• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 23/01/05

tbbosa

Great all round work....Manure here we come, Vieira was MOTM. We should try the 5 man midfield with Cesc, Vieria, Flamini, Reyes/Ljunberg and Pires against the mancs!!

Sammer

Established Member
sabret00the said:
i felt everyone had a great game, but pires still failed to impress me :(

true for most of the first half. But he made a great impact in the 2nd half and nearly scored twice, while making some great technical dribbling runs.

Isragooner

tbbosa said:
Great all round work....Manure here we come, Vieira was MOTM. We should try the 5 man midfield with Cesc, Vieria, Flamini, Reyes/Ljunberg and Pires against the mancs!!

and drop henry or bergy?!

JazzG

Established Member
As the game became stretched Reyes improved, you could just see his confidence was coming back and that was great to see, he taking people on and his passing/crossing was becoming more accurate.

In attack though Bergkamp was quite superb at times, so many of our attacks went through him, he faded abit right at the end but he was just brilliant yesterday. Him and Vieira on song gave the whole team a lift and everyone seemed to step it up a notch.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
reyes was better today. i have to admit i was getting worried about him and whether he could cut it in this league. he showed glimpses of what he can do which gives a bit of hope. all he needs now is a bit of consistency and that will come when he improves his decision making. as for vieira, you cannot fault that performance. he was immense which is one of the reasons we looked so good today. when vieira plays well arsenal well, and that is worth the gamble of not shipping him off to madrid.

Regarding Reyes, was anyone else impressed by the quality of his crosses during the game. I have been rather impressed by it this season mainly before he had a dip in form. As Patrick said if he can be consistent he will defiantley contribute one way or another.

Overall it was a good committed performance by the side. Vieira was immense and if he can consistently perform like that then the team is only going to benefit. Once he gets going the others raise their performances. Credit to the likes of Pires, Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp and Flamini who ran his arse off.

The best thing was the effort and commitment shown, something that upset me against Bolton. If we play like that all the time we won't drop many points. Pity we found Shay Given in World Class form.

Ratinho

Established Member
More than anything, I was impressed that Reyes sees (or has been told, either way) that there is no point slinging in high crosses for an Arsenal side.

He was putting in quality probing balls, whipping them around the first man or drilling them in along the ground, which is the best thing possible for our side, especially with no Gilberto breaking into the box.

Sammer

Established Member
Reyes was awesome yesterday - especially the way him and Henry connected was great to see !

His short passing was superb, his long-high-passing a bit suspect, but the way he dribbled and took on on-on-ones was amazing compared to the last games.

icreaser

Flamini was awesome yesterday, and it was the main reason why vieira was back to his brilliant best, he was able to just do his job rather than filling in all the spaces that cesc leaves open, i'm not trying to say cesc is a bad player but he's too inexperienced and has been our downfall the past few weeks.
Just hope wenger noticed that cause flamini doesn't deserve to be dropped after putting in a performance like that.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I can't see how Arsène would go with anything other than Matty and Paddy against the dirty mancs. If he plays Cesc from the start we'll deserve everything we get.

jester

Established Member
flamini has that grit and determination we've missed - kind of a parlour type tackler.
only thing i couldnt understand was the lack of subs. at 70minutes we weren't putting chances away, i would have liked to have seen v.persie on, he would have finished a few off. That also meant bergy/thierry gets a little more rest ahead of next game.
still we got the points... thats why arsenes the boss and i'm the fan

guoxian

Based on past Flamini's performnaces, he seems to play the role of Petit very well. From pressuring the opposition to going forward in attack and giving the final passes. In the matches I watch on telly, I am happy we had him around, especially in Newcastle match.

I believe my ideal attack would be:
Ljungberg Flamini Vieira Reyes/Pires
Bergy/Cesc
Henry

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Sammer said:
sabret00the said:
i felt everyone had a great game, but pires still failed to impress me :(

true for most of the first half. But he made a great impact in the 2nd half and nearly scored twice, while making some great technical dribbling runs.
yeah agreed, i saw a big improvement in Pires's game after the restart. In the first half he passes were all over the place but made some great passes and like sammer said even had a chance to score in the second.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom