• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 08/05/05

Tony Montana

Established Member
I just wanted to start a topic on the upcoming game on Sunday. What are your thoughts, will we win? A mate who supports Liverpool thinks they will win but they have a poor away record. He also said Henry always goesmissing in the big games but that's bollocks. I could explain why but this is not the place. I guess he was on a high after Tuesday. Now that Liverpool won't be in the Champions' League next year if they don't finish fourth, they will be battling hard but i still think we can beat them. Revenge for earlier this season!

sabret00the

Established Member
it's gonna be a very hard game, their gonna play outta their skin as they have lost everything and have everything to gain in winning the rest of their games for the season. though i still think we'll win, hopefully we'll go back to

lauren toure phil cole

pires gil vieira reyes

rvp ali

as i think speed is the way to exploit them, they would love a slow game and would love a game though in midfield even more.

kanuuu

Established Member
I think we'll win. Liverpool are often ****e away from home, and have been generally crap in the Premiership this season, and have never won after a champions league game( i think), plus our players want revenge after fat Gerrards goal at Anfield. We're also looking very solid at the moment and i fancy us keepin another clean sheet. We may lack a bit of cutting edge though without Henry because their defence is very strong.

1-0 Reyes.

Lehamnn

Lauren Toure Phil Cole

Cesc Gilberto Vieira Pires

RvP Reyes

koivu

I am also fairly confident but it won't be easy. Here's hoping for another clean sheet and a RvP winner.

Mark

Established Member
Wouldn't surprise me if Henry went missing in this game...as he won't be playing...

Anyway, I'd stick with the same lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Senderos Cole

Fabregas Vieira Gilberto Pires

RvP Reyes

Tough game to predict. Liverpool have been amazingly inconsistent this season and after such a high earlier in the week, their form this season means they should lose to us, but then again they're now more desperate than ever for that CL place.

Meh. I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat them on our current form. I reckon it'll be 2-0. A double from RvP.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Same team as in the last two games only Edu on the left, Pires on the right and Fabregas on the bench please.

Liverpool fans are ****ing me off with their sudden return to overwhelming arrogance that has characterised Man Utd fans for the last 10 years and Chelsea fans for the last 10 seconds, so fingers crossed we royally stuff them. We need revenge for the loss at Anfield.

tazmatic

Id like to see Edu start this one, if not same team against West Brom would do, also would be nice if Sol could get some action in the game.

2-0 Reyes, Pires

brianfrance

Established Member
Lehmann
Lauren Kolo Phil Cole
Cesc Vieira Gilberto Bobby
RvP Reyes

If we lead by 2 goals advantage with 15 minutes to go, then I'd give Ali and Quincy a chance...and flamini a few minutes for his return..but i'm not arsène

My prediction : 2-1, Bobby, and big Phil for his first of the season! :)

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann
lauren-senderos-toure-cole
pires-vieira-gilberto-edu
reyes-van persie

i think campbell should get a few mins of football as well. he needs to play some football before the cup final...

hesham

Established Member
I think this is gona be a big game for our forwards.. Reyes and RVP have a bit bit of form in the last couple of games and no were up against a team that defends really well.. the Russian **** with there multi million might couldnt break'em lets see if our youngsters can :)

asajoseph

Established Member
Stefano said:
brianfrance said:
And I forgot, NO EDU PLEASE !
What's wrong with Edu?

Suspect it's not that there's something wrong with Edu, just that he's leaving and doesn't deserve to play.

I'd stick him on the left though - think Fabregas needs a rest, so play Bobby on the right and Edu on the left, with Gilberto and Paddy in the middle.

Aussie

Established Member
Stefano said:
brianfrance said:
And I forgot, NO EDU PLEASE !
What's wrong with Edu?

The fact that he has said he dosent want to play for us anymore? Whats the point in playing him? He's a class act but we have youngsters who are commited to the club and they need to play ahead of him now.

Arsenal 5
Liverpool 0

RVP 5

Makes sense to me. :p

asajoseph

Established Member
Lol...

I have to say, I think getting the result is the most important thing - realistically, we wing on sunday and we've got 2nd sewn up. If Fabregas is tired, we can't just keep sticking him in anyway, and the only other player in the entire squad who plays RM is Bobby. If we had Bentley or Freddie fit, or if Eboue was ready for some first team action maybe they could slot in, but I think that playing Edu as a LM is probably our best bet.

Still, it's up for Arsène to judge - maybe Cesc'll be ready for another 90 mins...

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I like your thinking Aussie....that makes sense to me!

Although I think we will beat Liverpool, I dont think it'll be by 5 goals to nil, no matter how much I want it to be so. Liverpool have really struggled numerous times in the Premiership this season away from home, andcoming to Highbury will be the last thing they would want to do after a draining match against Chelsea.

I'd like to see the following line-up -

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Senderos Cole

Pires Gilberto Vieira Edu

van Persie Reyes

I know everyone thinks Edu shouldnt start because he isnt dedicated to the team, but I think the present, at the moment, is more important than the future. I'd rather play Edu and guarentee 2nd then lose 2nd to Manchester United and play Fabregas a bit more. Everytime Edu has come on, we, or atleast I, have seen a better performance.

I know Wenger will play Fabregas, but I'd like to see Edu. We could almost play a 4-3-3 with Vieira, Gilberto and Edu middle 3 with van Persie playing the holding striker and Reyes and Pires running off him. Wenger does prefer his 4-4-2, but I can see the 4-3-3 happening.

****, aslong as we win, I dont care what line-up goes out on the pitch!

Arsenal 3 - 1 Liverpool

van Persie '33
Pires '42
Reyes '75

efurze

With Liverpool's recent defensive form I don't see us scoring without Henry. I expect a relatively dull defensive game with hard-hitting midfield play. Pat and Gil will need to work hard to control StevieG and Xabi. Prediction: 0-0.

Hopefully Sol will start at the back. Edu should definitely start on the left, Pires on the right.

Gooner83

Pires has been someone who always scores against Liverpool, they are probably feeling the strain and their league form is disgraceful (1-0 to Palace last week)

Persie and Reyes should be able to dominate their slow defence.

Senderos has been an absolute rock winning man of the matches on numerous occasions and deserves his place the rest of the season.

Campbell has already proven that coming back rusty costs us as hes no where near at the level we need him to be against a decent team like Liverpool.

kel varnsen

Established Member
liverpool are physically and mentally exhausted after the semi final. i think this will be an easy win; 4-1 to the arsenal! :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom