• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 04/01/05

Josjos

I can't believe the people saying that it's all Chelsea's title, they are def in a good position, no doubt about it, but I reckon come February/March, when they got a fixture pile up, one bad result can send them into freefall, just like us last season till Terry henry's hatrick against Liverpool. Someone said Chelsea are mentally strong, how do you know that ? what are you basing that on? the win of Middlesborough, pah, I think if chelsea come up against Milan or a team that plays like them they'll have a hard time, they rely on pace like us to get their goals and teams will start playing really deep to prevent them getting in behind and they'll struggle. anyway, although the signs don't look good for us winning the title, (drawing with West Brom, liverpool last minute) I just can't see Chelsea winning it, they haven't got a world class player in their team, maybe Robben could be, but he needs to do it for longer, and don't talk about Fat Lampard, most overrated player in the world, and he's fat.

Vieira's been blowing hot and cold recently, we need him to come good soon, he needs to lead he team

Josjos

and another thing, 7 points behind, if we win the next game and Chelsea lose it's 4 points, doesn't have to be the next game, but it's feasible and if it happens that's more pressure on Chelski.

There shouldn't be the panic i can sense on this forum, probably will end up getting transmitted to the players via the fans at the stadium, we need to get behind the team and cheer them on to the title, not sit there and watch to see if they can do something about themselves and then decide to cheer.

arsenal98 said:
The 20 mill or so S W-P is worth is just about what his goal cost us come end of season.
F**kin PV, passed the ball straight to him, unbelievable. My hero.......

I think 20mill for him would be a bargain.......

jasonlohkh

I have the feeling that Chelsea wont win PL this season. Just a strange feeling that they will go down to history as the most expensive assembly side that never win PL.

zodos

jasonlohkh said:
I have the feeling that Chelsea wont win PL this season. Just a strange feeling that they will go down to history as the most expensive assembly side that never win PL.
How sweet that would be!

zodos

Had Vieira left for Real Madrid and we were going through this patch, everyone would be unanimous in attributing it to his absence. In a bizarre way, they can rightly say so now!

beyondforever

i want to make a point here. wenger and ferguson recently said a few times that chelsea may drop points, they have to go the north and face those teams and may lose points blah blah blah. The problem is we are the one who are dropping points and they didn't. They won all their 4 recent games and we didn't. So who's the one who are dropping points now??? we should shut up and focus on winning games and not losing more points and not blowing our big mouth saying that they may drop points, they never encountered such situation before, they have never become EPL champion before etc. I mean what is the point of chelsea dropping points if we dropping points too???? The pressure is really on us now, not on them. We have difficulties winning games consistently ever since we lose that unbeaten record but they didn't. Wenger should keep his mouth shut and do his talking on the pitch. It's more important for us to keep getting 3 points and not losing or drawing than them dropping points. If in the end chelsea really wins, jose will laugh at both ferguson and wenger for keep saying they may lose points etc.

Spike

Established Member
I'm sorry to say this, but that was an absolute disgraceful match.

We just did not function, the ball was lost in the midfield nearly all the way though the match.

Almunia - Only had couple of shots to save, but done pretty well.
Hoyte - Was out-muscled by the stronger players leading to him loosing the ball
Sendoros - Looked edgy, gave the ball away a couple of times, didn't look confortable
Toure - Made some good interceptions, but not fantastic
Cole - No mistakes stood out, had an alright game
Ljungberg - Very quiet in the first half, had a decent second half
Vieira - Kept giving away the ball, City's goal is his fault, he made some decent tackles but his overall performance was poor
Fabregas - Also poor, kept passing the ball to the City players
Pires - Was ineffective, stayed back and never really provided any attacking play
Persie - Never had much of the ball, made some great shots on target but that is pretty much it
Henry - Had a couple of chances, but lost out to the defenders

The players kept passing the ball to the City players and were caught in possesion many times, it was so bad, the fans had to shout "MAN ON!!!" to the players.

Also, why were the defenders playing long balls up the field to the strikers? We're not Everton, and everytime we played a ball up, the City defenders got their head to the ball first, as we have nobody up front who can head the ball. Although Henry did get a couple of flicks on.

Pennant Vieira Pires Ljungberg as the midfield in the second half, surely that won't help, as the players aren't used to their teamates in those position.

We played better in the second half, but we didn't create anything. From the way we were playing, I really thought we were going to lose it. But at the end of the day, a draw is better than a loss.

beyondforever

yeah one wonders why we keep passing the balls to their players? are we so tired that we can't see they are wearing arsenal shirts???? or are we under pressure or filled with fears that even if we win this game chelsea may win too???

the dawn raids

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Don't agrre both Cesc and Vieira were equally poor yesterday!

cesc started just as poor, but he really had a much better second half; he was really playing better when he came off. why you'd take him off then Ive no idea.

jasonlohkh

since pires is off form why not move ljunberg to left and pennant to the right.i think pennant does made an impact in the match

lee1001

Established Member
Spike said:
Sendoros - Looked edgy, gave the ball away a couple of times, didn't look confortable.

A bit harsh, it was his first prem start and im sure any player would look 'edgy' in that circumstance. He looked solid and i thought a good performance. SOl is our best defender yet gives the ball away as much as any player.

Spike said:
Fabregas - Also poor, kept passing the ball to the City players.

I think fatigue is finaly starting to affect his game. With Gilberto out and Edu off, we MUST bring in midfield cover.

Spike said:
Also, why were the defenders playing long balls up the field to the strikers? We're not Everton, and everytime we played a ball up, the City defenders got their head to the ball first, as we have nobody up front who can head the ball. Although Henry did get a couple of flicks on.

Exactly why Wenger said he never wants a target man to play upfront for Arsenal. It Provokes the long ball game and when our players are under pressure like at the mo with Chelsea ahead of us by 7 points the first thing to go is our one touch passing game, which is why we need a plan B. Unfortunatly Wenger hasn't come up with one in all his time at the club.
Maybe our players see that V Persie has a good head and so hope he can do something with the long ball. Plus we have scored two goal recently from long balls. Henry v Chelsea and RVP v Charlton. Maybe the players think we can do it again.

Just watched the highlights again. Apart from an early Fowler shot and a wondergoal that SWP had no right to score from, City created nothing! Yet we had plenty of chances. We should have won that game!

bobbypires

Established Member
I'm very disappointed. The first half was horrible. The 2nd one, we did it better, but it wasn't enough. Dunne was fantastic.

I'm sure of one thing. We're gonna win the Premiership.

bobbypires

Established Member
I always believe in the boys.

It's very difficult, but not impossible. 16 games are a lot. We've got time.

I'm always optimistic.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
bobbypires said:
I always believe in the boys.

It's very difficult, but not impossible. 16 games are a lot. We've got time.

I'm always optimistic.
thats a great attitude to have and realistic too. It is not impossible, we just have to have faith in our boys.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Back
Top Bottom