• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Reading | 03/03/07

_scorpion_

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
baptista and ade arent comparable in technique. ade adds fluency to our passing game with is movement and touch. baptista slows us down. the only reason baptista plays is because he does carry a goal threat but i wonder if ultimately that will be enough.

I was referring to the directness in their play when comparing the players.

Clearly Baptista moves slower than Ade and seems to have more touches. Whether that is attributable to fitness of lack of a preseason – well we just have to wait and see.

Ade on the other hand needs to gain more composure when in front of goal. This is the major part of his technique that needs developing. The sky is the limit for the man if he can develop this aspect.

Both are comparable because they are ‘direct’ players as opposed to instinctive passers or orchestrates of player like say Hleb, Fabregas and Rosicky . That is what I meant in regards to directness

You could throw RVP into that mix , but instead of being direct with his movement – he is more direct with his instinct to shoot at goal.

Back on topic I believe we need to start both these players and play a high pressure and attacking game if we are to succeed on the night. A slow tempo will suit PSV.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom