• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | 30/10/04

A

Anonymous

Our corners were good in pre-season. Reyes seemed to be the answer. Now though, it seems he's caught the Henry-syndrome and not being able to clear the first defender. ;)

Re outscoring the other team - in 2002/03 we had an amazing attack but our defence went to pot compared to the season before, and we didn't win the league.

This season is turning out so ominously like that season.

johe

ASHBURRN said:
Our corners were good in pre-season. Reyes seemed to be the answer. Now though, it seems he's caught the Henry-syndrome and not being able to clear the first defender. ;)

Re outscoring the other team - in 2002/03 we had an amazing attack but our defence went to pot compared to the season before, and we didn't win the league.

Yeah, but if that happens, we will win unbeaten the next season anyway, eh? ;)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if we continue on our current ratio the rest of the season, we will end up with this:

27.6 W
3.45 L
6.9 D

89.8 Points

107.0 GF :shock:
41.4 GA

kanuuu

Established Member
ASHBURRN said:

It's scarily similar to that season, the shocking defence, the amazing attack, the great start to the season, losing at OT 2-0 etc.

kanuuu

Established Member
just noticed something. after the second goal, there was a shot of wenger saying to pat rice 'patrick' in disappointment. looked at the replay and who had lost his man? vieira. wenger's body language in saying that seemed like he expected it to be him which aint a lot of confidence in your captain. i'm sure someone will tell me i'm making something out of nothing, but i sincerely believe wenger has been dissapointed in vieira so far this season.

I also noticed that, but i think Vieira will prove himself before the end of the season.

Allyboy

Established Member
Its easy to see the parallels between 2002-03 and now, but there is no doubt in my mind that we would have lost against Soton from 2-1 down in that season.

Also when we lost at OT that year we played terribly, this year we were their equals at least.

We have also added an excellent (though admittedly currently out of form) centre back inKolo Toure, an outstanding player in Reyes, and a potential future world superstars in Cesc and Van Persie.

In the same time we have lost two forwards who were not overly commited to us that year (Wiltord and Kanu) a donkey striker (Jeffers) and three aging warhorses who are past their best (Seaman, Parlour and Keown).

We are MUCH better than back then!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i would agree with everything you said except for Parlour.. Parlour wasnt exactly what i would call an "aging" warhorse... he was still able to perform at his best.. (unlike Keown & Seamo).. but i do think we are better as a team now...

TIFANNY

i would agree with everything you said except for Parlour.. Parlour wasnt exactly what i would call an "aging" warhorse... he was still able to perform at his best.. (unlike Keown & Seamo).. but i do think we are better as a team now...

agreed

Taozhe

Allyboy said:
Its easy to see the parallels between 2002-03 and now, but there is no doubt in my mind that we would have lost against Soton from 2-1 down in that season.

Also when we lost at OT that year we played terribly, this year we were their equals at least.

We have also added an excellent (though admittedly currently out of form) centre back inKolo Toure, an outstanding player in Reyes, and a potential future world superstars in Cesc and Van Persie.

In the same time we have lost two forwards who were not overly commited to us that year (Wiltord and Kanu) a donkey striker (Jeffers) and three aging warhorses who are past their best (Seaman, Parlour and Keown).

We are MUCH better than back then!!

Agreed that we were much better but other teams had gotten better as well.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom