• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Hull City | 27/09/08

N!

I didn't see a match thread so i thought i'd do one.

Personally i think that we should win this coming off of the back of convincing wins against Bolton and Sheffield Utd.

Lukazan

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Hull City - Premier League - 27/09/08 - 17.30

I'd love to see Vela upfront, but it's not going to happen is it?

Should be a routine win.

dutchMasta

It's so hard to pick players now, up front anyway.
Are we still going to go with Denilson/Song/Fabregas? It works I guess, but I'd like to see 2 proper wingers. Nasri should be back after all. Both Eboue and Walcott had great games though...
But of the CMs, Fabregas deserves the drop the most, but he's undroppable. Denilson and Song have both been quality, but Song might be injured. Hull at home, I think Cesc and Den can cope.
--------------Almunia---------------
Sagna-----Toure-----Gallas----Clichy
Walcott-Fabregas---Denilson----Eboue
----------Vela-----Adebayor---------
RVP, although he's been possibly the worst, has scored 3 goals for us so far, so it's not like he deserves the drop. Bendtner and Vela have both been quality, as has Ade.
Nasri should get a game too, but if we're winning by a good margin, I'd rather bring on Wilshere or Ramsey.
With our players stepping up left-right-centre, honestly, it's good some of the players we have are out injured.

Should be fine, but you never know.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

We really are spoiled for choice up front. Ade and van Persie to keep their places though, to think that soon Eduardo will be added to our already bulging options. Nasri and Theo on the wings with Fab and Den in the center. Back five remains unchanged unless Clichy is injured in which case either Silvestere of Gibbs can slot in depending on the fitness of the potato.

I see a rout on the cards, really want to see Wilshere and Vela get good game time too.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Would love to see Djourou and Vela start, at the expense of Toure and RVP. The rest of the squad to pick itself.

Should be a routine win, but we know all about these kinds of games in the past. 3-0 to the Arsenal with Cesc finally getting on the scoresheet.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Anything less than a 3-0 win is a failure :)

hesham

Established Member

Should be an easy win, Would love to see a 433

--------------Almunia---------------
Sagna-----Touré-----Gallas----Clichy
-----Cesc-----Song-----Denilson-----
-----RvP---------Ade-------Vela---------

Not gonna happen though.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Just want goals (in the back of Hulls goal ofc), mainly because this will probably be the last game i can attend for a while :( Stupid work shifts.

Anyone know the word on Nasri? will he feature. I think Bendtner and Vela have warrented a place on the bench, also Ramsey. Also more of Song in the middle please Mr Wenger.

True Gooner

Established Member

I was taking the piss with my earlier predictions, Hull are in good form and will cause problems.

Id like to see Vela get some game time, although I think he ran himself to the ground yesterday. Wouldnt be surprised he was given a rest and came of the bench.

IBL

Established Member

Hull have done quite well for a promoted team, I can see them being surprisingly tricky to beat if we're not too careful. Definitely wont be a walkover, these are the types of games where we should get the 3 points sewn up

AFCG7

Established Member

We shouldnt regard any team as a walkover. look at Liverpool..they most likely turned up thinking they'd walk over Stoke.

Kain

Established Member

Wouldnt expect to many if any changes for CC members into the first team maybe Bendtner as he was subbed after an hour, other than that expect them to be on the bench.

Song got a slight injury aswell so he most likely wont be in the midfield which will probably mean the continual pairing of Cesc & Denilson.

Respect to what Hull have managed to achieve so far but these are usualy the games when the gulf in class becomes aparant if Wigan can smash 5 aginst them at their own ground... i can sort of understand why we would deem this a walkover, thier obvious danger man is Marlon King who didnt get to feature much for Watford in there short time in the premiership due to injury nor break into Wigans team so i cant see him being to much of a problem.

We should have a decent 11 raring to go after destroying Blackburn last week and seeing what the young guns achieved last night, would like to see Vela come on after an hour by which time we should have the game wraped up but then i could probably of said the same thing about Fulham... but 10 goals in the last 2 games you cant help but feel they are just going to keep comming! ;D

Jameel46

Established Member

people wanting Vela to start makes sense but I think that Bendtner has been in good form aswell, I say start both at the expense of VP and Ade but seeing as VP hasn't played the past 2 games he will probably start and Ade is unlikely to be dropped. and IF nasri is fit than he will probably start at the expense of Song and move to LW.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Ice Berg legend said:
Hull have done quite well for a promoted team, I can see them being surprisingly tricky to beat if we're not too careful. Definitely wont be a walkover, these are the types of games where we should get the 3 points sewn up
ehhhhhhh.. yeah, they have gotten some points, but they have beaten teams like Fulham at home (yeah, i know we lost to Fulham, but that is besides the point) and Newcastle.. the hardest team they have faced so far has been Everton who are in a massive slump... this 7th place that Hull are in right now is the highest they will be all year...

it's one thing getting results against Fulham, Newcastle and Blackburn (and lets not forget that Hull got absolutely TONKED against Wigan), its another thing to come up against the top section of teams, especially away..

personally, i see a 3-goal margin... that's my prediction.. (be it 3-0 or 4-1)

Jameel46

Established Member

seeinng as we've averaged 3 goals a game (24 in 8) this season so far, a 3-0 win should keep us on track :D

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

I think we can get a bagful of goals, but we'l need to score within the opening 15mins or so and keep at it. If we ease it off, they could prove to be like Sunderland last year.

number_0

Established Member

True Gooner said:
I was taking the piss with my earlier predictions, Hull are in good form and will cause problems.

Id like to see Vela get some game time, although I think he ran himself to the ground yesterday. Wouldnt be surprised he was given a rest and came of the bench.

I wasn't

Kain

Established Member

Might also be worth noting that we have the big CL game against Porto a few days after this game, so if we are winning by halftime expect to see a sustained lead rather than a mauling... ie your general Arsenal keep ball game.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom