• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | 18/11/06

go49oner

Established Member
Alright , Many expect an Arsenal win , especially if we want to have any chance of bringing the EPL title back to where it belongs , its a crucial game for both teams and Newcastle will put us under pressure to stop us from playing our slick football . This will be a difficult test and will test the mental strength of both teams players.

Newcastle have been on bad form in the league of late and pressure is mounting on there shoulders ,and there managers , they will want this as bad as Arsenal , we may get a bit to casual causing sloppy passes and Toon counters . After beating Liverpool 3-0 , Arsenals confidence will be sky high and strikers confidence will be even higher to get a goal instead of letting the defenders doing the work

Newcastle have some great individual players such as Duff and Dyer who has recently returned to the squad from injury and impressed on hes return match against S Utd , if Toon was to get anything out of the game it would most likely be from individual skill or a set peice , will find it hard to break down Arsenals what seems world class defence now with possibly the best "RB/CB/CB" partnership in the EPLl , with Clichy stepping into the squad lately and performing well , Arsenals defence is looking very strong . Arsenal i would expect to dominate possession as usual and create many chances ,normaly not converting most of the great chances but against liverpool we got our heads sorted out and nearly acheived a 3-0 win with 100% shot accuracy , our tight quick passing could prove to be the key to an Arsenal win against an un-organized Newcastle defence that has made the opposition's day much easier by defence errors and lapse in concentration , now Toon has lost there greatest player due to an unfortunate injury , shay given who would normally be the teams saviour if the scraped a result from a top team.

Its still quite early for anyone to predict a definite formation and line-up but im going to have an early guess that rosicky will be back to full fitness after suffering an injury just before the Pool match that rules him out for a suspected 10 days , also RVP will be suspended for this match due to 5 yellow cards so that will give Adebayor or even Aliadier to make there mark , Aliadier's time at Arsenal is running out and its a perfect time for him to claim hes worth it , been putting in some great performances for the reserves , lets hope he can do this in the EPL . Back four should be same as against Liverpool and also with Almunia in goal , deserving hes place with a solid performance against Liverpool , Wenger could opt for the 4-5-1 formation as played against Pool but now that RVP is out , it could make it harder unless Theo Walcott can be given a start in the same role that RVP played against Liverpool.

Suspected Line-Up:

----------------Almunia----------------
--Eboue---Touré------Gallas----Clichy--
-Hleb*---Cesc---Gilberto----Rosicky/Flamini
-----------Adebayor----------------------
---------------------------Henry-©-------------

* = Key Player

Against Liverpool most of out best attacks came from down the right side , from the wonderfull team play between Eboue and Hleb , Hleb often wins us free kicks in great areas and also loves to cut inside from the righ to the middle using hes great dribbling skills , Hleb has only started finding hes top form as what was seen when he was at Stutggart , hes become our most consistent performer over the last month without any praise and i thought this is time to give him the praise.

A Saturday 3:00 o'clock GMT kick-off , not on TV unless on Prem Plus , must be looking for a stream for this match , looking forward too it already and im confident of 3 points which i havnt been for a while , expecting a dominant performance again this week , my very detailed prediction is 3-0 , Henry x2 , one penalty , Fabregas with one , looking for a craig moore Red Card also

Thoughts?

stuart

Established Member
i dont think rvp is suspended, i think it said on sky he misses bolton away, i hope he isn't because his wife is having a baby tomorrow which means he will probably score! :) it seems the thing to do!

back on track i think we should win this game espescially after the win on saturday, i agree with exactly what you have said about newcastles tactics but lets hope we can get henry scoring and have another good win!

i think rosicky is definately out but i haven't heard how jens' throat is coming along!

Alfonso

Established Member
Dont underestimate Newcastle. They have a good midfield.They beat Palemro away, who are top of Seria A. They are better than Everton imo.

Lukazan

Established Member
The chips are really down for Newcastle and EVERYONE is on their backs. So............................ a perfect opportunity for them to raise their game tenfold and play a blinder against us, typically. :roll: :roll:

I still think we'll win, 2-0, but it won't be easy, I can almost guarantee that.

And I'd love to see 4-4-2 with Henry and RVP up top. RVP could have a child by then, so he's bound to score :) and Adebayor will have a good chance of starting against Bolton with RVP's suspension, although I wouldn't rule out Adebayor riding pine and Flamini being included.

famous no 10

Established Member
But their defence absolutely sucks, so even if they "raise their game" I think we'll win this one quite easily

3-0

Seabass

These are the games I hate. The opponent is under-performing, and we're widely expected to win. I'd definitely prefer to be the underdog. I have a bad feeling about the game, but I do think we'll win, hopefully by a decent margin too.

nidza7

Established Member
It can`t happen every time -teams come to Emirates refuse to attack, get the draw.So I guess we`ll pick 3 points here.We`ve learn something aren`t we?

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I thought Flamini did alright in Rosicky's place. Certainly wouldn't be adverse to seeing him there again.

Another 3-0.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Newcastle were abysmal against Man City they posed no attacking threat for 89 minutes.Ameobi needs surgery, so he is basically useless for them, so unless Martins is back, they only have Rossi and Sibierski as their only fit forwards. Emre is suspended but Dyer is back (atleast until friday when he gets injured again). on top of that their defence is a complete shambles. i can see a comfortable 3-0 win.

JazzG

Established Member
If we don't batter this rubbish team then we truly are not worthy of going for the title, on paper a good team but they don't play well together and their defence it shocking.

lagos

Established Member
Easy win 4-0

like i said before No strikers, sh*te defence, no Shay Given

I don't care what peolple say about "raising their game" if we can't score al least 3 I'll be extremely dissapointed. This is a match made for 442 only a poor formation by us can screw this up!

PS: "raising their game" is the reason the score will not enter double figures :)

The_byrne

anybody who saw newcastle on saturday must expect an arsenal win. They have no strikers, an aweful defense and un underachieving midfield. The only reason we haven't thumped them in ALL our recent games is given and he is out. They have NO fit strikers, so will probably play 4-5-1, but with a poor defense, lazy midfield and no outlet it won't work.

They have a long journey, and will come expecting to lose. Before anybody says they may up their game, they were ripped to shreds by united at OT.

Borth teams to name unchanged line-ups, and arsenal to win 5-0

marco

for what they did to us at st james park last yeat 7-0 to the boys in red and white,
no mercy and lets see that **** shearer on match of the day depressed.
what a ****** he really is

otfgoon

Established Member
Newcastle have always caused us problems in the past I while I doubt that will be the case this time a very close game would not surprise me in the slightest. Thats said I cant see where Newcastles goals are going to come from and if we manage to combine the team performance of CSKA and the ruthlessness of the Liverpool game then It may well be a big scoreline.

Still, i'm going to go for a 1-0

vanderguy

If we cant thrash newcastle then we can all stop talking about the premiership, I would like to see flamini continue in the center midfield so he can show that his liverpool performance was not a fluke, I would also like to see henry at the end of our attacking plays, we cant allow newcastle to score first because we all know what is going to happen after that.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom