• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 02/12/06

jester

Established Member
Their fans hardly sang aswell. So you staying in emirates then rocky? What was wierd is that for the first time, at half time, where the food is, people were still chanting, now if they done that every week the emirates would be a fortress.

Pike

>YounGunner< said:
Thats why Man Utd are top. Their response to a goal against them is always instant.

Well, I agree,..also how many times in how many games do we not convert chances in a game.

That is one difference I notice about Chelsea and Man U. We need to do the same, or we can expect more of the same in the second half of the season.

Pike

RockyRocastle

Established Member
jester said:
Their fans hardly sang aswell. So you staying in emirates then rocky? What was wierd is that for the first time, at half time, where the food is, people were still chanting, now if they done that every week the emirates would be a fortress.

Depends on the price rises next year, although I would never miss this game.

It is such a shame that the atmosphere cant be like today for every other game.

But at the same time, it is what makes this fixture so speical and so different.

There was a buzz at half 9 in the packed pub and a buzz walking and singing to the ground. Then inside it was electric - great to see most of the north end and a lot of the south standing.

Allyboy

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
What a great f****g day! 3-0 against the ****!

Just the performance I wanted from the lads, 100% effort from everyone, especially Ade, Van Persie and Feddie.

Again though we created very little from open play, but I dont really care right now.

Those c**nts were put firmly back in their place today. They were utter pony.

Atmosphere was magic aswell. Their support was s**t, probably the worst at ours this season. Melted outside aswell, although half of them f*d off with 10 minutes to go.

So the two games that I miss (Liverpool and Sp**s) it turns out our fans actually give a ****? Great! :wink:

Im going to be at the Man Utd and Chelsea games though, if we lose them and the atmosphere is **** then im going to get a bit paranoid!

Glad you were happy with the fans today Rocky, still a long way to go I think but at least we now know our home support CAN be good!

Great day all round, nothing like giving the y*ddos a good stuffing, especially when they spend the whole week before hyping their "impending win" up like its the most important thing in the history of sport!

patrick42uk

Established Member
Gurgen said:
You need awareness to pass don't you? It's not his strength, but he's certainly not poor in that department.

And I don't agree with the last bit either. But he's pretty damn good.

awareness, IMO, is seeing the right pass early enough and often enough, understanding the movement of your team mates. then the execution of the pass comes into it. even with the latter rvp can be inconsistent which is why i'd prefer we played to his strengths, i.e getting him into positions to work the keeper.

even for the pass to ade you refer to, robinson got there first, and i vaguely remember thinking it was the wrong pass for the situation but i'll have to watch the game again to confirm.

Alfonso

Established Member
Found this quite funny(from Arsenal World)-

"If the Sp**s fans are to be believed, and we all know how much they love to hear themselves speak and always think they're right, Arsenal are a one man team. Now considering that that one man, Thierry Henry, was side lined for today's fixture, Sp**s were in effective, beaten by a 'No-Man' team."

'No-Man' team. Classic. :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

What a joke, why isnt the Arsenal vs Sp**s game not one of the first two to be shown on MOTD....

Biggus

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Army of Me said:
Tony Montana said:
And yet earlier in this thread you thought we'd get battered. You wanted this result yet you predicted 3-1 or something to Sp**s.

Why? :( :(
Because I had just witnessed Fulham turn us over, that's why.

Make no mistake, just because I didn't expect us to trounce the **** doesn't mean I didn't want it!

I know man. I'm just playing. I thought we would draw but I didn't expect a 3-0 win.

Well we knew it either had to be 1-1 or 3-0 :lol:
Incidently I thought Poll had a great game today :whistling
I've always said that he was a good ref :whistling
Very strong on disicipline...is not afraid to give three yellows-to the same player if necessary. :) :whistling

Original_AAA

Alfonso said:
Found this quite funny(from Arsenal World)-

"If the Sp**s fans are to be believed, and we all know how much they love to hear themselves speak and always think they're right, Arsenal are a one man team. Now considering that that one man, Thierry Henry, was side lined for today's fixture, Sp**s were in effective, beaten by a 'No-Man' team."

'No-Man' team. Classic. :lol:

Classic! :D

moodymooday

We weren't that good today, actually - the second penalty was never a penalty because of van Persie's handball, and I think we could've done more with the possession we had. Plus if Marlbranque had scored in the 11th minute (or something like that, can't remember the exact number) we would've been in real trouble.

But seeing Henry in the lining-up area (what's that called?) talking to the players was fantastic. And it showed from the very first minute, you know? It was obvious that the players had taken the criticism from the past two games to heart and they played with grit and determination. There was a real sense of purpose and teamwork.

Great individual performances as well, Adebayor made up for the Fulham game and was the goal he scored was well-taken too. Ljungberg showed that he wasn't over-the-hill, he's still a useful squad player. I thought Clichy was excellent. Fabregas and Gilberto were good, too - especially Gilberto for leading the team well, and coolly-struck penalties too.

And the atmosphere was electric, the fans were singing nonstop and it was incredible even watching it on the TV at home. Only bad point was Eboue's simulations, which frankly were embarrassing - he looked perfectly alright when he got up to have a go at Malbranque - and maybe van Persie who, for the whole game, was reduced to link-up play. Link-up play is good, but he isn't a Bergkamp, that's not his strengths. Something for Wenger to figure out.

Now, hopefully we'll play with the same grit for the other games and I'm sure we'll pick up this season.

No Man team = classic :D

invisibleman18

Established Member
Great performance. Couple of pretty fortunate penalty decisions which my Sp*urs Father was none too pleased with :lol:
1st was fair enough I thought, although the 2nd was very dodgy.
Still the score was a pretty fair reflection of the game, Sp*rs were never in it. And as it was when we played Liverpool, probably no suprise that a win like that came against a side playing 4-4-2 and fancying their chances of 3 points. The tactics are quite simple coming to play us these days. Play 4-5-1 and park your bus in front of the goal and it seems to be at least guaranteed point at the moment. When a couple of teams have tried to be a bit more positive, they've been thrashed.

So that's the first of 3 massive games out of the way. For me the biggest is the next one in midweek.

thegame24

Established Member
i like the unity we showed. Sp**s were piss poor let down really cause it wasnt a great game but we got 3 points against wankers so thats cool.

unity though was the good part, all the players gave 100% i rate that. incl;uding ljunberg who isnt my favorite at the moment but he was on it today.

henry i rate the way he acted today

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

patrick42uk said:
Gurgen said:
patrick42uk said:
rvp should be played further up but isnt because he lacks body strength which was very apparant today.

You mean like when he got in between King and Chimbonda to win a penalty? :lol:

Like Senderos, he doesn't lack strength, he just has to learn how to use his body properly in this league.

call it what you like, all i know is when the ball gets played up to him with a defender on his back, it never sticks and for that reason he is played deeper.

I agree that it is so much about strength and more about learning how to absorb contact and look for contact so you can use the defender to turn . Curiously though I thought RVP used to be fantastic at receiving the ball furhter up with his back towards play and then he broke his foot. Since then he that aspect has looked nowhere near as good. Having said that I think that today his abitlity to hold on to the ball in midfield was first class. He will be super player for us one day when he puts it all together . He reminds me a lot of Matt Letissier.

the dawn raids

Established Member
otfgoon said:
TDR missing the point a bit.

and how exactly is that? i said i was glad to get the win today, but last saturday would you have accepted 3 points out of 9 for this week? i didnt hink so.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom