• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs. Leicester City | Tue 9th Feb 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

On we go, need a seriously nice win to get the weekend out of my mind.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Not going to be too easy as against Villa.

Their defence has been awful, but with too many rumours going around Pearson's future, I assume they'll want to shut up shop and play something like 5-4-1

Hope we get to see Gabriel feature. He'll most likely come on as a sub, if the score is settled. He's certainly going to start at weekend against Boro.

Theo and Rosicky should definitely start ahead of Welbeck and Ramsey. Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger decides to also swap Bellerin with Chambers and possibly rest Giroud

------------------- Ospina ----------------
Chambers - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
------------- Coquelin ----------------
----------Rosicky --- Özil ------------
-----Walcott --- Giroud (Welbeck) --- Sanchez ----

3-1

Theo x2
Sanchez

Koscielny is due his seasonal OG methinks :)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ideal opportunity to blood Paulista. I'd swap either Kos or Per--doesn't matter who really.

Dont need Welbeck as Giroud's season has only just begun and we're at home where he's at his best.

Caz should get his AMF role back, and Özil should sit this out, allowing us to play with proper wide men.

Rosicky deserves his place over Ramsey.

.........Ospina..........
Bellerin..Kos..Paulista..Monreal
.........Coq.......Rozza........
...............Caz...............
Theo........................Alexis
..............Giroud...............

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah pretty much Jury's team.

Need a quick response here and a convincing win to forget about Sp**s winning the world cup.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would dump Santi for Özil, bring Alexis and Theo into wide spots and give Gabriel a game.

Ramsey stays too. Expecting an easy win.

Pies

Pretty much agree with above.

Alexis-Giroud-Theo
---Caz-Coq-Rosi---

No Özil, no Ramsey. I'd play Paulista as well. I wouldn't risk Alexis in this one. If he's out then I might need to think about it a bit.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The problem with Ramsey who I admit is in a bit of a trough is that defensively he's still an improvement over pretty much all our other midfielders including Rosicky and Santi.

Also he's our only genuine CM who's fit right now, his stamina and workrate are important to the team, even if his attacking play is pretty subpar right now. If Wilshere or Arteta were fit I'd probably start them over Ramsey but Santi or Rosicky leaves us far too light.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
--------------Ospina
Bellerin-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
-------------Coquelin
----------Rosicky-Cazorla
Walcott-------Giroud--------Alexis

Subs: Szczesny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ramsey, Özil, Welbeck, Akpom

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ramsey should play, perfect game for him to get in better form. One of Santi/Özil should be dropped, though, definitely don't want to see Özil on the wing.

Should be a straight forward game I think, 3-0.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leicester are in deep s**t and not performing very well so we should win this easily any drop points here will be not good enough. we should start this game just like Aston Villa attack them from first minute get a goal in first 15 minute and then control the game.

Ospina

Bellerin Mertesacker Kosh Monreal

Coq Ramsey

Walcott Cazorla Alexis

Giroud

this should be our line up please no Welbeck or Özil on the wings if Özil start then it should be in the middle replacing Cazorla. Welbeck Özil Rosicky Chambers Gibbs Paulista all can starts in the weekend against Middlesbrough in the Fa Cup.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Jasard said:
On we go, need a seriously nice win to get the weekend out of my mind.
St. Totteringham's Day would get this weekend out of my mind. This match needs to be the start of a win streak so we can laugh at them again asap.

Pies

Rex Banner said:
The problem with Ramsey who I admit is in a bit of a trough is that defensively he's still an improvement over pretty much all our other midfielders including Rosicky and Santi.

Also he's our only genuine CM who's fit right now, his stamina and workrate are important to the team, even if his attacking play is pretty subpar right now. If Wilshere or Arteta were fit I'd probably start them over Ramsey but Santi or Rosicky leaves us far too light.

That midfield (Caz-Coq-Roz) played just fine without Ramsey, don't see why it wouldn't work in this one. Personally think Ramsey strains our midfield at times. His positional sense is awful at present and leaves us exposed or open, forcing the rest of our midfield to compensate. Rosicky was excellent at keeping the ball and but was as important with keeping our shape I felt. Granted this is Ramsey's place and Rosicky can't go every match anyway, but think we were playing some of the best football we have this season with the Caz-Coq-Rosi midfield.

You're probably right that Ramsey will start this one. Even in that City match he made me nervous, we made it through but still makes me nervous at times. Hopefully he can develop a better positional sense, although that's easier said than done.

cannonade

Established Member
We know which way Wenger swims with the Ramsey v Rosicky choice. The more intriguing question is Özil, Alexis and Cazorla. They all can't, or shouldn't play together, so who will he leave out ?? Personally, Alexis starts, and I don't care between Özil and Cazorla. Either can do the job. Would love to see Gabriel start.

MrBump

Ramsey needs to be dropped.
OZILn the middle with coq and caz/rosicky.
Theo,Sanchez wide
Gabriel gets 30 mins

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'd like a few things to happen, one I'd like to see Gabriel given a start, he'll need minutes and this is an ideal game to give him a feel for the league. Two I wanna finally see the Alexis and Theo wide pairing, three I think we should rest Santi who's played a lot of football and finally I want to see Özil at CAM, so he can continue his good form.

I'd go;

----------Ospina
Bellerin-Kos--Mert-Monreal
-----Ramsey---Coquelin
Walcott---Özil---Sanchez
----------Giroud

Subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Santi, Welbeck.

Easy win, 4-0.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Özil has to start in his goal scoring form, Alexis has to start and really Cazorla should after his recent form too. But can they work together?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I really would like to see the combination of the attacking midfield trio of Özil, Alexis and Walcott start out of curiosity to see how they play together rather than anything negative on Cazorla's part. Ramsey has deserved to be dropped from the first team for quite sometime and I would like to see it but I doubt Wenger will do it. Also a good game for Gabriel to make his debut. I would like to see the following team:

---------Ospina--------
Bellerin-Kos--Gabriel-Monreal
-----Rosicky---Coquelin
Walcott---Özil---Alexis
----------Giroud

ScotVieira

Established Member
Pies said:
Rex Banner said:

That midfield (Caz-Coq-Roz) played just fine without Ramsey, don't see why it wouldn't work in this one. Personally think Ramsey strains our midfield at times. His positional sense is awful at present and leaves us exposed or open, forcing the rest of our midfield to compensate. Rosicky was excellent at keeping the ball and but was as important with keeping our shape I felt. Granted this is Ramsey's place and Rosicky can't go every match anyway, but think we were playing some of the best football we have this season with the Caz-Coq-Rosi midfield.

You're probably right that Ramsey will start this one. Even in that City match he made me nervous, we made it through but still makes me nervous at times. Hopefully he can develop a better positional sense, although that's easier said than done.
Ramsey has been that way all season to be honest.
I'm beginning to think his only useful moments are the times he scores goals hence his desperation to get among the goals. There is so much talk about his energy level, which seems to be high. However, what is the point of his energy level if he is always in poor positions defensively, especially as he isn't full of speed?

I know Wenger will keep playing him anyway hoping for him to find form and I hope he finds his scoring form quick enough.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Mitch said:
I really would like to see the combination of the attacking midfield trio of Özil, Alexis and Walcott start out of curiosity to see how they play together rather than anything negative on Cazorla's part. Ramsey has deserved to be dropped from the first team for quite sometime and I would like to see it but I doubt Wenger will do it. Also a good game for Gabriel to make his debut. I would like to see the following team:

---------Ospina--------
Bellerin-Kos--Gabriel-Monreal
-----Rosicky---Coquelin
Walcott---Özil---Alexis
----------Giroud
As good as this looks, it is a defensive nightmare. Walcott is not good at helping defensively, neither is Özil. It will leave Bellerin completely exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom