• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 28/10/06

stuart

Established Member
My first Arsenal game since 1998 so im determined to get this posted :) i think its going to be a similar game to the villa one with everton going to be very hard to break down but i cant see them sitting back with players like arteta,cahill and johnston, i think its important that we control cahill.
i imagine the team will be :-
lehmann
hoyte
toure
djourou
gallas
hleb
fabregas
gilberto
rosicky
van persie
henry

do you think wenger will be tempted to play a 5 man midfield again? i didnt like van persie playing left wing on saturday he looked uncomfortable to me, i would be tempted to play theo but after starting tonight id be surprised!

edit: posts about streams will result in user bans. You have been warned.

Jinn

RC8

Established Member
I think we'll go with the same formation we used against Reading, as Ade is possibly out. This team is going to be a difficult one to break down, and they could get a draw if they play their cards right. However, here is me wishing another 7-0 battering.

Toker

We're at home, so i wana see 4-4-2 and try to kill the game early. The longer the game goes on for the more likely they will play for a draw.
Could be a kicking with we score early, 7-0 again would be nice.

jester

Established Member
If senderos is available i'd be tempted to give him a go, we'll need him on set pieces.
Everton will be very dangerous, but we have a good record at home against them

jarsenal_man

im going aswell havent been for a long time.I think with the form we are on i think will win.Everton have dropped slightely since they drew with Man City and im not sure how great their away forms been.Its important to keep with the same team maybe take Djourou out giw him a rest give Senderos a run.And stick with the formation.Dont mean to go off topic i know the Beast is injured but i dont know where he will play maybe take over Van Persie and revert to a 442

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Would anyone like to give Ali a start? This is not reflection on RVPs form, just curious as to whether people would like to see Jeremie given a go.

Lukazan

Established Member
Everton won't try and play football against us and they certainly won't leave any space in behind.

A toughie and I can see a frustrating affair that could end up goalless.

Seabass

I don't expect any changes from the lineup we had against Reading. I can definitely understand the hope that RvP plays up front instead of on the left. However, another point to consider is that with Robin on the wing, Rosicky can play much more centrally, and we all saw how that worked out on Sunday.

At any rate, I think we should win. I agree that suppressing Cahill will probably be the key to victory, and I see Gilberto as being a key player in this game (although when is he not?). Offensively, I think that if we're on-song, they simply won't be able to contain us.

oOTruGunNaOo

this could be a tough match, but im so confident in our play right now i think itll be a 2-0 win. I think theyll hold us for a while but well score and open up the game.

Wenger14

Established Member
Will be interesting to see if we retain the 4-5-1 formation or get back to 4-4-2. The former certainly seems to be working well for us, will we start using it regularly at home now too?

tgr

i wish i play 4-4-2 again
maybe clichy replaces djourou.but i would like to see somebody play RB instead of hoyte.
lehmann
toure--djourou--gallas--clichy
hleb--cesc--gilberto--rosicky
rvp-henry
bench:almunia,senderos,song,walcott,ali

MUTERI

Again we need to be patient, like any other team play against us they will defend, defend and defend untill we score.

An early goal will make it a thrashing.

Original_AAA

Don Pacifico said:
Would anyone like to give Ali a start? This is not reflection on RVPs form, just curious as to whether people would like to see Jeremie given a go.

Not really. I want too see more of this talented striker, but with regards too his previous injury history I think we should do our outmost too try too make sure he has a long run in training and with the reserves without any injuries hindering his development.

morpho

Established Member
I cant see a reason to change the lineup from the reading game, but it will be interesting to see if Clichy, Senderos, Aliadiere or Walcott will get a chance during the game. My bet will be Clichy, though I wouldnt mind see Aliadiere making a run...

rajkurupt

must win..i think manu have bolten...so we can get max points out of this game and manu drop some will work out perfectly...most likly the same formation against reading...with van the man dropping back to the wing..

Kimern

I think we should go with the same team as we used agains reading, and I'm pretty sure wenger will do that. Though it would be nice to see clichy coming on. My guess is he's coming on (as a left back) for djourou, and moving gallas in as central-back in the 2nd half.

I agree with Aliadere getting a chance against everton.

qs

Established Member
Im off to this one too. First game since the 49 for me.

Also my first game at Emirates is the same fixture as my first at Highbury back in 95.

Its gonna be a tough one. I wouldnt start Senderos I think Gallas and Toure would be better with Gael on the left.

Gilberto will have to do his job well for this one to keep Arteta and Cahill quiet. Hopefully Cesc can make a mug out of Carsley.

I reckon theyre a bit slow at the back so Im hoping that can give us the edge. And early goal would be nice of course.

ArsenalwithoutVieira

Lehmann
Hoyte---Gallas---Toure---Clichy

Rosicky---Fabregas---Gilberto--- Hleb

---------------Henry---------RVP----------------

Clichy will play at LB (played in Carling Cup to regain match fitness whereas Djourou played as he was now 3r or 4th choice CB)

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom