• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 05/03/05

Jinn

Established Member
marhes26 said:
Hope we see more of him..but i have a feeling we wont.I still think Wenger will put Van Persie ahead of Quincy.Now Reyes and Bergkamp are back from bans i can see it being the same pecking order...with Van Persie on the bench.He doesnt normally have 2 strikers as subs so that why i think Quincy wont feature much..shame really,as he has impressed me more then Van Persie IMO.

If he's impressed you, why do you think Wenger won't have seen the same performance? RVP was dropped for this match. Maybe it was because of his red card, or maybe it was because he thought Quincy might be better.

Chicago

Jinn said:
marhes26 said:
Hope we see more of him..but i have a feeling we wont.I still think Wenger will put Van Persie ahead of Quincy.Now Reyes and Bergkamp are back from bans i can see it being the same pecking order...with Van Persie on the bench.He doesnt normally have 2 strikers as subs so that why i think Quincy wont feature much..shame really,as he has impressed me more then Van Persie IMO.

If he's impressed you, why do you think Wenger won't have seen the same performance? RVP was dropped for this match. Maybe it was because of his red card, or maybe it was because he thought Quincy might be better.

maybe he just thought he deserved a chance after how well he played

joe3428

Quincy need to practise his shooting and power... but overall did pretty well last night. one of the fastest player on the pitch.... but look at Flamini... again, he was everywhere. did he ever get tired?

hopefully we can play the same pressure as when we play bayern... because it's a different ball game.

JoseReyes29

flamini really is an excellent player, and if he just grows a little bit more and bulks up he could be world class.

lee1001

Established Member
I think he lacks a little composure when in the final third. His passing is suspect sometimes, i think in this day and age you need to be a more all round complete player. That means defensive midfielders with a better final ball.

For a good example cast your minds back to the Sheffield united game just before the end of 90 minutes where flamini burst into the box and had a simple ball to Cole to play but somehow passed it out for a goal kick.

Im not complaining, just pointing out an area of his game he needs to work on.
So far he has been a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.

Mark

Established Member
I do agree, lee, that his attacking is not his best quality, but that can be worked on. I still think we have the players to do that anyway and Flamini offers us something different.

quattro

great result and a great match for us overall. there was one nervy moment when yakubu's header hit the post but overall we had this one pretty well controlled.

quincy... i dont know how many here saw the game, but i have to say this kid looked class. he looked quite comfortable with henry and was showing some very promising attacks very early on in the game.

cesc fabregas... consistent performer overall. though i have to say that playing him at right wing leaves us with less width as he IS a central midfielder. however when you see how he holds up the ball and the fact that he looks quite at home getting stuck in midfield battles or tracking back to help in defence, i'd say put him on right mid whenever wenger deems it necessary.

mathieu flamini... henry's 2nd goal was a direct result of flamini's persistence. yes, sometimes his final ball doesn't reach its destination, but as a defensive mid we have a gem on our hands. when you thought we had lost the ball pompey had successfully controlled posession again, he would come along and ruin in it for them.

phillipe senderos... well with cygan out we obviously have no more centre backs to turn to. good thing that this guy is turning out very well. very good in the air, and just mistimed a jumped by a split second that could have won him his first premiership goal. very strong, and pretty good positioning. when campbell is fit i want him to be by his side.

as for our mainstays they all performed quite well. especially gael clichy. cole was ok, vieira is looking a better player every game he has played so far, lauren was ok, freddie had a nice touch when he came on, lehmann was ok, van persie still uses too many touches, toure looked resurgent, cygan went out injured.

oh and henry. thje first finish was absolute class. one touch and then boom! the next one was a "bergkamp goal", the last one was a free kick which to be fair to henry was so finely placed that it really was a ***** to keep out.

great win for the team and great morale boost for the upcoming big match. we needed this.

tbbosa

Bring on B.Munich!!! Am surprised no one is talking about Quincy alot here. I though he had a great debut atleast in the openning minutes. He could probably be the most suitable partner for Henry between him, RVP, and Reyes!! He just needs to work on his finishing in training luckily we have DB10 and TH14 who can assist him in that area!

Senderos is gonna be a star, him and Toure are the future of Arsenal.

Eboue Toure Senderos Cole

Are the future back 4 for Arsenal and boy does that look a great backline.

Arsenal for ever!!

sabret00the

Established Member
JazzG said:
Do my eyes decieve me or did we keep a clean sheet? :shock

Great result, not a f****g clue what happened but Henry hatrick going into the Bayern game is great news. Mancs dropped points as well so right behind them now.
that's the power of Senderos, we've looked ALOT more confident when he's been back there.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom