• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 05/03/05

Mark

Established Member
Henry's first hat trick of the season and his first free kick of the season. :D Good result, as we haven't actually won since Palace, who have helped us a bit by drawing with the mancs today. Hopefully we can finish 2nd, progress further in the CL, win the FA Cup and have Henry break Wrighty's record! :D

patrick42uk

Established Member
hopefully the clean sheet will help kolo's confidence because it seems he'll be playing against bayern. senderos will have to make his cl debut too. he's had a wonderful impact in the last two games though. i think part of the problem for us this year is that the team as a whole dont have confidence in the defence and that affects other areas. hopefully the two clean sheets help that. will take a massive effort to go through on wednesday, in fact we probably wont, but as long as every player on the arsenal team can look themselves in the mirror at the end and say i gave my all, i'll be pleased.

nnaife

kolo slip up in the last few was purely due to fatigue, he's played in most matches since clinching his first team place.
Kolo is a very good player overall.

Its a great result for us but we've got to also win against teams of better quailty, which we haven't managed to do at all this season.

I want to see us beat a class side - like bayern or chelsea, that would really lift morale at the club as i reckon certain players have lacked a bit of self belief and drive over the past few weeks.

A titi hatrick never fails to register a smile on my face.

kanuuu

Established Member
For anyone who watched the match, how was Quincy? Did he look as dangerous as he did against Sheffield United.

Mark

Established Member
kanuuu said:
Henry's first hat trick of the season and his first free kick of the season.

Don't you remember the Cheslea game? :wink:

Oh yeah...I always think of his first goal when I think of that game. That free kick was kind of weird, although so was today's apparently. Haven't seen it yet.

MK5

What a great game ! Is their anything more wonderful than watching the Arsenal playing like this?
Who was it that said Henry should have been rested? :lol:

bobbypires

Established Member
kanuuu said:
For anyone who watched the match, how was Quincy? Did he look as dangerous as he did against Sheffield United.
Well, I watched this game, but I didn't watch the FA Cup one (Spanish tv... they show every Premiership/Champions League game but no FA Cup). :wink:

Well, this was the game we needed before Bayern Munich. Comfortable win. And nice hattrick. :wink:

Mostarac

Established Member
Well if you saw this match, how did Quincy play? Anyway, Skysports have awarded Quincy 7 out of 10 points today and his effort today was described as impressive.

JazzG

Established Member
Do my eyes decieve me or did we keep a clean sheet? :shock

Great result, not a ****ing clue what happened but Henry hatrick going into the Bayern game is great news. Mancs dropped points as well so right behind them now.

King_Henry_14

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
namliam..ur definitely right about Henry never benefitting from a rest. I don't remember a single game..in which he performed better after the rest then the game before he was rested.

i do ... ;)

Gooner_IL

kanuuu said:

He played very well with a lot of enthusiasm, some of his finishing was a bit week but once the first goal comes he will be a first class striker just needs that to break the ice to get full confidence

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
King_Henry_14 said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
namliam..ur definitely right about Henry never benefitting from a rest. I don't remember a single game..in which he performed better after the rest then the game before he was rested.

i do ... ;)

There is always the first time...well can't complain,..bring on bayern.,

Canuck

Established Member
A great result with a depleted squad. Can't be anything but happy with that going into the 'big cup' midweek, regardless of individual performances.

bobbypires

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Well if you saw this match, how did Quincy play? Anyway, Skysports have awarded Quincy 7 out of 10 points today and his effort today was described as impressive.
He really impressed me. Started lively, then disappeared some minutes and after that he came back again.
Almost scored a goal. He's really intelligent (when he has the ball he thinks, looks and then acts). Much better than van Persie IMO.

marhes26

Hope we see more of him..but i have a feeling we wont.I still think Wenger will put Van Persie ahead of Quincy.Now Reyes and Bergkamp are back from bans i can see it being the same pecking order...with Van Persie on the bench.He doesnt normally have 2 strikers as subs so that why i think Quincy wont feature much..shame really,as he has impressed me more then Van Persie IMO.

asajoseph

Established Member
I thought Quincey was magic against Sheff. Utd, but didn't see the game today (had a hot date!). Glad to hear he played well though, the guy looks to be the real deal (for the future).

How about Senderos? Good game today? And the defence in general? I know it was a clean sheet, but did they look comfortable?

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom