• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 26/11/05

Canuck

Established Member
Forgot about them hitting the post. Right fair play.
Pires clearance was textbook. He did his job, wasn't too worrying IMO.
Most of Jen's saves were pretty straight forward and not too challenging for a keeper of his ability. Like I said, I thought they only really tested him a couple times, but they did have a couple that were off target, but would have beat him if they were on.

MK5

kel varnsen said:
Kha0z said:
kel varnsen said:
Kha0z said:
And where does Freddie go btw? I don't see Freddie doing shiz on the left.

there's a lot of things you don't see, isn't it? freddie's favourite position is either offensive central midfielder or on the left.

Yea Kel, He's just playing on the right in his freetime.
--

your point being?

you asked 'where does freddie go'. the answer is, back to his more natural position, on the left. he was converted into a right midfielder here at arsenal, but he prefers to play on the left side.

I think he actually used to be a cm for Halmstad before he came to THOF.

Asterix

Established Member
Have only seen the goals, so won't join in most of the debate. I'll just say that Pires's ball to Henry for the second goal was absolutely gorgeous.

chandraraj

3 great goals and 3 more valuable points.

everyone played well. cygan had a decent game i must say. got to give the credit when its due. cesc was wonderful.

no matter how you looked at it, i enjoyed this game. without getting into high gear the team is able to grind out the results. that's promising and that's what needed for the cl assault.

sabret00the

Established Member
MK5 said:
kel varnsen said:
Kha0z said:
kel varnsen said:
Kha0z said:
And where does Freddie go btw? I don't see Freddie doing shiz on the left.

there's a lot of things you don't see, isn't it? freddie's favourite position is either offensive central midfielder or on the left.

Yea Kel, He's just playing on the right in his freetime.
--

your point being?

you asked 'where does freddie go'. the answer is, back to his more natural position, on the left. he was converted into a right midfielder here at arsenal, but he prefers to play on the left side.

I think he actually used to be a cm for Halmstad before he came to THOF.
he used to be so much better on the left than the right for us. but when we've seen him on the left of late, it's like urghh

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
GunneDown said:
I wonder where all the Pires haters are now after that performance??

He needs to carry on doing it, then maybe the hating will stop. One performance doesn't make everything ok, it does makes things better though.

Which I suppose I should apply to our young non scoring spaniard, I don't know, having backed him for so long, Saturday felt like that "moment of clarity" when you realise no matter how talented someone might be, they just ain't going to do the business for you. But I should have more faith.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don't worry Rock , we have seen many times that Jose can cut it . Last year in his first month he was awarded the premiership player of the month .After his start and there were people here that thought he was better than Wayne Rooney. Man u also rated him highly as they targeted him in old trafford. This year again he has started brightly . However with Reyes the perception is the glass is half empry rather than half full. Most of his mistakes are remembered and his good work not , it does not help that he has not scored a goal since middlesborough. He has had two quiet games in the last week and that is due to the change of personnel and obviously a change tactics . It did not help that Henry was on the same wing with him as wherever Henry goes so do at least two oppsition players and it really did look crowded down his area. Having said ,that he is not performing the way he can , however I think it will click soon into gear soon and when it does , he will be explosive.

whoztheman

RocktheCasbah said:
GunneDown said:

He needs to carry on doing it, then maybe the hating will stop. One performance doesn't make everything ok, it does makes things better though.

Which I suppose I should apply to our young non scoring spaniard, I don't know, having backed him for so long, Saturday felt like that "moment of clarity" when you realise no matter how talented someone might be, they just ain't going to do the business for you. But I should have more faith.

you have amazing humility.

i personally think Reyes had a good couple of matches in this season where he genuinely stood out. in the rest of the matches, i thought he was average but rest of the players were so poor his performances seemed to stand out. among the brilliance of henry, rvp, pires, he looks ordinary.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
whoztheman said:
RocktheCasbah said:
GunneDown said:

you have amazing humility.

i personally think Reyes had a good couple of matches in this season where he genuinely stood out. in the rest of the matches, i thought he was average but rest of the players were so poor his performances seemed to stand out. among the brilliance of henry, rvp, pires, he looks ordinary.

1) Thanks (if you're not taking the p'ss!)

2) I don't think it's that so much, I mean that Fulham game, he was outstanding and playing in an excellent team performance that night, same with Palace last February. I just think he hasn't been able to find a consistent level, so one day he's brilliant, the next he is crap. There isn't really a happy medium- and you could argue that for the £10m we paid for him in 2004, you'd want a bit more than a happy medium..

Feanor

Established Member
About the game, I would rather play like crap and win than play awesome and lose. The team did not play that well but won 3-0, what the hell are we complaining about? Good teams always win, whether they play well or not, it's a sign of quality and class.

About Pires, the dude has one decent game and I'm supposed to think he's back? I don't think so, if he plays like this the rest of the season then I'll take back all the negative things I've said about him. Even if he does, it doesn't change the fact that he's been below average for the last 6 months.

About Reyes, I said this when he was on fire at the beginning of season but there's a bit of chill in the air and our second favorite spaniard is gone missing again...I'm a huge Reyes fan and I hope he gets his **** together soon but if he dissapears this winter again, I'll have to start asking questions.

About Berkgamp, dude should have retired last season.

About the midfield, Gilberto had a decent game, much better than agains Millwall. As I've said before Gilberto is a solid performer and it was sad to see people get on him after a couple of bad performances. Cesc was solid, our favorite little spaniard seems to get better ever game, he will have the odd bad game but he's going to get better which is just scary.

We're on a good run but haven't really been impressive or dominating but we've a young team, that will come with time. The good news is that a lot of the pessimists on this site have come around and most of the idiot Wenger bashers have gone into hiding until we lose a game again...

I'm pretty happy with the way things are progressing and hopefully they'll get better.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom