• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Birmingham City | 02/10/05

dysphoria

Established Member
if they come and attack, we're most likely gonna pick up the 3 points but if they come and pack the damn midfield and refuse to play, we might have a tough one on our hands, lets hope the boys take the positives out of the ajax game and use it against birmingham, God i hate that emile heskey.

i'm going for a 2-0 win for us with reyes and ljungberg getting the goals for us, the defence must concentrate because forsell can be dangerous.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
should be interesting to see pennant playing against his old team... he played well against Liverpool, but the commentator in that match said something I 100% agree with regarding Pennant:

"Terrorized the Liverpool full-back all match long, but in the end, for all his creating space for himself, the final ball in to the box is just abysmal. Wastes his good work with poor crossing.. That part of his game hasnt evolved yet" should be quite a matchup between him & Cole.. they are/were best mates after all...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham

dysphoria said:
i'm going for a 2-0 win for us with reyes and ljungberg getting the goals for us, the defence must concentrate because forsell can be dangerous.

actually, Forssell has looked quite pitiful this season (except for one match I think).. Against Liverpool, they said he was non-existent...

surprisingly enough, i am more worried about Heskey... although with Sol back, my worries are a little bit less...

dev_atdi

If everyone concentrates on their game and we probe Birmingham from the off I can't see anything other than a home win. Tonight's victory is a serious confidence booster for all involved with Arsenal so if the same (and hopefully BETTER with the return of certain first-teamers) is applied against Birmingham I'm sure we'll see 'em off by a good few goals.

the dawn raids

Established Member

dysphoria said:
if they come and attack, we're most likely gonna pick up the 3 points but if they come and pack the damn midfield and refuse to play, we might have a tough one on our hands,

who doesnt pack the midfield against us these days, especially at highbury? 9 and 10 behind the ball is something were surely used to seeing by now.

yoinkster

this'll either be a 1-0 squeak or a 4-1 drubbing.
I fancy Pires for the scoresheet and if we get a few goals I think we'll see Hleb open his account.
Beyond that, I can't really see ... I hope the atmosphere is good though, I fancy a nice sing song to celebrate the selling of our house :D

chandraraj

the dawn raids said:
dysphoria said:
if they come and attack, we're most likely gonna pick up the 3 points but if they come and pack the damn midfield and refuse to play, we might have a tough one on our hands,

who doesnt pack the midfield against us these days, especially at highbury? 9 and 10 behind the ball is something were surely used to seeing by now.

brums will definitely do that. arsenal got to play wide in order to break them. hleb, reyes, rvp and pires need to be on their toes.

A

Anonymous

---------------Lehmann

Eboue---Toure------Campbell-----Cole

Hleb-----Silva-------Fabregas----Pires

--------Ljungberg-----Reyes

Subs:
Alumina
Cygan
Flamini
Quincy
VanPersie

wer

We should ease through this match by 2 goals van Persie and Freddie getting one each. 8)

jeromelee

Going to be a tight tight game. You never know with Birmingham. We'd either nick it 2-1 or 1-0 or we'll end up with a draw 0-0. Depends on whether we can't stop ourselves from trying to dribble the ball to the back of the net or we're willing to actually take the shot.

Feels as though our players are afraid to look foolish for trying the shot and missing and taking the blame rather than stepping up and actually trying to win the game. We need that something special to make the players realize they can't depend on the others and try to take the game on their own.

sabret00the

Established Member
innovision11 said:
---------------Lehmann

Eboue---Toure------Campbell-----Cole

Hleb-----Silva-------Fabregas----Pires

--------Ljungberg-----Reyes

Subs:
Alumina
Cygan
Flamini
Quincy
VanPersie
no, just no. let's not get carried away with our make shift formation and think it will win us games all day long

Lehamm

Eboue Toure Campbell Cole

Freddie Cesc Flamini/Song Hleb

RvP Reyes

Subs -
Poom
Senderos
Gilberto (if fit otherwise the other one of Song/Flamini)
Quincy
Bergkamp

Lukazan

Established Member
Can't see anything but an Arsenal win tbh but as someone else said it'll either be abit of a thrashing or a tight nerve-filled affair..

I'll go for the nervy 1-0 win, Reyes.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I can see another 7-0 drubbing in similar fashion to the Everton game but this time Cygan bagging four, one of them a 30 yard screamer in the top corner

but I can also see a flying pig, it's going right past my window now, and it's oinking loudly

RenalDoh!!

arsenal win and a pretty comfortable one, maybe not by scoreline, but we will dominate.
arsenal are now solid at the back, more than a match for birmingham at home.
midfield needs to wake up a bit, but good to see that gilberto will probably be back.
Edit: Link Shortened
and reyes and Rvp up front will cause plenty of problems
a good 2-0
dont care who scores, ill be happy for any of the boys to bag em

the dawn raids

Established Member
if gilberto is back, i think cesc needs a rest. slide hleb in the middle, or even put flamini in there and have an extremely defensive pairing (id MUCH rather see option one). but the lad needs a break, and the best time to give him one would be now, before the schedule starts to get really nasty soon.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
This will either be a boring, scrappy 1-0 to us or we will smash them 4 or 5.

All will depend on what mood we are in on the day.

Gurgen

Established Member
Assuming Gilberto is out:

Jens
Lauren Kolo Sol Cash
Freddie Hleb Flamini Quincy
RvP Reyes

But we all know this will never happen :|

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Assuming Gilberto is out:

Jens
Lauren Kolo Sol Cash
Freddie Hleb Flamini Quincy
RvP Reyes

But we all know this will never happen :|

Could you imagine? That would be going hell for leather eh?

I wonder what would happen if we adopted the same tactics as our opponents at Highbury and stuck 10 men behind the ball. It would be like watching a game of table football. At least the game last night had two teams having a real go at it.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom