• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 28/12/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 230
  • Views 10,386
A

Anonymous

Next up is Pompy who drew 1-1 with Westham today. They have got there gritt back with the return of Harry but we looked better vs Charlton. Hleb and Gilberto I expect to be rested after playing 120 minutes last week and starting against Charlton. Robin v.Persie should be back as he was nearly fit for today other than that no new injurys.

It will be intresting to see what formation as in the past 3 weeks we have tryed 4-3-3 (vs Ajax), 4-4-2 (vs Chelsea) and even 4-5-1 (vs Charlton). As its a home game I expect it wont be a 4-5-1 but with United match comming up we might he practising for that. I would like to see an ataching 4-3-3 but expect a 4-4-2

Team I expect-
Lehmann
Lauren
Toure (added)
Campbell
Cygan
Pires
Fabregas
Flamini
Reyes
RVP
Henry

My score prediction 2-0

im with you there dude... except i think you missed out toure in your back 4? hopefully another solid win, getting up some confidence before the manure game, because as were going i really think thats going to be a hard fought game.

prediction: 3-0 (henry 2, rvp)

Mod Edit TG: Please dont use text language. Next time, if there is one, your post will just be removed.

IBL

Established Member
Wahey, I'm gonna be there at Highbury for this one, can't wait.

I expect a line up similair to todays unless RvP is fit again in which case either Hleb or Reyes will make way although it should be Freddy because he's not firing too well at the moment. Wouldnt suprise me if Bergkamp played actually.

A

Anonymous

donut_sean said:
im with you there dude... except i think u missed out toure in your back 4?
hopefully another solid win, getting up some confidence before the manure game, coz as were goin i really think thats gunna be a hard fought game.

prediction: 3-0 (henry 2, rvp)

yeah, I have added him in my mistake

wer

i think we can win this game too. a score as high as possible, not 1-0 as its not good for the heart.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lua Lua is on good form at the minute and he just the kind of player that I know will give our defence some trouble.. will probably even score.

But I think we'll have too much for them on the day and I think it'll be a flattering score line that doesn't tell the whole story..

3-1.

TheEconomist

Established Member
i like the 4-5-1 formation used today, i think Wenger will use it again, cant really see him changing the team around much, except letting flamini start instead of gilberto

DOUBLE-YOU

i think line up will be

lehman
lauren
toure
campbell
cygan
ljungberg
gilberto
flamini
pires
henry
reyes

same formation as against charlton with pires replacing hleb and flamini in for cesc.

could this 3 up front formation be Wenger's way of phasing out Bergkamp?

James

Established Member
Difficult one to predict this one, in terms of the lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cygan

Ljungberg Flamini Fabregas Hleb

Henry Reyes

I shall be present in the North Bank for this one.

A

Anonymous

-------------------Lehmann

Lauren-----Toure--------Campbell----Eboue

Hleb--------Silva---------Fabregas-----Pires

------------Henry---------Reyes

Fin_Gooner

**** **** ****. I'm not getting the match on telly here... Canal+ has decided to show Man U's and ****pool's matches instead. The tv people here in Finland seem to think that everyone just loves to watch ****pool here because of Sami Hyypia. I personally couldn't care less about Liverpool or Hyypia for that matter.

Anyway, I'm obviously expecting an easy home win against the poor Pompey. The line-up will prolly be the same as on the Charlton match unless Wenger feels like giving some of the key players a rest. I have to admit that I'm a little scared of Lua Lua, he's been terrific lately.

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

Pompey have got some solidness back into their team with harry there!
but i expect 3-0 to us...

Reyes & Van persie....
then if we go to old trafford and beat them on their own doorstep... i think that would make this season normal and sweet :D
i'll forget about the games botlon,newcarstle,chelsea lol....
Aslong as we beat Sp**s at highbury and do man united it will be a great season still!
we could get our revenge on chelsea if we beat real madrid in the champions league still!

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

I think the reason why AW is changing the formation is because teams are changing their normal formation when Arsenal play them ( they dont change it for anyone eles?
They play 5 in the midfield against Arsenal to close them down and give them no time or space to play ball through!
I think wenger is trying to counter that by changing his around and seeing where they can get more space for when teams do this?
You know for sure man utd will play 5 in midfield against Arsenal and try to get in our faces and kick us about.

Courier

Funny how people think Hleb should be rested making way for Pires.Hleb NEEDS games he has been out injured.we NEED to get the 'jobs for the boys' brigade like Pires out. On the 4-5-1 it will only work consistantly with a striker who players with his back to the goal and enjoys closing down defenders. I think its a mistake until Wenger finally sees that using Henry in a deeper free role playing off this type of striker is the way to do it. Personally I'd go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Viper

Established Member
James said:
Difficult one to predict this one, in terms of the lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cygan

Ljungberg Flamini Fabregas Hleb

Henry Reyes

I shall be present in the North Bank for this one.
Yeah I'd like to see that line-up but I'd prefer to see Eboue in Cygan's slot. Its never going to happen though....

OneProudGooner

Established Member
The earliest Cole could be back is the 10th of Jan in the Carling Cup Semi's but it'll probably be again Boro on the 14th.
Clichy is 2 months away.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom