• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 26/11/05

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
With Reading coming up next week, everyone seems to have forgotten we have a Premier League game to win on Saturday- at 3pm! :shock: :shock:

I'm going to this one, and despite the subzero temperatures we seem to be heading into in London, I'm really looking forward to it.

Will Arsène continue the experiment most of us have been crying out for and that seemed to be successful last night? Or will he continue to inflict, yes inflict, Cygan on us all? I would think Eboue will have done enough last night to oust frankenstein from the team..

In midfield, Freddie is clearly way off the pace at present, will Arsène be tempted to play Reyes and Pires together, or will steady Freddie keep his place?

Up front- shouldn't be a difficult call. Robin van Persie has, for me, been the star of the last month and should keep his place up front with le grande Thierry.

non flying dutchman

After Eboue picking up a knoc against Thun I very much doubt he'll be playing, more likely make sure he's rested for the game against reading as he'll want to make sure Lauren doesn't need to play in that one.

Ljungberg looked a little out of sorts but with two games under his belt I think he should start, Pires should be on the bench again and Reyes out on the left, with the rest of the team picking itself at the moment.

Anybody know whether Hleb will be able to make it into the team against Reading? is he training yet?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I wonder if Arsène might want to play Eboue on Saturday rather than Tuesday- considering the relative importance of the respective matches. We must have other options than Eboue for the Reading game, whereas it seems to me he is the only option for Saturday.

All that said, if he's injured then he can't play, can he?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He is injured ? I saw him complain about the ankle but after that he seemed to play allright.

IBL

Established Member
Woohoo! I'll be at Highbury for this one too.

I hope the boys were conserving some energy for this match, most of the forward boys bar RvP seemed to think it was a training match. Eboue must now start if he's fit enough to do so, Cygan at LB has been pretty poor so far but that hardly suprising. Hopefully Kolo and Gilberto will be sharper after their much needed breaks.

Most likely team:

--------------Lehman------------
Eboue----Kolo----Sol----Lauren
Freddy---Gilb----Cesc----Reyes
---------Henry-----RvP----------

Wouldn't suprise me if Pires played before Reyes though - or Cygan :?

Blackburn have doen well at both ManUre and Chavski so we must not underestimate them. Little worrying of late is our poor defending from set-pieces, we have to be wary of Blackburn because Pederson delivers a mean free kick/corner.

tgr

celestis said:
He is injured ? I saw him complain about the ankle but after that he seemed to play allright.

AW may also prefer Senderos to Cygan IMO

Mark

Established Member
I don't think Eboue's injury is serious. Wenger said it's just a knock. I hope we see something like this:

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Campbell Lauren

Freddie Gilberto Cesc Reyes

V.Persie Henry

Nice and simple 2-0 win. Sol with a header from a set piece, and a goal from RvP...he likes scoring against Blackburn. :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

By the way is Bentley injured , I don't recall seeing him in any recent Blackburn matches.

Mark

Established Member
Bentley may be injured, or he may just not be getting into the team. He can't play in this game anyway by Premier League rules.

ccc

Mark said:
Bentley may be injured, or he may just not be getting into the team. He can't play in this game anyway by Premier League rules.

why? hoyte did play with sanderland against us.

Wenger14

Established Member
Expect a win, no less, no more (hehe). Eboue should start this one, to give this backline a try, if it works brilliant, if not I'd hope we switch to my preferred one of Toure on the right, Lauren left.

Lehman
Eboue Toure Cambell Lauren
Freddie Gilberto Cesc Pires
RVP Henry

Subs: Almunia, Senderos, Bergkamp, Flamini, Reyes

2-1 win for us, Henry and RVP to score

Gurgen

Established Member
I'd like to see:

Jens
Lauren Kolo Sol Eboue
Pires Cesc Gilberto Reyes
RvP Henry

But I'm sure Wenger will think of some other nonsense like Cygan at left back and Reyes on the bench.

Uri

blackburn rovers are ****ing brutal.
i hope we will not get many injuries in this game. considering the way the play, and the way things are going for us this year, i'd say we'd be lucky getting no injuries at all.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Apparently the weather forecast is snow, I'll be wrapping up. And, I'm guessing, Reyes will be on the bench..

Army of Me

Established Member
i'm hoping for a gubbing for this match, can't stand blackburn and their stinking managers stinking tactics. the sooner they bugger off to the championship the better.

i'd be surprised if we didn't score 3 against these chumps, so either 3-1 or 3-0.

i'd like to see...

lehmann

eboue
toure
campbell
lauren

ljungberg
gilberto
cesc
pires

rvp
henry

i started with pires because i feel he's finally hit a good run of form and we could use his defence-splitting passes to get around (probably) a packed blackburn defence.

eboue at right and lauren at left, it seemed to be solid for the final stages of the thun game, if cygan starts at LB again after his abysmal performances there i'll cry.

hollow

Don't wanna see Lauren and Pires on the left flank. Should be at least one left footer or there will be too much checking back inside.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom