• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 11/05/05

Mark

Established Member
Apparently Vieira, Gilberto and Pires picked up knocks against Liverpool. I think it would be wise to rest all 3 for this one. Everton have 4th place wrapped up now and really have nothing to play for so maybe we can seal 2nd place once and for all with this lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Senderos Cole

Fabregas Flamini Edu Reyes

RvP Aliadiere

I don't think Wenger will do it, but that's what I'd do. Although I'd rather not have Reyes on the left after his recent run upfront. Maybe Quincy on the wing with RvP and Reyes continuing upfront, although since Ali's been making the bench ahead of Quincy recently I don't see that happening.

Whatever happens, I think it'll be a pretty comfortable win. 3-0 Arsenal with goals from RvP, Reyes and Flamini.

Gurgen

Established Member
I don't think they're out, they mere minor knocks and 1 day rest should do it. We need to start playing the team for the cup final:

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Sol Cole
Fabregas Vieira Gilberto Pires
Reyes RvP

Ridge

Re: Arsenal v Everton

Mark said:
I think it would be wise to rest all 3 for this one.

but that's what I'd do.
yeah i cant see wenger resting them but i'll do the same thing.

i think we should give the players some rest (how many more yellow cards vieira gets will be banned?). give ali a run.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
We might aswell give Toure a rest since he's played almost all our games this season plus we have a certain "rock" that can come into our defence in his place (no not you Cygan go hide in a corner)

jasonlohkh

Will it be too much for Cesc to start 2 games in 4 days?How about using quincy on the right and Sol to partner Senderos.

patrick42uk

Established Member
same team if everyone's fit. wenger sounded to me like he wants to build cup final momentum. i reckon this same team we'v had in recent weks will play that cup final. the only change, possibly, will be henry in for rvp on sunday and then for the cup final.

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
are we really gonna punish senderos for conceeding his first goal in 11 games?

No, we're going to play our best defender. At least that's what I'd do.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lehmann

Lauren Senderos Campbell Cole

Eboue Flamini Edu Reyes

Van Persie Aliadiere

Alternatively have Fabregas in for Eboue and a play a midfield 3 with the front 3 roaming around the pitch. Toure has played the most games of anyone in the Arsenal squad this season I think, so he should get a rest, and give Sol some match fitness. The last thing we need at the mo is Vieira, Gilberto and Pires getting injured, so rest them.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
are we really gonna punish senderos for conceeding his first goal in 11 games?

No, we're going to play our best defender. At least that's what I'd do.
best defender in name, but for this season on paper we've had nothing to boast about in the likes of sol, it took a rookie to come in and organise the defence, i saw him yesterday organising offside traps, making sure they push up in line with him and everything, it was amazing to watch him do his stuff. also sol's just not had a great season, iif anything his worst yet, i think the name is very blinding, i would love sol, after all i just made a thread about english but do i think he's earned a return hell no, his form's not been good enough.

Lukazan

Established Member
Wenger has stated he wants to finish the season as strong as possible, so resting key players and taking for Everton granted isn't likely IMO.

Gurgen

Established Member
His form has suffered because of constant injury. He was rushed into the Manure game and had a mare, but now it seems he's fully fit again.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
His form has suffered because of constant injury. He was rushed into the Manure game and had a mare, but now it seems he's fully fit again.
what position are you or i in to make such an assumption though? some players just have off seasons and this has been one of which for sol, i saw him interviews come back and say he's fully fit then come in and have a mare.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I really hope Ali gets a game even its a the expense of Reyes or RVP. Both players have proved their worth. and am sure they wil understand being on the bench for the likes of Ali to get good playing time. Probably Ali with DB10.

Canuck

Established Member
Would like to see Ali and Eboue start. Speed will be handy.
Everton will be looking to finish strong and won't be push-overs. I'll say 3-1 to us. Another Reyes goal, and RVP, Ali with 1 each.
I've been impressed with Arteta in his last couple matches. Very astute of Moyes to fill Gravesen's void with someone who might even bring more creativity to the team. Anyone remember whether that was a loan or a perm signing?

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom