• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 02/09/07

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Adebayor really fustrates me. Theres times when i accually think hes decent but then he does things that disgusts me.

Wednesdayware

>YounGunner< said:
Adebayor really fustrates me. Theres times when i accually think hes decent but then he does things that disgusts me.

I find him quite worrisome. I think the other sides have sussed out that he is all speed and little else. He did impress me for the first 15-20 minutes today when he was helping out and even marking. After that, he got lazy again and should have been subbed out much earlier.

But he's so frigging lazy when he doesn't have a clear breakaway. He's worthless when he has to take on a man, and his final touch is sketchy at best. My gut says he'll never amount to much, and the last thing our squad needs is a questionable striker.

Kenyonhater

It's a shame there's an international break now. We've really started to build some momentum. Hope we don't lose that again before what's sure to be a humdinger of a North London derby.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
They made a good point today when he was away on the left. He has zero confidence to use his left foot, so he always moves it back to his right, and it limits what he can do with the ball. To me, that is a problem. His touch today was awful. I got a lot of disagreement with my assessment of Ade last week, but I think he looked even worse this week. Credit him for the PK, but outside of that, a poor performance.

awooga83

Established Member
Just back from the game overall was a really good match. Started well and got the penalty which when we scored meant they couldn't play a tight game. Dominated most of the first half just needed that second goal which we got. At that point pompey didn't look like they had turned up.

Then the sending off as soon as it happened you could see senderos was in big trouble and I just knew he would foul him and when he did I knew it was a red and wasn't surprised to see it.

But we got a 3rd and closed the game out pretty well. Van Persie had a very quite game nothing really came off for him and Ade and Diaby really should have scored their chances, if adebayor had just gone for the ball and not worried about a little knock. But we won and pretty well, all in all we have made a great start just didn't need another defensive headache with the red card.

kanooo

Great result.

Set us up nicely against Sp**s for the next game. Hopefully, we can still make up for Senderos' red card. Hope that Gallas will get fit faster and the international games won't injure our players further.

thegame24

Established Member
we were quality today.

brilliant stuff, and i was in a singing section.

top perfiormance, should have scored 6 but easily best side in the league so far.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
With Chelsea 2-0 down at Villa, it looks like being a very satisfactory day's work.

Must beat Sp**s in the NLD; hopefully the sending off won't come back to bite us in the arse there.

americanarf

Established Member
Kenyonhater said:
It's a shame there's an international break now. We've really started to build some momentum. Hope we don't lose that again before what's sure to be a humdinger of a North London derby.
It is good in a way, gives our injured players opportunity to recover ...

Wednesdayware

awooga83 said:
Then the sending off as soon as it happened you could see senderos was in big trouble and I just knew he would foul him and when he did I knew it was a red and wasn't surprised to see it.

..., all in all we have made a great start just didn't need another defensive headache with the red card.

The sad thing was that we we dominating so much that Senderos could have let Kanu walk in and even score, and we still would have finished them off. Senederos is still young, and he makes a lot of rash decisions. Some work in our favor, and other hurt us.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We played great today , the best thing is that out squad has a few more gears left , especially our strikers who really need to start pulling their weight.

I cannot believe that Ade did not try and slide in to meet the cross from the right. Criminal.

Whats the use of being that big and being a *****?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
well its seems the middle class teams and the lower ones(no diss) are not going to let the big sides walk all over them but that still does not mean you shouldnt take your chances..im upset senderos is gone but it shows how we have quite a strong squad now
berto can step in comfortably and diarra or flam can be in the middle with cesc, we have a lot of cover all round

americanarf

Established Member
celestis said:
We played great today , the best thing is that out squad has a few more gears left , especially our strikers who really need to start pulling their weight.

I cannot believe that Ade did not try and slide in to meet the cross from the right. Criminal.

Whats the use of being that big and being a *****?
I agree, it is criminal, he is lucky we ended up winning. Imagine had we lost ..., anyway van persie who actually didn't fear it when he won us the penalty had an excuse as he would have been going away from goal.

KingReyes

Established Member
Overall a very good performance, some terrific performances most notably by Cesc, Toure, Flams and Clichy.

Pity about the Senderos red card, it was a clumsy challenge and he was the last man therefore the ref had no choice.

Kraig

Established Member
good result for the lads. dissapointed to have conceded what was such a tame goal but what can you do about that eh!?!

a good team performance which is probably the first time we can say that this season where we have excelled through individuals.

international break kicks in now. how i hate them (how can i look forward to watching anything managed by steve mcclaren!?) Just hoping that come Tottenham we can pick up where we left off, and so do they! hahaha!!!

sabret00the

Established Member
disagree that robin had a bad game, i'd say cesc had a bad game. how many misplaced passes did he rack up? robin done some nice stuff he just wasn't a goal threat. i'd rate him a six and say he deserved to come off. he's dropping too deep and it's effecting him game in a detrimental way. his job is to be a goal threat and if he can't do that he should be dropped but certainly we have to look at why he's dropping so deep. senderos getting slated for his performance/sending off is dumb he was fantastic today.

ronitc

Quality quality game from our midfield. Only Hleb had a subdued game but everyone else was terrific.
Cesc motm for me with Rosicky, and Flams close behind. Cesc had a couple of poor passes but his misplaced passes are magnified just because his passing is really unbelievably good. I mean he rarely ever makes the wrong decision on the ball. Such a smart footballer.

asajoseph

Established Member
Cesc had a bad game? Now I've heard it all

Yes, he gave it away a few times. But, the important thing for an attacking player is the times you get it right, and Cesc made a real difference on quite a few occasions today.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom