• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

Uri

Well, after last night great performence against Madrid I think the game vs Liverpool next Sunday is extremly important.
We will not sieze the 2nd place, that's true, maybe not even the 3rd, but this game will let everybody know if our team are to keep on the way they looked against Madrid, or are they going to get back to what we've become used to see in the EPL.

I think we must go and attack, must look for a win as if Liverpool were a mid-table side, this way we could show ourself and everybody else that we're back.

If Robin is fit I'd like him to play, if he is not, the same line-up as we had vs Real works for me here two... I think Hleb must play, he starts to be the player we bought in the summer again.

share your thoughts

jacc_7_1

I will think that wenger most prob will bring adebayor back into the team for sunday match. therefore the only change i think should be made will be putting reyes on the bench.

jacc_7_1

Freddie and helb are playing some of their best football this season so they will be hard to drop so therefore the best will be to put reyes on the bench and bring him on later for helb.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'd like to see:

Jens
Eboue Toure Phil Flamini
Hleb Diaby Gilberto Ljungberg
Reyes Henry

Legend#1

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I'd like to see:

Jens
Eboue Toure Phil Flamini
Reyes Henry

RvP should be on the bench for this 1.

Diaby and Gilberto are a must against Liverpool's midfield.

gunner_down_under

Freddie should definitely play, as someone else said, if there needs to be a change, I would like to see Ade or Robin replace Reyes.....he could always be a super-sub for us and cause some problems for the Liverpool defence later on with his pace!....Hleb SHOULD start!

eddie_wills

Gurgen said:
I'd like to see:

Jens
Eboue Toure Phil Flamini
Reyes Henry

me too, although given that Ade scored last week he may well start. Not sure about Cesc or Diaby either, I'll give it some thought.

Anyway, I think we'll win 2-1.

Army of Me

Established Member
i'm pretty nervous about this match, I just can't see us winning it. despite liverpool being in some sort of goal crisis, they're still really ****ing dangerous going forward, and depending which arsenal team turn up, we could very well see yet another dismal post-good-performance performance!

i'm hoping we stick with the same team as yesterday and we play like we did yesterday!!! too many times we play this 4-5-1 and we never make any impact in the premiership because we're too afraid to venture forward in numbers for fear of leaving us short at the back.

so... ummm, i have no idea what to expect.

**** it, we'll win 3-0 ;)

non flying dutchman

I can see us putting on a show in this game, liverpool are going to be hurting after last night and we'll be on cloud nine, we've got the belief in the team again as you saw against fulham and madrid, it's what we've been missing all season.

My lineup would be

God (Lehmann)

Eboue Toure Senderos Flamini

Ljungberg Cesc Gilberto Reyes

Henry Bergkamp

Subs: Van Persie, Djourou, Almunia, Hleb, Pires

What's the situation with campbell? the last I heard before the game in spain, was he needed a week to get his fitness up and a week to train with the boys, and it's now been two weeks so surely he should be close???

Meek

we have to win. no matter what. liverpool have a lot of probs up front, so we must take advantage of this and finish off any chances we get.

My lineup

Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Hleb, Diaby, Gilberto, Ljunberg, Reyes, Henry

Subs: Almunia, Djourou, Fabregas, Pires & Adebayor

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I'd like to see:

Jens
Eboue Toure Phil Flamini
Reyes Henry

i disagree. cesc has to start. diaby is a talented player, but he really doesn't offer anything to the team right now. neither defensively nor going forward. he doesn't close down players and he holds on to the ball way too long.

kanooo

As excited as most of you are, after dumping Madrid yesterday, I'm still very much concerned about our finishing...

We really could have scored at least 2 yesterday, but we still couldn't. It's annoying, really.

Lucky that Madrid didn't punish us (especially with that Raul - hitting the post incident).

But Liverpool are even worse at the moment with their 4 lousy strikers. Hopefully, they will not choose this game to score goals.

I am quite confident though ATM - that we can get a win on Sunday.

Mckenna

It all depends on how much confidence we can bring back to the Premiership from Europe. Last time out we couldn't. The only factor which might suggest otherwise is that Liverpool are probably more drained than we are, having been knocked out after an enormous effort.

RvP has got to get some involvement soon, we need his incisive finishing. Some of those balls of Hleb's are made for him to feed off, that was the only thing we strictly lacked against Madrid was the out and out striker that is Van Persie. I expect either Ade or Bergkamp to start against Liverpool with Henry. I suspect Diaby may play simply because he'll be fresh. Hleb and Ljungberg/Reyes on the wings along with Gilberto in the middle.

I feel better about this one than I did about the last one. More things are going our way now. However Liverpool will still be dangerous, wounded animals always are, and as such, we must treat this game with caution because otherwise it could be back to square one again in the Premiership.

Gooner_Girl

If hyypia's out i think we can beat them with quite an amount but i'm sure they'd bounce back. A must win game but still can't predict how we'll be like anymore. I reckon a score draw but if we score at least 2 goals, definetly a win.
3-1- henry 2x n RVP

Lukazan

Established Member
This is going to be a massive game, win it and it could be the push we need to go on and get that 4th spot and who knows, MAYBE 3rd?

Liverpool will be on a down while we will be on an all time high, and with the game being at Highbury we should be looking to win this one.

My line-up would be,

______________Lehmann

Eboue_____Toure_____Senderos_____Flamini

Hleb_______Fabregas___Gilberto_____Ljungberg

__________Adebayor_____Henry

Or perhaps even 4-5-1 like we played against Real Madrid? With Reyes, Ljungberg and Hleb supporting Henry enough it DOES work well....

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom