• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 22/10/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 434
  • Views 14,331
A

Anonymous

Vital game in the premiership for us, forget Chelsea for the timebeing lets catch Sp**s by derbyday. With Sol and Thierry back we will be strong but Pearce has done well making City into a solid team home and away.

If Reyes is out with the broken rib a place on the wing is avaliable for Eboue, Quincy or Flamini. I still want to see Quincy have a full game.

Players confirmed out - Cole, Hleb, Freddie + Reyes?

Lets give Thierry a huge thankyou and convince him to stay! How about singing his song for the whole match :D

yoinkster

party time at highbury for Henry.
who's going to bring banners and flags ???
Should be a good atmosphere and that should at least help the players, squeeky 1-0 I'd say.
And a suprise appearance from Ian Wright.

A

Anonymous

GoonerGurjit said:
lol you're so eager to talk about the next game already.

Why not, with Thierry back I cant wait :)

RammiXP

Looking forward to the game.

I think we have to show a bit of grit as Man City are playing better than Sparta Prague. We have to focus on making sure we control the midfield in my oppinon over a side that in Barton and Reyna have a midfield pair working very well together. If we can control those 2 then we can get some good moves going and hopefully get a few goals.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Sol should be back in team even though Cygan played alright tonight he seems to be more suited to the Champions League game than the quicker Premiership game.

brianfrance

Established Member
I was very optimistic after the win 7-0 over toffees last season, henry came back and on song. We all know how it ended...

Before being optimistic, I want to be sure henry was not rushed, and will be fit to face city.

Ricky_AFC

Sol and Henry playing together for arsenal! If that is the case for Man City then wow how great will that be, its been too long. Be nice to see imo our 2 most important players back in the line up.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
It would be nice if one of our midfielders sprung back to life for the game since we've been depleted in that department. We need to let Quincy have a go on the flanks so Fabregas can play more centrally without having to cover the right wing aswell! Or we could call back Ryan Smith and let him have a go?

Lukazan

Established Member
Assuming nothing happens to Henry in the week I think this could be a big win for us.

Yes Man City are playing very well but I think Henry being back will be a HUGE lift to the whole team despite all of our injuries.

3-1.

Army of Me

Established Member
i expect more of a fight from man city than we got from sparta tonight, henry back but reyes injured, hopefully we didnt rush henry too much and he'll be ok, if we have to start with RVP and Pires up front we're ****ed.

im going to wait for team news and only make a prediction about an hour before kick off, the way our lucks been this season it would surprise me if henry aggravated his injury tonight.

JazzG

Established Member
Reckon should start with Henry on the bench, no point risking him.

patrick42uk said:
last year, dunne shackled henry. good thing he's injured

Dunne has this habit of pulling out these legendary performances in these kind of matches, sometimes looks a plonker but then will put in a Franco Baresi like performance....

IBL

Established Member
I'm gonna be there, cant wait!

Should be a lively atmosphere hopefully in tribute to the new goal king of Arsenal. Man City are in good form at the moment so it'll be a tough match. We have a 100% record at Highbury so far this season so I'm confident we can continue our winning ways especially with our main man back.

A

Anonymous

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Senderos Cole

Quincy Silva Fabregas Pires

Bergkamp Henry

jeromelee

Going to be a tough tough game. tight win 2-1 at most. You're right, Barton and Reyna really doing well.

choi12911

-----------------Lehmann----------------

Lauren----Toure----Campbell----Clichy

Cesc------Silva------Flamini------Quincy

---------Bergkamp----Van Persie-------

Bench: Pires, Henry, Senderos, Eboue, Alumnia, Song

_scorpion_

Established Member
Your having a laugh if you think Henry will sit on the bench if he is fit.

And how Lauren gets dropped from teams for no apparant reason should be the 8th wonder of the world!

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy
Flamini Gilberto Cesc Pires
RVP Henry

Note: As much as i would love to see Quincy start ahead of Pires, there is no way Wenger will do that. I've come to the conclusion that Pires is so invisible that Wenger doesnt see him no more!

ccc

choi12911 said:
-----------------Lehmann----------------

Lauren----Toure----Campbell----Clichy

Cesc------Silva------Flamini------Quincy

---------Bergkamp----Van Persie-------

Bench: Pires, Henry, Senderos, Eboue, Alumnia, Song

since henry' returned, I prefer to play pires in start 11.

this is a must win game (compare to yesterday's game). we haven't lost 1 point in our home game this season, wish we could hold the record as long as possible

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom