope you weren't one of the 'boo hoo Sp**s and Liverpool have strengthened and we haven't, woah betide us' brigade?!

patrick42uk

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Of course, but I hope you weren't one of the 'boo hoo Sp**s and Liverpool have strengthened and we haven't, woah betide us' brigade?!

that only means we'll have to fight that little bit harder for the automatic cl spot.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
this is a game we should be winning and winning comfortably if we were title challengers.

If this was April I'd agree but getting a little carried away for the first game of the season. Still a lot more to come from us and games like this happen from time to time. We just were unlucky at times, sometimes guilty of trying to walk the ball into the net but also Villa were quite pathetic, not many teams will play that kind of ultra defensive game!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If we had score early against villa the floodgates would have opened. Unfortunately we didn't , it just gets harder and harder after that .

RammiXP

i with patrick 100% on this one.

we show no ambition at all to move forward and conntinue to act like a selling club its a joke.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
There was a ****ing 60000 seater stadium sold out yesterday!

Anyone saying we lack ambition to move forward should be ashamed of themselves!

Selling club? Yeah cos they sold Henry and let Reyes and Cole go easily didn't they?!

Goodness me,

RammiXP

we are a selling club, and when i say lack ambition i mean from a team point of view.

when you look at it a 60000 seater stadium was a must if we wanted to move forward.

My point is year after year we hear more about players leaving than coming in, we never stregthen and show how we want to push forward. thats my point.

having a 60000 seater at 390 million is great but we need a team to match it and as it stand we are 2 big players away from a really great side, but yet again we will come short we will sell and become even thiner in terms of squad depth.

chandraraj

i am happy with the result knowing it could have gone the other way.
but, i am not happy with certain things. all have been mentioned before.
hope wenger can fix them quickly... very quickly.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
YuenBiaoFan said:
I'll tell you the one thing that INFURIATED me yesterday.

Villa players were still getting 'final warnings' from that c**t Poll in the 70th minute. Foul after foul.

Toure's first foul and he gets a yellow, straight off.

if only i could get my hands on that c*nt mccann :evil: :evil: :evil:

RedNWhite

manalicream said:
After one game, its obvious that Arsenal-Mania houses the most neurotic of Arsenal fans

It reminds me of the 'something that turns Arsenal fans into miserable b******'s' comment from Fever Pitch! It's not just here though, I've sat near many Victor Meldrews at Highbury over the years.

Ratinho

Established Member
manalicream spot on tbf.

For once, i'll point people in the direction of www.arseblog.com, and his last two days blog to sum up 93% of my feeling.

The other 7% involves whining about early season preperation, asking why we still never shoot (start with Rosicky and RvP asap Wengs kthx) and fawning over Theo as if he was my own son. :**)

Feis-al

gooner_singh said:
I am going to be very childish here and the only thing I have to say to most people is WHATEVER, I am getting tired of this constant criticism, for crying out loud it is just one game, I can guarantee that this would not be the only game villa would get points off the big boys.

You see G_Singh, Criticism is healthy if it's mature and trust me, I've been on this site before it was crashed and we had to re-register to get back, This forum has guys who have to blow things out of proportion but I believe that's why it's called a Forum.

Back-to-topic

The team played well but like others, Ade's first touch looks a little painful but hope he recovers this season. Henry's first game since the end of World cup was in mid week and ****** played him 90mins. Wenger is furious about it but I wonder why did he play him 90mins. True others would say he played better despite rustiness but easing him in would have been better and I personally would have wanted RvP to start. Defense positioning was only sorted out by Senderos and he misses one game and there comes a goal, Ironic indeed.

Positives, They are lots of them but most important of all,

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom