• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | 14/02/05

KingReyes

Established Member
JoseReyes29 said:
no reyes wasn't booed. but when edu went off there was a few booes but they were quickly over rided with claps and cheers as edu was once again magnificant

Those weren't booes, those were chants of..EDUUUUUUUU!!!!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
It's quite obious Wenger isn't confident with Lauren at Right back either that's why he was after Trabelsi in the summer.

Whoever u put on the right would still have to keep coming inside to cover the CBs thus exposing his side. Its a defensive problem issue.

JoseReyes29

no its not at all, im sorry but you do not know what you are talking about. Fullbacks do that because they have to, what you are talking about is nothing to do with laurens bad general positioning especially from crosses.

JazzG

Established Member
Lauren only got done for pace but considering he had no help from Pires he did ok. You see how many times Reyes got back and helped Clichy out, that is what I really like about him and in the bigger matches you need all 4 midfielders coming back to help.

JoseReyes29 said:
no reyes wasn't booed. but when edu went off there was a few booes but they were quickly over rided with claps and cheers as edu was once again magnificant

They weren't booing Edu, they were saying Eduuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, kinda like they did with Kanu (kanuuuuuuu) but with Kanu they might of been booing ;)

MightyArsenal

Lets get real, We will always have defensive problems, there is no way in the world you can be rock solid in the back and world class like we are up front. Chelski are rock solid but pants going forward. Man utd arent the threat they once were, they play a more defensive game now as well which means they sit back more, but because the have some world class players they can score the odd goal or two on the break.

Then you have AC and Juve, who are very solid in all departments, but you cant say they are outstanding going forward. Whereas Inter are very good going forward but very poor at the back.

The same can be said of Spanish teams, Real who can score buckets but also let in a ****load, and Barca who are awesome going forward but at the back they can be exposed, for gods sake they have Gio at left back :lol:

JB

Very good Arsenal match.

I remembered the last year.

In special, a great match of Reyes and Henry. Fantastic goals. Oh, JOse Antonio, you are magic.

I have started to see a good feelin Henry-Reyes. This pair can give to Arsenal historic nights. If sometime, they play together as strikers...

Saludos from Spain to Arsenal fans. :wink:

JB

MightyArsenal said:
, for gods sake they have Gio at left back :lol:

Maybe in Arsenal, Gio played very bad but in Barça he has becomed in a very good player.

For exemple, i say Roberto Carlos and you maybe thinks he is one of the bests left defenders in the world. So, Gio actually is more valued in Spain than Roberto Carlos.

MightyArsenal

Ive seen Barca in almost every game this season, and yes Gio is much improved but he's still not a defender, the only reason he gets in is because of Rikjaard. And now Sylvinho is back from injury Gio will have a fight on his hands.

quattro

sputtery first few minutes but what an awesome display of firepower. great win seeing us dispose of the chances that we missed during the last match. great morale boost and great game which saw our forwards scoring great goals. bergkamp was sublime, reyes looked the part and henry... well what do you say about him?

hope the momentum keeps on running. we needed something like this and now we got it.

hujja

Established Member
Brilliant performance by the team. Just makes me even more proud to be a gunner. The only negatives from the game, though, were Ralph's lack of concentration and the match ending too soon. :p

AFCG7

Established Member
To be fair Gio has looked good at LB for Barca.. but forget about them.
Lauren was caught out on 3 occasion which should have led to Palace goals.
Now i dont want to spoil the praise for the team by singling him out..but you cant help but feel if it was against better opposition we would have conceded a few goals from that side of the field due to a loss of concentration/positioning from Lauren.

sabret00the

Established Member
i thought we really missed ashley today and was astounded that cygan got the nod ahead of senderos, needless to say cygan only went on to show why. our worst player was without a doubt Cygan, and i felt Pires was once again anonymouse.

Checking the substitutions which i felt were too late, i also feel that Cesc really aint cut out for the wing, his passing style isn't suited to him and he wastes space, so he was no better than Pires.

I was dissapointed to see RVP get such little time i felt with half hour under his belt he could've got a goal.

It was great to see Henry and Reyes playing for eachother, i loved that and ultimately i give my MOTM award to the Spainiard.

I feel that if Cygan will continue to get the nod ahead of Senderos, i can't defend Arsène no more and we should invest in a defender, however if Senderos is the third choice i'll be happy to rely on youth for longer.

AFCG7

Established Member
By the way.. not one English player in our entire match squad today. :shock:
Look out for some sever criticism heading our way.

Mark

Established Member
This is precisely what we should be doing to most sides in the Premiership. Fantastic football, fantastic goals. Henry's were brilliant, but I think Reyes' was my favourite. Hope this can be the start of something special for him.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
By the way.. not one English player in our entire match squad today.
Look out for some sever criticism heading our way.

Yep. First time its happened in our history.

Another interesting stat is that we have gone 50 matches without getting a red card. But we won't here a word said about this obviously.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
JoseReyes29 said:
no its not at all, im sorry but you do not know what you are talking about. Fullbacks do that because they have to, what you are talking about is nothing to do with laurens bad general positioning especially from crosses.

Just watch us play and tell me the number of times Lauren goes inside to clear up sh* compared to the few times where he does go inside and the ball goes to the unmarked guy running in from his side who should be covered by our RM. We are strongest also on our left side..and unfortunately the team usually does drift to the left!!!

As someone stated he just doesn't get the same cover as Cole. i.e Today. I don't know if Pires was a RM or CM.

AFCG7

Established Member
But if Lauren knows he isnt getting cover from Pires he should be disciplined enough to concentrate on defensive positioning at all costs.There's no point overlapping or moving too far up the field if you know there wont be much cover for you when the ball is played over.

awooga83

Established Member
Great result today, alot more clinical in attack but like our previous game we haven't played a top team today and if we had we would have struggled today, as it was we struggled a bit in the first 30 minutes but the quality made the difference for us. Our defence was pretty poor today and better teams would have punished us. Our attack once again looked like it was getting back to its best not quite there yet but it will take time.

Good to see Reyes score and play well the madrid stuff seems to have had a positive effect on the pitch at least which isn;t a bad thing.

Overall a good result but the performance is still not quite back to our best and our defensive frailty was quite evident again but we at least we are becoming more clinical and getting that killler instinct back.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom